Orting Middle School 3

Posted January 13, 2010
I went to this school for awhile although I will admit I was rebellious in those days I would still like to say there were far too many rules which caused the students to feel hostile towards most figures of authority because rules that most would consider dumb were enforced to the letter such as no hats inside many students would become fed up and more than a few hated the middle school itself and there was always a hostile attitude towards the building and certain teachers and from what I know it's no better this year

Posted April 15, 2009

Orting Middle School 1

Posted March 07, 2009
I'm not sure I could agree that the teachers and staff care about the students. After the three years that my children were in the school, it was apparent that there was no attempt to know them. Not even their teachers could correctly pronounce their names during the end-of-year awards ceremonies. In fact, my son even had his name spelled incorrectly on his award. That's just inexcusable.

Orting Middle School 0

Posted March 07, 2009
My wife and I recently took our children out of Orting Schools and now home-schooling. We found that most of the teaching cirruculum used at the school was less than adequate and were very dissapointed with the method math was being taught.

Posted June 26, 2008
My wife and I know the funding situation in Orting School District is a challenge, as it is with most districts. We applaud the principal and his staff for their perseverence in making all efforts to provide our students a worthwhile, valuable learning experience at Orting Middle School. We appreciate that our students enjoy going to Orting and feel safe and cared about.

Posted May 24, 2008
The Principal and the staff are outstanding. Lots of different activities are offered to the students, like Band, Choir, Novel Days, Fieldtrips, Battle of the Books, Knowledge Bowl, Challenger Proram, Honors Badge, Student of the Month, Movie Day, Blue Ribbon Breakfast, 6th grade camp, various sports and much more.The teachers are involved in school activities beyond their classroom. They care about the students. Everybody is excited about moving into the new Middle School this summer.

Posted May 10, 2008
I started teaching at Orting Middle School last year and I have been impressed by the awesome staff that I have to work with. They really want what is best for kids, so I was shocked by some of the other reviews. We are so very excited because we will be moving into a new facility next school year and I know that can only improve the school climate for all of us. There have been a number of changes in staff and curriculum in the last couple of years and our test scores are on the rise. OMS is really a great place for kids and a wonderful place to work.

Posted December 13, 2007

Posted August 21, 2007
i luv this school we have the best education your kids could ever need and it still has that small town feel!!! our teachers our great and know how to discipline students without going over the top!!! Im going into the my last year at OMS and i couldnt go to a better school! No its not a private fancy school with uniforms but i think uniforms dont let kids express their personality!!! Ive gone to Orting Schools since i was in kindergarden and ive never missed a day in two years and i got one B this past year and the rest were all A's!

Orting Middle School 2

Posted July 31, 2007

Orting Middle School
111 Whitehawk Blvd NW, Orting, WA  98360
Last modified Orting Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orting Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top