Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

So far I have had nothing but good experiences with 2 of my children and their homework-load. I love the reading log concept and all the teachers have always been extremely helpful when I need more or less homework!

Develops character: Agree

I am hoping that our school moves away from a "your student is only good if it sits still and is quiet" model, and more to a model that rewards students based on other positive character building attributes.

Before I moved to this area, I researched all the elementary schools in this district. I chose Manchester based on the size (I love the smaller sized school, it gives you a more personal experience...best in the district) and how the staff and educators took care of the children. I have now been here 4 years and absolutely love how involved and concerned both the teachers and staff are, not only concerning my childrens education but their emotional and social well-being as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They don't hold their students accountable. They have no control. Then there's favoritism and singling out one's they don't care for.

Amount of homework: Disagree

one of my kids has just the right amount but then the other one doesn't get enough.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no discipline at that school and if they do it's very one sided. for example: if a kid gets kicked and slapped, that kid doesn't get in trouble. but when a kid defends himself against a slap and a kick, he's the one who gets suspended and in trouble. The school doesn't discipline for homosexual slurs or racial slurs. if they do, it might only be a recess or 2. They are rewarding bad behavior which has resulted in the kids running all over the principal and teachers. The school is horrible. worse principal I have ever encountered.

The new principal is horrible,!! there's no consistency, kids are NOT held accountable. The teachers and the principal let the kids run the school. I can't say anything good about this school , it's really gone downhill.

I have 3 kids that attend Manchester. Anytime I have had an issue the teachers have been very responsive. The ladies at the front desk are amazing and the NEW principle is fantastic!! I for one love Manchester and love my kids attending this school!!

I wrote a post about a month ago an i guess because it wasn't nice they took it off. This school was a good school but the principal is a push over and doesn't help with problems in the school all 3 of my children have attended this school an i am so disappointed in it. When children are bullied by staff an students an nothing is done really bothers me. I would not ever recommend this school to any one .

We are a military and my children have been to 4 different schools in the United States. Manchester is by far the best elementary school they have attended. My son has special needs and has had the attention he needs to strive and feel comfortable in a classroom setting. I highly recommend this school. Everyone is wonderful including the principal, office staff and all the teachers I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Last modified Manchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.