Bad
Good

I went to this school for awhile although I will admit I was rebellious in those days I would still like to say there were far too many rules which caused the students to feel hostile towards most figures of authority because rules that most would consider dumb were enforced to the letter such as no hats inside many students would become fed up and more than a few hated the middle school itself and there was always a hostile attitude towards the building and certain teachers and from what I know it's no better this year

I'm not sure I could agree that the teachers and staff care about the students. After the three years that my children were in the school, it was apparent that there was no attempt to know them. Not even their teachers could correctly pronounce their names during the end-of-year awards ceremonies. In fact, my son even had his name spelled incorrectly on his award. That's just inexcusable.

My wife and I recently took our children out of Orting Schools and now home-schooling. We found that most of the teaching cirruculum used at the school was less than adequate and were very dissapointed with the method math was being taught.

My wife and I know the funding situation in Orting School District is a challenge, as it is with most districts. We applaud the principal and his staff for their perseverence in making all efforts to provide our students a worthwhile, valuable learning experience at Orting Middle School. We appreciate that our students enjoy going to Orting and feel safe and cared about.

The Principal and the staff are outstanding. Lots of different activities are offered to the students, like Band, Choir, Novel Days, Fieldtrips, Battle of the Books, Knowledge Bowl, Challenger Proram, Honors Badge, Student of the Month, Movie Day, Blue Ribbon Breakfast, 6th grade camp, various sports and much more.The teachers are involved in school activities beyond their classroom. They care about the students. Everybody is excited about moving into the new Middle School this summer.

I started teaching at Orting Middle School last year and I have been impressed by the awesome staff that I have to work with. They really want what is best for kids, so I was shocked by some of the other reviews. We are so very excited because we will be moving into a new facility next school year and I know that can only improve the school climate for all of us. There have been a number of changes in staff and curriculum in the last couple of years and our test scores are on the rise. OMS is really a great place for kids and a wonderful place to work.

i luv this school we have the best education your kids could ever need and it still has that small town feel!!! our teachers our great and know how to discipline students without going over the top!!! Im going into the my last year at OMS and i couldnt go to a better school! No its not a private fancy school with uniforms but i think uniforms dont let kids express their personality!!! Ive gone to Orting Schools since i was in kindergarden and ive never missed a day in two years and i got one B this past year and the rest were all A's!

Completely shocked! This school is so far behind the other schools in the area that it is sickening. Everyone is accepted for after school sports because only a handful of kids try out. The level of education is so bad the our children are excelling because they are 2 grades ahead of everyone else attending Orting. After touring the school we also found the conditions of the classroom in less the desirable conditions. Not very health.

Last modified Orting Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.