Port Orchard, WA

Manchester Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
I wrote a post about a month ago an i guess because it wasn't nice they took it off. This school was a good school but the principal is a push over and doesn't help with problems in the school all 3 of my children have attended this school an i am so disappointed in it. When children are bullied by staff an students an nothing is done really bothers me. I would not ever recommend this school to any one .

Manchester Elementary School 5

Posted December 26, 2013
We are a military and my children have been to 4 different schools in the United States. Manchester is by far the best elementary school they have attended. My son has special needs and has had the attention he needs to strive and feel comfortable in a classroom setting. I highly recommend this school. Everyone is wonderful including the principal, office staff and all the teachers I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Posted April 28, 2010
I feel most of the teachers here are helpful and really do care. On the other hand the principal who is responsible for dicipline is non-existent. My son is bullied on a daily basis at this school and nothing is done about it. I'm really happy this is his last year here! I'm really tired of him coming home in tears from being picked on. I finally broke down and came away from my own values telling him to STAND up for himself and protect himself to make a definitive statement to the bullies. If the school wont do it for him, he must do it for himself.

Manchester Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2010

Posted September 08, 2009
My 3 children have been attending Manchester for 5 years. The teachers are personable, the staff is kind and helpful, and the curriculum is challenging-yet attainable. I love the family-like atmosphere in such a relatively small elementary school.

Manchester Elementary School 5

Posted September 24, 2008
Great teachers! Super principal and the students are awesome!

Manchester Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2008
My child has been at Manchester for 3 years now. Though I was really unhappy with Manchester Elementary's Kindergarten program. When my child was in this classroom, the Teacher was fabulous and we were constantlky told that she was at grade level and above. Unfortunately two weekd after getting into 1st grade here we were told she was way behind. How is it possible to go from above grade level or in the least meeting grade level expectations to below in just 3 short Summer months? Through hard work on our part and our childs she is now doing exceedingly well again. I love the Teachers and the Staff. I have never had any problems with the Principal and though I don't know him well, he appears to be a friendly and involved Leader at this School. They also have great Family fun nights and student activities.

Posted February 10, 2008
This is my last year at Manchester and overall it was a great school. Of course I had problems but I believe I'm going to miss this school. The teachers give a reasonable amount of homework. Manchester gives just the right amount of time to finish your schoolwork also. So I would recommend Manchester.

Manchester Elementary School 4

Posted November 14, 2007
So far, our experience with Manchester has been above average. My child had a bully harassing him a bit and when I merely mentioned this to the teacher at conference (didn't even know the bully's name) this problem was dealt with by the next school day. The bully came up to my child, said they were sorry and would like to be friends. That alone bowled me over, I only halfheartedly believed the teacher when informed Manchester has a zero tolerance bully policy. (I've heard that many times before, after all.) The principal also appears to be involved and caring. Is out there waving to all the parents and kids and chit chatting with them at drop-off. The office staff and the teachers all seem very friendly and approachable and we like that. I feel that if we ever had a problem, we have people on our side.

Manchester Elementary School 1

Posted September 14, 2007
It is heartening to hear the parent speak of feeling their child is safe and cared for at Manchester. We aren't familiar with the special needs program faculty or staff. It's nice to hear that it is well run. In spite of the failings of Manchester there are many excellent and caring teachers and staff there. Even so, I would urge all parents to stay engaged and take action immediately if any concerns are brought by their student(s). Some postings on this site have expressed concerns about student to student bullying and a lack of diciplinary action. We did have that experience, but rather had an unresolved and prolonged situation of a staff member bullying, intimidating, and tormenting our child. But like some of the other postings have stated, we ultimately hold the principal responsible. He is weak and as a result fosters an unsafe environment for students.

Manchester Elementary School
1901 California Ave East, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified Manchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manchester Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top