Poulsbo, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 19, 2014
This year was my daughter's first year at Silverwood and I have to say it has been a fabulous experience. The teachers make your child feel like part of their family, not just a number in a room. The individual attention to their rate of learning and understanding has been unparalleled. I am very happy with my decision to have my child go here.

Posted April 19, 2014
Silverwood is a wonderful school where each child is seen as an individual with individual needs. They are able to differentiate the children from the struggles the children have & help them not only play to their strengths, but face their difficulties head on. This is done in a loving way without fear or judgment. I love the feeling of community and the fun activities they foster.

Posted March 17, 2014
SW Review I ve gone to Silverwood for almost five and a half years, five and a half years where I ve been constantly learning and having a lot of fun. It sounds to me like stereotypically, kids don t like school, but I feel the opposite about Silverwood. Its friendly teachers are people you can rely on for protection and support, and lessons are taught in interactive, easy-to-understand ways. Projects are fun and are full of choices, transforming what may have been a boring thousand- word essay on electrovalence into a colorful poster actually showing electrons orbiting multiple atoms. And I, a student of Silverwood, feel challenged and cherished every day. Five stars!

Posted March 14, 2014
As an Alumni of Silverwood School, I can look back on my experience here and I am thankful that I was able to attend such an amazing school in my elementary years. The teachers at Silverwood are amazing and take time on each student so that they can reach their full potential. Not only do they want us to succeed academically but they want us to want to do our best. Silverwood's teachers are loving, encouraging, and eventually they become like family. I loved this school, because it taught us everything we need to know and more, this school does not do the bare minimum. Silverwood strives to go above and beyond to give children the best educational and fun experience any student would want.

Posted March 14, 2014
I am an alumni and currently in my first year of college. Silverwood definately gave me the knowledge I needed to succeed.I felt very prepared going into middle school and was placed in many honors classes. I believe the smaller class size and individualized attention was key to receiving the wonderful education I got at Silverwood. When I think back to my days at Silverwood, I remember a lot of hands on activities, interesting projects and outdoors learning. The forest surrounding this school allows the students to experience a very unique play ground. I found the transition from a small private school to large public middle school fairly easy and found that in addition to being well prepared academically, I was able to branch out and socialize very easily. I would highly suggest Silverwood School to anyone who wants their children to get a fantasic education with some truly wonderful and passionate teachers.

Posted March 14, 2014
Silverwood school is cool. It is 1st through 6th grade. It has a wide range of subjects from math to art. Children have lots of fun at Silverwood with a 15 acre campus that provies a wonderful outdoor experience. Silverwood has the most wonderful teachers so the students get to have a fun learning experience. Silverwood, where children are challenged and cherished.

Posted March 14, 2014
Since first grade, the year of 2008-2009, I have been going to school at Silverwood. It is a great, caring, beautiful school. The school will challenge and cherish the children. Silverwood has great teachers, who are wonderful. From field trips to the sixth grade trip, all of them are fun. You can really build a strong character at Silverwood, along with many friends. The teachers will support you through everything going on. They're always caring, and they love the children unconditionally. You will find out how things work, and how to solve problems mentally, and in reality. I've had great experiences at SWS. It is an amazing school, that is really hard to leave. Children can really find themselves at SWS.

Posted March 14, 2014
I go to Silverwood School and I love it here because there are so many fun projects. For example, we have a Wax Museum where everybody picks a person, studies them and puts together a big beautiful display and gives a speech about them! Also the feild trips are fun and you learn from them. When we went to Mt St Helens, we were studying volcanoes so we understood it much better. Also the teachers took pictures and after that we made scrapbooks for memories. The teachers make things fun. I love math because it is more than 2+2=? good job. They explain it like 2+2=? well hold up two fingers on one hand and two on the other and then put them together to get four. Also you may think music is just for singing but at Silverwood we learn things like "Good boys deserve fudge" g,b,d,f. At the end of music we get to free dance and Miss Kay makes it very fun. Miss Nancy is very nice and understanding when you get something wrong. She will say, "How about we sit down and work it out together?" Art is also really fun because we get to do projects, paint, make clay pieces, use water colors, markers, colored pencils and chalk. It is fun to let your imagination go wild and free in everything.

Posted March 14, 2014
You should go to Silverwood because they prepare you for what is ahead. The teachers are friendly and smart. The lessons are great too. They are different from the types of lessons you would have at a public school. I would highly recommend going to Silverwood School.

Posted March 14, 2014
Silverwood is amazing. I have been here starting in first grade. In someways it's a normal school, people have friends, they have frenemies, and we have class presidents in fifth and sixth grade. But in ways it's not a normal school. We have awesome over night field trips starting in third grade. The sixth graders get a sixth grade trip, when they go to somewhere far away (this year they're going to Utah) for a week. At silverwood, math is harder than it is in public schools. So when you're in 5th grade here, you would be in public school's 6th grade level of math. We also have alot of projects in 5th and 6th grade. One of the main projects during project season is the wax museum. Kids fromn 3rd grade through 6th grade pick a famous person and do a project on them. The teachers at Silverwood are very nice and make the already awesome school even more awesome!

Silverwood School