Port Orchard, WA

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 31, 2015
They don't hold their students accountable. They have no control. Then there's favoritism and singling out one's they don't care for.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 31, 2015
one of my kids has just the right amount but then the other one doesn't get enough.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
no way .. for all the reason I have already listed. the kids do and say what ever they want. they are not held accountable nor does the staff uphold their own handbook for rules and regulations. I don't even think they know their own handbook. I've had to school them a few times.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
There is no discipline at that school and if they do it's very one sided. for example: if a kid gets kicked and slapped, that kid doesn't get in trouble. but when a kid defends himself against a slap and a kick, he's the one who gets suspended and in trouble. The school doesn't discipline for homosexual slurs or racial slurs. if they do, it might only be a recess or 2. They are rewarding bad behavior which has resulted in the kids running all over the principal and teachers. The school is horrible. worse principal I have ever encountered.

Manchester Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2015
The new principal is horrible,!! there's no consistency, kids are NOT held accountable. The teachers and the principal let the kids run the school. I can't say anything good about this school , it's really gone downhill.

Manchester Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2015
I have 3 kids that attend Manchester. Anytime I have had an issue the teachers have been very responsive. The ladies at the front desk are amazing and the NEW principle is fantastic!! I for one love Manchester and love my kids attending this school!!

Manchester Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
I wrote a post about a month ago an i guess because it wasn't nice they took it off. This school was a good school but the principal is a push over and doesn't help with problems in the school all 3 of my children have attended this school an i am so disappointed in it. When children are bullied by staff an students an nothing is done really bothers me. I would not ever recommend this school to any one .

Manchester Elementary School 5

Posted December 26, 2013
We are a military and my children have been to 4 different schools in the United States. Manchester is by far the best elementary school they have attended. My son has special needs and has had the attention he needs to strive and feel comfortable in a classroom setting. I highly recommend this school. Everyone is wonderful including the principal, office staff and all the teachers I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Manchester Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS FAIR. STILL NEEDS A LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS. SPECIALY IN THE TEACHING FIELD. THERE ARE A LOT OF PROBLEMS BECAUSE THE BULLIES.

Posted April 28, 2010
I feel most of the teachers here are helpful and really do care. On the other hand the principal who is responsible for dicipline is non-existent. My son is bullied on a daily basis at this school and nothing is done about it. I'm really happy this is his last year here! I'm really tired of him coming home in tears from being picked on. I finally broke down and came away from my own values telling him to STAND up for himself and protect himself to make a definitive statement to the bullies. If the school wont do it for him, he must do it for himself.

1901 California Ave East, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified Manchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manchester Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top