Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Neutral

Effective school leaders: Neutral

Only met the principle one time an he did not seem to know to much about how to fix the problem I was having.

Develops character: Neutral

My daughter has only be in this program for just about a year so I will wait to hold my judgement on that

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I would say some teachers are better then others but that is going to happen where ever you go for the most part the teachers are good

Amount of homework: Neutral

This is a at home program so as of right now my daughter does not have homework

I moved my daughter to this program in January of 2016 because of the school she was in I did not like the teacher she had and this was the only other option I had. Her first year there she had ms. Barb and she was amazing easy to work with and just so helpful. When I went on to go in to the next year it was so much trouble getting the books because no one had passed her along to the 4th grade even though she had passed all of her classes. With all of the straighten out we were good to start. The only problem I have is that in some areas the teacher says she is not doing as good as she was with every other teacher she has had. Still waiting to see what happens with all of this but for the most part my daughter loves learning again which is amazing she is really far ahead in most subjects and is doing amazing I love this program that we can do it on her own pace

The school is a corrupt place, I'm a year behind in math because my home room teacher swapped my classes for "social purposes". Avoid this school like an outbreak of the bubonic plague. Unless you're friends with or a teacher's kid, you're in for the ride of your life.

This is our families second full year in the program. It is AMAZING to say the least. One child can work at their pace to get caught up, while another can work ahead to stay motivated and challenged. Ms. Barb and Mr. Church are just wonderful. It is nice to see there are options to the traditional classroom that only targets a certain percentage of the kids. I would recommend this program to any child of any age from K - 12 who wants to work at their own level and pace and to be able to actually retain what they learn and not just get passed through the system.

This is our best option for school. I hope they don't cut it from the budget.

I absolutely love this school. It's a parent partnership program with curriculum from K12. I was dissatisfied with how my kids were being taught in their school and decided to move them to this program and take charge. I was working with them a couple hours every evening anyway on homework and supplementation. It just made sense. The quality of their education has improved dramatically, and the staff at Explorer are a delight to work with. I have kids in K, 1, and 4, and I can't recommend this program enough. I'm so happy we have this option available to us.

Last modified Explorer Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-12