Explorer Academy 1

Posted May 08, 2014
The school is a corrupt place, I'm a year behind in math because my home room teacher swapped my classes for "social purposes". Avoid this school like an outbreak of the bubonic plague. Unless you're friends with or a teacher's kid, you're in for the ride of your life.

Posted May 30, 2011
This is our families second full year in the program. It is AMAZING to say the least. One child can work at their pace to get caught up, while another can work ahead to stay motivated and challenged. Ms. Barb and Mr. Church are just wonderful. It is nice to see there are options to the traditional classroom that only targets a certain percentage of the kids. I would recommend this program to any child of any age from K - 12 who wants to work at their own level and pace and to be able to actually retain what they learn and not just get passed through the system.

Posted April 17, 2011
This is our best option for school. I hope they don't cut it from the budget.

Posted March 16, 2010
I absolutely love this school. It's a parent partnership program with curriculum from K12. I was dissatisfied with how my kids were being taught in their school and decided to move them to this program and take charge. I was working with them a couple hours every evening anyway on homework and supplementation. It just made sense. The quality of their education has improved dramatically, and the staff at Explorer are a delight to work with. I have kids in K, 1, and 4, and I can't recommend this program enough. I'm so happy we have this option available to us.

Posted April 28, 2009
after a horrible experience in junior high, my parents and I were expecting high school to be horrible and I was doomed to be a fry cook, but Explorer Academy helped me, and by my junior year, I was already attending college through running start. They are a school of angels. I graduated on time with a year of college credits under my shoulder. Thank you to Christina Kindt, Seenie Brown, Sandy, Tom, Chuck, stephanie, Geri, and Shari.

Posted September 23, 2008
Explorer Academy was paradise. The teachers were nice. The curriculum was homeschool-based, which allowed me to learn at my own pace. The environment around the campus was pleasant and the kids there were never as violent as the public school system. They offer the opportunity to take classes at South Kitsap High School, just in case you want to maintain your social life. Once you are a junior, if you have a transcript worthy enough, the nearby Olympic College might accept your application in a joint effort betwee the schools known as running start. You are allowed to take courses up at the college for free, earning college credit and saving thousands every trimester.

Posted September 14, 2006

Explorer Academy
1962 Hoover Ave SE, Port Orchard, WA  98366
Last modified Explorer Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Explorer Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.