Poulsbo Elementary School 5

Posted January 29, 2013
We recently moved from Central Kitsap sd to North Kitsap sd. We have two children, one was identified as gifted through CK testing, and the other has developmental delays. I was very stressed about the ability of Poulsbo Elem. to appropriately meet the needs of both children, but Poulsbo has exceeded my expectations. My oldest daughters teacher is amazing at meeting her needs and challenging her. My youngest daughter is enrolled in Poulsbo's developmental preschool program. She has a great special education teacher, and excellent para-educators working with her. The program has made a huge difference in her speech development in just the past 5 months. The school has excellent communication with families, principal letters go out regularly with updates, as well as monthly email updates and newsletters. The volunteers for this school are amazing...offering their services in extra curricular activities and family nights. So, so happy with Poulsbo Elementary.

Posted November 21, 2012
Our family just moved here and I am extremely happy with the school. My sons teachers are fabulous. I love all the parent involvement.

Posted May 04, 2011
Poulsbo Elementary has gone through a number of changes in the last few years and now we're on a progressive upward path. We have inspired parents, we have some enthusiastic and passionate teachers, and most of all we have an energetic and supportive new principal that has the school at the center of his heart. We may not have a long history of excellence but I see a huge future!

Posted October 21, 2009
Overall, a great school but they need to do a better job accomodating advanced students. (Yes, every parent thinks their kid is 'advanced')

Poulsbo Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2009

Poulsbo Elementary School 0

Posted November 12, 2007
I am very disappointed with [my son's] teacher and also last year's teacher. He is a great and smart kid, but he needs help with focus. His two teachers have not been able to see the good in him or his intelligence. However, his Kindergarten teacher was awesome and she loved him and treated him with the respect he deserved. He blossomed in her class (thanks Mrs. Hawkins!!) My other son is now in Kindergarten with Mrs. Debritz and I think she is great so far as well. I think in general that many teachers in this school do not deal well with kids that are in any way out of the norm. My son thinks out of the box, which can be put to great use! Instead he is treated poorly.

Poulsbo Elementary School 5

Posted November 08, 2007
I am very happy with this school. I feel that the parents are very well informed and this is a family friendly school. Being a Navy family is is very hard to come into a new school and get to know other families since most of the kids have been going to school since Kindergarten. It has been very easy for my son to fit in and the other parents are very friendly and want to get to know you.

Poulsbo Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2007
My daughter attended K and 1st at Poulsbo Elementary and this school was the biggest disappointment out of all the schools my children have attended (we are military). I believe this school teaches to the lower level students giving the middle and higher ones nothing to do. The classes also have too many students and the buses are out of control. On a positive note, if your child has a disability this would be a great school for him or her to attend and there is an excellent art teacher (if that's what important to you).

Poulsbo Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2007
I find this school mediocre at best. I am not sure if my children are learning anything. My children went to school in New York City and Seattle before and this school is way behind. There is a lack of supervision on the playground. They also can't seem to deal with normal childhood behavior. I have spoken to parents who have moved here from other states and also feel if your child isn't very sedate they don't know what to do with them. The exception is Ms. Bagwell who is a wonderful and caring kindergarten teacher who seems to find the wonder in every child. This school is not very diverse and my son has complained of feeling left out because he's half Asian.

Posted September 30, 2006

Poulsbo Elementary School
18531 Noll Rd NE, Poulsbo, WA  98370
Last modified Poulsbo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poulsbo Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top