Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 25, 2015
So far I have had nothing but good experiences with 2 of my children and their homework-load. I love the reading log concept and all the teachers have always been extremely helpful when I need more or less homework!

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 25, 2015
I think we might be moving more in that direction...I see that with our new principal, that those principles are important to her.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 25, 2015
I am hoping that our school moves away from a "your student is only good if it sits still and is quiet" model, and more to a model that rewards students based on other positive character building attributes.

Manchester Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2015
Before I moved to this area, I researched all the elementary schools in this district. I chose Manchester based on the size (I love the smaller sized school, it gives you a more personal experience...best in the district) and how the staff and educators took care of the children. I have now been here 4 years and absolutely love how involved and concerned both the teachers and staff are, not only concerning my childrens education but their emotional and social well-being as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 31, 2015
They don't hold their students accountable. They have no control. Then there's favoritism and singling out one's they don't care for.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 31, 2015
one of my kids has just the right amount but then the other one doesn't get enough.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
no way .. for all the reason I have already listed. the kids do and say what ever they want. they are not held accountable nor does the staff uphold their own handbook for rules and regulations. I don't even think they know their own handbook. I've had to school them a few times.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
There is no discipline at that school and if they do it's very one sided. for example: if a kid gets kicked and slapped, that kid doesn't get in trouble. but when a kid defends himself against a slap and a kick, he's the one who gets suspended and in trouble. The school doesn't discipline for homosexual slurs or racial slurs. if they do, it might only be a recess or 2. They are rewarding bad behavior which has resulted in the kids running all over the principal and teachers. The school is horrible. worse principal I have ever encountered.

Manchester Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2015
The new principal is horrible,!! there's no consistency, kids are NOT held accountable. The teachers and the principal let the kids run the school. I can't say anything good about this school , it's really gone downhill.

Manchester Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2015
I have 3 kids that attend Manchester. Anytime I have had an issue the teachers have been very responsive. The ladies at the front desk are amazing and the NEW principle is fantastic!! I for one love Manchester and love my kids attending this school!!

1901 California Ave East, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified Manchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.