Bad
Good

Great school, friendly, professional and I feel welcomed. I like how the playgrounds are separate. The teachers and staff work with the parents on issues. The curriculum is something decided on by the district and the teachers have to follow suit. If you want to be in a less crowded school with a higher curriculum move to Richland or bring it up with the Pasco School District.

This school is an excellent school. We currently bought a new home, and we wouldn't look outside of the school boundaries because we wanted our kids to continue to go to Livingston. I personally know at least 3 other families that have moved within the school boundaries for the same reason. My kids are excelling in reading, math, and science. Also, while the need to prepare students for the MSP, they do not teach to the test. My children are learning problem solving, and Livingston staff are giving my children ample tools in their skill belts. (It is overcrowded, it is impossible to pass school bonds in Pasco. It's ridiculous.)

Too many party/pizza days. The teaching is grossly behind compared to other schools in the area. My child regularly comes home to inform me that she did not read or do math and they they celebrated (another) classmates birthday. School is for education. I am very disappointed.

Ruth Livingston is a dissapointment to students and parents. It is grossly overcrowded due to the huge surge of low income families. It leaves me speechless that they cater to them in the first place when they are clearly bringing down the other childrens education.

My child attends this school and in all honesty their curriculum is way behind! The teacher told me that challenging homework would not be given as she only gives out what she has to. The cafeteria serves up food that is expensive prepackaged carb filled garbage. If you are fine with your kid being behind compared to the rest of the nation then you will save on not having to pay for preschool!

My daughter loves coming to school! The teachers are great and so is the office staff. A glitch with the bus system was thoroughly and completely handled with kindness and impressive professionalism. This is truly an amazing school.

I was a student in 1978.. The first kindergarden class when the school opened. I have nothing but fond memories of the school and staff., At the time, I was also the youngest student in Project Spectrum, and I am absolutely THRILLED to know that it is still available. Unfortuantely, after the second grade, I moved to Pendleton, OR. A relatively short distance to move, but I'd still noticed, even at age 7, that the quality of education was lower. At age 12, my family moved to Florida.. and it might have been another planet. I had the same reading book in 7th grade that I had in Washington in the 4th grade reading class (I was an advanced reader - thus went to the 4th grade class for reading)! If you have a student in Pasco County Schools, you are truely blessed!

Last modified Ruth Livingston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.