Bad
Good

The principal is always there to help kids when it's needed, he is very positive and upbeat. The staff has always been great with my kids!!

We absolutely love Sidney Glen. From the truly outstanding principal to the wonderful dedicated teachers to the kind and loving support staff nearly every person in the building is someone I love having my children associate with. We have had nearly all positive experiences at this school and the minor things that come up are always handled promptly and professionally. A GREAT school.

I am a parent who tries to be as involved as I can in my child's learning. In my time volunteering at Sidney Glen Elementary I am amazed at the dedication of the teachers and support staff. They are always kind and nurturing to the students & go above and beyond to make sure the children are thriving in their learning environment. Our children all come from different backgrounds, and in my opinion the teachers and school staff have done an exceptional job in meeting each individual need. If you are a parent who wants to complain, why don't you try volunteering in your child's school and I guarantee you will point your finger less at what the teacher is or isn't doing & pay a little more attention to the amazing job they are doing juggling the individual needs of 25+ students. I believe success begins with what we are teaching them at home and expands with what they learn outside the home. The staff at Sidney Glen truly loves each and every one of our children and in my opinion they are all rock stars doing one of the hardest jobs there are!!! Thank you Sidney Glen for all you do & continue to do for our children!

I was impressed with Sidney Glen as a Guest Teacher. The students made a special effort to open the doors for me. The principal and staff made it a pleasant day. The groups I had were kind and cooperative.

Great all around learning experience for our three children who have attended Sidney Glen over the years. Lots of extra curricular activities like the school play, after school basketball, violin, etc... really focuses on the whole child experience, great school!

Sidney Glen is an exceptional school! The staff is dedicated, and they truly care about their students. My kids have loved every single one of their teachers. The school has won multiple awards because of academic achievement. I am proud to have my kids attend Sidney Glen!

New to Kitsap Co. so this is our first experience in the area. The office staff is rude, they need to work on their pr skills as they are not god and the world does not revolve around them. My son has told me there has been major behavior issues in his class, everyone is punished (no holiday classroom parties) Place is run like a prison. Staff acts like they're entitled to there paycheck and can treat the tax payer like @#$%!

I have amazing respect for the work of this school community. They have been nominated as a Reward School for something like 5 years in a row. This means the kids keep doing better on the state test. There is genuine warmth and caring for kids. Their PTA puts on great events too. This is an all around great school!

When I go to the school the principal will always say hello and how great it is that I'm there. The teachers are great and the kids all seem to love the school. I do the watchdog program and it is a great way to see what is going on at the school. I think that this is a great school. Grandparent

this school is focused only on meeting test scores, there is nothing else to supplement the traditional elementary school experience. My child was allowed to merely sit in class and stare as he/she was nowhere near grade level. It took years to get any sort of plan together and all that was offered was to move my child to the next grade although we were wanting her to be held back so that he/she would actually learn the material. We had a top notch doc's note saying our child just needed to be taught and not just passed along. The classrooms are filled with kids with behavioral issues that takes up most of the beginning of any class to get them to settle down. The school caters to only the kids in the middle of the spectrum. Kids that are on the low side get nothing they just sit there and kids that are way ahead are left bored and unchallenged. Teachers used to be able to make their own education plans and now they must follow what is set forth for them. SO getting some classwork that your kid can actually do is out of the question. But of course the Principal makes over $112K per year and that goes on and on to the high level of salaries for an underperforming school

Last modified Sidney Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.