Port Orchard, WA

Posted December 04, 2013
I am a parent who tries to be as involved as I can in my child's learning. In my time volunteering at Sidney Glen Elementary I am amazed at the dedication of the teachers and support staff. They are always kind and nurturing to the students & go above and beyond to make sure the children are thriving in their learning environment. Our children all come from different backgrounds, and in my opinion the teachers and school staff have done an exceptional job in meeting each individual need. If you are a parent who wants to complain, why don't you try volunteering in your child's school and I guarantee you will point your finger less at what the teacher is or isn't doing & pay a little more attention to the amazing job they are doing juggling the individual needs of 25+ students. I believe success begins with what we are teaching them at home and expands with what they learn outside the home. The staff at Sidney Glen truly loves each and every one of our children and in my opinion they are all rock stars doing one of the hardest jobs there are!!! Thank you Sidney Glen for all you do & continue to do for our children!

Posted November 16, 2013
I was impressed with Sidney Glen as a Guest Teacher. The students made a special effort to open the doors for me. The principal and staff made it a pleasant day. The groups I had were kind and cooperative.

Posted November 04, 2013
Great all around learning experience for our three children who have attended Sidney Glen over the years. Lots of extra curricular activities like the school play, after school basketball, violin, etc... really focuses on the whole child experience, great school!

Posted November 03, 2013
Sidney Glen is an exceptional school! The staff is dedicated, and they truly care about their students. My kids have loved every single one of their teachers. The school has won multiple awards because of academic achievement. I am proud to have my kids attend Sidney Glen!

Sidney Glen Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2013
New to Kitsap Co. so this is our first experience in the area. The office staff is rude, they need to work on their pr skills as they are not god and the world does not revolve around them. My son has told me there has been major behavior issues in his class, everyone is punished (no holiday classroom parties) Place is run like a prison. Staff acts like they're entitled to there paycheck and can treat the tax payer like @#$%!

Posted November 02, 2013
I have amazing respect for the work of this school community. They have been nominated as a Reward School for something like 5 years in a row. This means the kids keep doing better on the state test. There is genuine warmth and caring for kids. Their PTA puts on great events too. This is an all around great school!

Posted November 01, 2012
When I go to the school the principal will always say hello and how great it is that I'm there. The teachers are great and the kids all seem to love the school. I do the watchdog program and it is a great way to see what is going on at the school. I think that this is a great school. Grandparent

Sidney Glen Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2011
this school is focused only on meeting test scores, there is nothing else to supplement the traditional elementary school experience. My child was allowed to merely sit in class and stare as he/she was nowhere near grade level. It took years to get any sort of plan together and all that was offered was to move my child to the next grade although we were wanting her to be held back so that he/she would actually learn the material. We had a top notch doc's note saying our child just needed to be taught and not just passed along. The classrooms are filled with kids with behavioral issues that takes up most of the beginning of any class to get them to settle down. The school caters to only the kids in the middle of the spectrum. Kids that are on the low side get nothing they just sit there and kids that are way ahead are left bored and unchallenged. Teachers used to be able to make their own education plans and now they must follow what is set forth for them. SO getting some classwork that your kid can actually do is out of the question. But of course the Principal makes over $112K per year and that goes on and on to the high level of salaries for an underperforming school

Posted January 21, 2011
Great people. The principal (Jason Shdo), and all of my childrens' teachers have been extremely caring and involved. I see them donate lots of their own personal time to family oriented after hours activities. We see them around the community also. Being in a military town, they celebrate Veterans Day and Memorial Day wondefully. Both of my children are excelling and I love being there too.

Posted October 30, 2010
I have been so impressed with the level of excellence at Sidney Glen!!! The principal, Mr. Shdo, shows great leadership and really connects with the students, parents, and faculty. The teachers my children have had so far have been wonderful! My children are above grade level in every area and continue to be challenged. I highly recommend Sidney Glen!!!

Sidney Glen Elementary School
500 SW Birch Rd, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified Sidney Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sidney Glen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top