Posted November 23, 2014
Great School moved here from Oregon and both kids go/went there had couple little incidents with kids bullying but the school handeld it very well. Overall I give them 5 stars because they have a very good hardworking staff of people working there!!! :-) :-) :-)

Posted April 28, 2014
This is the best school ever my kids go there best school in port orchard the principal Mr Pickard was also voted best principal.

Posted October 27, 2013
SOUTH COLBY ROCKS...... SMALL SCHOOL, SMALL CLASS, MORE ONE ON ONE..... GREAT TEACHERS AND STAFF.....BEST SCHOOL IN PORT ORCHARD.

Posted October 11, 2013
We moved to Port Orchard from TX, and decided to move to this area based on reviews of the schools. We couldn't have been happier!!! We had 3 children enrolled into South Colby, two of whom are extremely shy, and on their first day of school (we moved in the middle of the year), they made several friends. Many of the students welcomed them, and some even wrote them Welcome to South Colby notes....ON THEIR OWN!!! Mr. Pickard, the principle is hands down the best principle of any school we've ever been to, and the kids LOVE HIM! He knows every kid by name in his school and cares for each of them. The teachers are great, and did a great job ensuring our kids felt comfortable getting acclimated to their new environment. If your moving to Port Orchard, you want to enroll your child in South Colby Elementary!!!! Mullenix is a great choice as well, but South Colby has more of a "family" feel to it! I can't say enough good things about this school, the Staff, and the students!!! Because of the environment fostered at this school, my children have blossomed, both socially and academically!

Posted June 26, 2012
I chose to send my son to this school based off reviews from this site. We live outside the area of bus pickup so we drive him every day so that he can go there. The teachers have all been amazing. The principal is very involved and accessible. Parents are very involved and welcomed. This school has been absolutely wonderful. My son will be in 5th grade next year and he loves it too.

Posted February 04, 2011
My daughter was here for 3 years. She loves all her teachers. I hate that we are moving and have to leave this great school.

South Colby Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2010
My son has been going to South Colby for three years and we just love it. My son loves going to school because the teachers are great, he enjoys music class, and likes to do the extracurricular P.E. and science classes when they are offered. The principal, Brian Pickard, is involved in everything from motivating the kids to helping patrol the pickup area after school. I have been impressed by this school from the very beginning.

Posted September 24, 2007
As a student of South Colby, I notice how amazing it is. I came to the school as a new kid, but instead of people making fun of me, I realized how well behaved and nice they were. Plus, I have never seen any bullying there. The teachers you can tell really do care about my learning. They know that my education is important, and thats what I think is whats right. They really do prepare us for our future extremely well. Respect is the golden rule of life, and it seems everyone at south colby elementary school grasps that idea. Thats why I love this school so much.

Posted September 13, 2007
This school rocks! Having attended it myself, my child now attends. We adore the principal, he is such a positive influence on everyone at this school, from students, to teachers to parents! We moved to this school from a less desireable school in the district, and what a difference it has made on our child! The vibe is incredibly positive, the environment is awesome, the teachers are all helpful and happy, and they make learning fun and exciting at this school. The total experience is favorable and S. Colby gets a huge Thumbs up!

Posted June 10, 2007
An absolutely great school with a positive learning environment. The Principal leads by example and expects no less from the staff. It's a warm and welcoming school. To the Staff who may read this: Great job, keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

South Colby Elementary School
3281 Banner Rd SE, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified South Colby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Colby Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top