Port Orchard, WA

Posted August 20, 2010
Traditional Montessori environment! My son is going back for his second year in the elementary class. What parents need to know is that the children are allowed to work at their own level,not just "grade" level. So if your child is advanced in some areas, they can push ahead and aren't held back. Very individualized and supported education. Respect and harmony also a focus. Grades 1-6 in one classroom where everyone gets along, helps, mentors and encourages. Group lessons according to ability. These teachers work HARD and love their students. It has really paid off with my sons education! We love this school!

Posted June 06, 2010
Highly recommend this school. Teachers and staff are extremely dedicated and caring. We have two children who are thriving in the Montessori environment and we can see the benefits carry through in all aspects of their life. Thank you to all the staff at Discovery Montessori. Special thanks to Mrs. Nelson and Mrs. Mischel.

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter is in the Kendall Preschool and she loves it and I love it. It's a wonderful school and my daughter has made more progress than I ever could have imagined!! I highly recommend this school.

Discovery Montessori 0

Posted June 26, 2008
As a former parent, I cannot recommend Discovery highly enough! Great academics, caring staff, extras like science and piano (both Suzuki and traditional). Your child will be miles ahead of the local public school kids! Mrs. Nelson, the director, is very dedicated and loving.

Discovery Montessori 0

Posted April 12, 2007
My twins went there for 2 yrs. Since they started late in kindergarten at only 1/2 day, they had to repeat kindergarten again because they were behind. I loved the rich variety of subjects taught. My kinds learned sign language, did skits and were sheltered while attending school there. My only disappointment was that my kids didn't learn to read very well. I suppose if your child can already read well or you start them off with preschool maybe this won't happen. Everything else about the school I loved.

Posted February 20, 2007
Quality learning environment. Our daughter is 3 1/2 and can write short words, including her name as well as phonetically read. Exceptional individual attention at the preschool level.

Posted March 10, 2006
Excellent school! Fantastic teachers, great, individualized learning with a lot of extras. A gem amid a sea bad schools.

Discovery Montessori