Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Ridgecrest Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 01, 2015
I went to Ridgecrest and I was horrible at math until I got there and they worked with me and I finally understood math. The teachers here take the time to help and keep it fun in the process.

Posted July 01, 2015
The teachers are wonderful here, they do their job and work with students and make it a fun learning experience to keep the kids engaged! I hope that my children will get to go here just like I did.

Posted December 22, 2014
Moved my children from another south hill school, so glad we did such a better experience. My kids love going to school

Posted December 16, 2014
Love love this school We moved from another school in south hill and we LOVE Ridgecrest! thank you Mrs Jensen and Mrs Mcdonald!!!!

Posted April 28, 2014
This school is outstanding. The staff and teachers show true concern for the students welfare and expand their learning capabilities.

Posted March 02, 2014
It's my sons 4th year and I have nothing bad to say at all I love ridgecrest he will be there till he finishes elementary

Posted December 20, 2013
I have been a teacher at Ridgecrest for 7 years now. Having substituted in the Puyallup School District at all the schools, I have to say that Ridgecrest is one of the most welcoming and caring schools. We are a small school which makes it nice to really get to know our students and families. There isn't a lot of turn-over here, meaning, students who start school in kindergarten are likely to still be here in 6th grade. As far as teachers go, once you get hired at Ridgecrest, you don't want to leave. Most teachers remain here until they retire. We have very good test scores and we make sure that each child gets the instruction that is needed. Students who need extra help with reading and math are provided with daily support. Our PTA puts on wonderful activities such as "Harvest Festival," "Make it/Take It" (Christmas crafts), roller skating parties, BINGO night, movie night, and more! Another reviewer mentioned that there are no field trips. We would love to have field trips, but the district limits this. We used to all be able to go to Karshner Museum, but this is now only being offered to 3rd graders. Come by Ridgecrest and see for yourself. We are a great school! Go Raiders!

Posted October 24, 2013
Wow!!! What a school! We moved from another Puyallup school. We LOVE Ridgecrest. The teachers are AWESOME! The principal is Friendly and aware. I've already seen my kids improve in leaps and bounds compared to their last schools (schools in this district are very different and have their own unique culture.) Every concern I've had with both of my children has been addressed IMMMEDIATELY! I could not ask for a better environment for my kids. Thanks Ridgecrest Raiders!

Ridgecrest Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2013
The teachers here do great work and have helped my children in any area that needs special attention (like my sons speech) and extra help if they are behind in their learning and what they should know. The only downside is both my kindergartener and 1st grader didn't get one field trip during the whole year. (im assuming its the funds not that the school didn't want to) And there was no kindergarten graduation party or ceremony. So like I said the teachers are great! But the school doesn't have the extra fun activities my kids experienced the previous school year in a different district.

Posted October 18, 2011
My granddaughter just started here a couple of weeks ago and just loves the school and her teacher. From the first day, they made her feel welcome. I'm looking forward to attending activities with her in the coming year.

Ridgecrest Elementary School
12616 Shaw Rd East, Puyallup, WA  98374
Last modified Ridgecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.