PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 20, 2014
Olympia Christian School provided me with a foundation for success. From learning Spanish from an early age to participating in local social service service projects, OCS provides students of all social backrounds the understanding of the word "community".

Posted August 19, 2013
I've gone to Olympia Christian School for 8 years and every year it is a new experience. We do service projects and volunteer at the Thurstan County Food Bank. The teachers at OCS challenge each student to do good and help us when we need it. Each class has a nice number of students so you get one on one time with the teacher. By the end of the year you've grown mentally, physically, and spiritually. If you are considering sending your child to OCS. I highly recommend that you do send your child. (this is caming from a student that currently goes to OCS)

Posted June 25, 2011
My children have excelled at OCS. The small class sizes mean they get a lot of individual attention. As a result their standardized test scores are are in the upper percentile of the country proving you don't have to spend a fortune for good academics. My children have developed close, healthy friendships with their classmates. As a parent I find the teachers and principal are very accessible. They are great Christian role models. My experience has been excellent.

Olympia Christian School 4

Posted May 18, 2011
I think this is an excellent school. Not only are students well prepared for their future academically, but the teachers truly love and care about the kids. I had a child who attended for several years. During that time our family was going through a divorce, and my child took out his anger on the teacher, rebelling at authority. The teacher loved my child through that difficult time, and today my child says she was his favorite teacher. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a loving and nurturing environment, yet teaches kids to be responsible for themselves.

Posted May 10, 2011
I have had my kids at OCS for the past 12 years. I have been very pleased with the quality of education they have received. The teachers have done what they could to make sure that our kids have learned to do their best. The teachers have challenged them academically as well as being spiritual leaders. I love that the teachers can pray with the kids and talk about the love of our Savior. There is also some awesome extra curricular activities such as a sign language choir, bells, and chimes. I would recommend our school to anyone who is wanting a christian atmosphere, smaller classroom sizes and excellent academics. We love OCS!

Olympia Christian School 1

Posted January 15, 2011
I am appalled at the comment "child with baggage"! How could an educator say that about ANY child? Also, if the person leaving the initial comment was an ex-employ then wouldn't she be aware of the "climate of the school?" I came here to talk about the experience my children and I experienced with this school, but I believe that horrible comment, and the significant drop in enrollment speaks for itself. How sad that the adult who verbally attacked a young child, is representing Christian values.

Posted September 05, 2010
I am a parent of two OCS students. One is now a successful university student while the other is still at OCS. Both my children love OCS dearly. They are both well prepared for whatever lies ahead. The teachers are both professional and spiritual. I cannot believe that people can verbally bash a school that is committed to both preparing kids to serve their Maker and their community. I love OCS and so do my kids. I sincerely hope that the people who wrote these negative reviews find what they are looking for. I feel bad that they did not get what they wanted. I have gotten what I want an education for my children. Thank you OCS.

Posted September 05, 2010
I used to go to OCS and wish I could have stayed longer. The education you can receive at this school is excellent. I cannot emphasize this more. For example, after 10th grade I was ready to do college-level work and do high school at the same time! This school has so much to offer, not only academically, but emotionally, socially and most importantly spiritually. Please pay no attention to the catharsis seen in other reviews. In all good places there must be some who try to kill the spirit. I am proud to have come from this school.

Olympia Christian School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
I was student at OCS for eight years and honestly, I hated it there. The Seventh-Day Adventists teachers disliked me to the extreme and my 7th and 8th grade teacher was of no help to me in my work there, especially when I struggled in my math. I would not recommend this school for any parent to send their child to.

Olympia Christian School 1

Posted March 07, 2010
I am very disappointed to see that none of the other several parents, that ripped their kids out of this school when I did, rated this school. Apparently the staff of this school was not raised with the same Christian values that I was or that I intend to raise my child with. I could go on for hours about OCS, but I'll keep it short & sweet...........No issues were ever dealt with, they were always mine or my child's fault. So why did so many parents pull their kids out at the same time? Or is that issue their fault too? Or maybe, it's OCS........ Life is good now & my child is very successful in her new school. No problems!

Olympia Christian School
1215 Ethel Street Northwest, Olympia, WA  98502
Last modified Olympia Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8