PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

We have had an amazing experience with Sunrise! The staff always do what is best for their students. My kids teachers have always done a great job intervening when they needed extra support and pushing them when they needed to be challenged. I can't imagine taking my kids to any other school.

Very displeased with this school over the last 7 years (2kids). Have had awful experiences with one teacher at each grade level (there are 2-3 exceptional teachers) Many teachers (including the music teacher) have no classroom management skills, resorting to yelling and being rude to the children. The "Card Flip" discipline at the higher grade levels is ridiculous. We are on our 4th or 5th principal since 2005, and The communication between principal and parents this year is less than desirable.

sunrise elementary is a great school it's so awesome that I can't quit sunrise .

Sunrise is an amazing school, with great teachers, and the best PTA. GO SUNRISE SUPERSTARS!!

The principal, Ms. Garrison, is awesome! The teachers care about the students--not my experience with Seattle. One of the best schools that I put my child in!

My son began attending Sunrise at the age of 3 and received special services on an IEP. Sunrise went out of the way to help my son. His second grade teacher even requested additional testing for special services (without my prompting) because she was concerned he was not making adequate progress. Thanks to that testing, he began receiving additional services so that he would not continue to fall further behind his peers. Unfortunately, we move about 3 miles away and no longer attend Sunrise. I wish we did because all the staff involved with my three children were sincere and helpful. Bailey Dahms, the OT at Sunrise was truly terrific!

Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.