Olympia, WA

Posted May 09, 2014
High parental involvement, dedicated teachers, and an administration that truly cares about what is best for the students.

Posted March 03, 2014
Both my children attended Griffin elementary and middle school from 1st through 8th grade. This school is part of the Griffin Community and was instrumental in teaching my children the skills needed to succeed in high school and college. The friends they made at Griffin are life long.

Posted May 01, 2013
GRIFFIN IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER! YOU CAN MAKE FRIENDS EASILY! DON'T JUDGE THE STAFF OR THE PEOPLE AT GRIFFIN CAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW THEM! THIS IS MY 9TH YEAR AND I'M GOING TOO MISS IT SO MUCH NEXT YEAR!!!! :-( I DON'T WANT TOO LEAVE! :-(

Posted February 14, 2013
Griffin is a wonderful school. My son is in special education and requires larges amounts of behavior supports as well as a smaller setting which Griffin bent over backwards to accomplish! We moved from Lacey to Steamboat Island just so he could go to this school. Most of the staff are great and the assistant principal is amazing (far better in my opinion than the principal). Unfortunately once leaving Griffin that small, supportive environment is completely wiped away as the kids enter the prison school from h*ll Capital High School.

Posted February 10, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten which should be an excellent experience for a child he started his school year at Mt. view in Lacey. Dylan had nothing short of a negative experience, from their so called Hoot patrol to time out corner, being sent to the principal, even suspension. I have never had such a experience from a school , any way we moved out on steam boat island and he started Griffin elementary in November of 2012. Never have I seen such a transformation from a 5year old child from a super negative attitude school teacher friends the whole nine yards. I just got his first progress report I am so happy with the progress. Thank you Mr. Finn and the rest of Griffin school district for changing my sons outlook on learning. Marijo Grable

Posted September 05, 2012
I must agree with the comment that Principal/superintendent is not true to his word. He is intimintated easily. If it wasn't for the assisant principal there would be no leadership at all. It's ashame. If the Principal didn't think he was so 'high and mighty' there would be much more parent involvement.

Posted August 23, 2012
Principal/superintendent is not true to his word. He tells you one thing and then does not follow through on that action or changes the action without first informing the parent. Appears to be a "yes" man, all talk and no action. Promises actions in the classroom that he is not able to get the teachers to "buy in to". Makes unprofessional comments, trying to make the parent feel guilty. Does not respond to questions within his own time frame. A majority of the teachers seem disinterested, burned out. Classrooms are geared toward the "middle of the road" students. Students operating above or below that level are out of luck, accommodations will not be made. I asked others why they think Griffin is a "great school" and they replied because of the parent involvement and because it is safe. Both good reasons, but, what about quality of education and good leadership!

Posted August 13, 2012
Both of my children graduated from Griffin after spending their whole elementary and middle school careers here. We loved being part of the Griffin family. It is a small, community driven school. We chose the school district then moved to the Steamboat peninsula just so that our children could attend, and then move on to Capital High School. It is the only K-8th public school in the county. We think the extra years a family spends at a K-8th school means that they are more involved, more committed to the school. Many, many parents volunteer in the classrooms and are very involved. Excellent teachers and strong leadership. I highly recommend!

Posted May 03, 2010
This school is amazing. Ive gone here for seven years and its amazing.

Posted May 27, 2009

Griffin School
6530 33rd Ave NW, Olympia, WA  98502
Last modified Griffin School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffin School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top