Bad
Good

Pope is a place like no other, it turely is a no excuses and no student left behind environment

We have been at Pope for 2 years and the teachers, staff and principal are fantastic. We are glad we made the switch from private school!!

As a military family, we have been in 4 different schools in 3 years. The teachers at Pope not only took the time to get to know my child, they went above and beyond at making her feel welcome. They also were wonderful in helping tackle the learning gaps that we have created by moving so often. I can not praise this school enough. The staff, including the principle, are wonderful! PTA, is super friendly. I wish that they did have a little more parent involvement, but I'll take what I can get! We will be so incredibly sad when it's time to move again.

i was a student at pope and i know the budget is going down because of the economy pope is an older school and is really left behind in funds unlike edgerton and Carson which have cafeterias smart boards and a much better play ground where as pope you have to eat at your desk even after you have used glue or markers. there is only 1 smart board in the whole school as the newer schools have one in every room. Track kids did not have a track to run on either. I believe pope has one of the best staff in the whole district but i feel like the pope students and staff deserve better because all of them work together as a team to achieve learning goals. I think that all students should get an equal learning chance at pope as students of newer schools. the staff is truly an amazing group who care about the kids. It's certainly a bummer that popes environment doesn't show it. A solution? Give some of the funds to pope instead of the majority to new schools. Pope has the best teachers a school will ever want but an area that doesn't contribute to achieving the wonderful students potential. thank you

I really appreceiate the leadership at this school. The principal is the most positive upbeat person & a wonderful example to my son of how to respect others. The office staff has always been accomodating, helpful & friendly. My child has been attending Pope for 4 years now & has ADHD. Although I may not always feel my son gets the understanding or help he may need from the teachers, he has loved them all every year. They promote higher education non-stop. This school has improved every years since my son started attending & most recently with the addition of the newest principal. In adition the counselor has been very supportive of all my sons needs & my son loves him. I feel my son is very luckey to be attending Pope.

As a secondary ed teacher in the district, my standards are very high. My daughter has attended Pope for the past two years, and so far, I couldn't be more pleased. The academics are outstanding, the teachers are warm and enthusiastic, and the Principal knows everyone by name. I love the positive, upbeat atmosphere, the awesome office staff, and great parent volunteers. And most importantly, my daughter absolutely loves being a "Pope Thunderbird." It's a fantastic school! :)

The principal and staff have gone above and beyond any expectations in helping my second grader get adjusted to his new school. He has a renewed love of learning.

This has been my first public school experience. It has been nothing but positive. The teachers I have encountered are wonderful and truly care for their students. The principle is good and beloved by the students. Yes the school is overcrowded, but what school now a days is not. I have read the reviews and attended a meeting with the district, where parents were asked what their expectations were from the school. I was surprised that many expressed they wanted their children to graduate and be able to balance a checkbook and be independent etc. Folks, we as parents have responsibility and a crucial role in our childs education. I expect that Pope will teach my son reading, writing, math and science. Its my job to fill in the blanks, make sure he knows how to handle money, use a checkbook, etc. BLUF Pope is a wonderful school

The school is overcrowded and the teacher expectations are very low. Grading flucuates depending on the teacher and I have foundmyself very disappointed since moving to the Pope attendance area. Previously at Sunrise elementary where the teachers seemed more invested in education and children's learning.

POope is a very crowded school. Ask your child how many times they've eaten a wet lunch from having to drag it outside to their portable classroom. No gym unless the teacher signs up. Seems like all my kids do at this school is read - don't get me wrong, that's nice, but what about health? Social studies or science anyone? This is the fourth school my kids have gone to within the US, and by far the worst. I don't think I can even give it a 1 star rating. I regret our move to this school!

Last modified Pope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.