Puyallup, WA

Maple Lawn Elementary School 4

Posted March 04, 2014
Regardless of the rating it is a great school. However I feel there's certain things the staff could work on. Such as calling kids out in class if there's a issue or when there's a bullying issue. I'm sorry personally as a a parent I felt it should have been taken care of right away. Instead of going to the office multiple times. Don't get me wrong we love the principal but the secretaries could watch they're tone. We've unfortunately had some issues through out the year that has caused her to miss school. I feel they could sympathize instead of acting like we love her to miss school. All this is based off of things that have happened to us. At the same time were thankful to still be in the school since we moved out of district lines. So we had to do a waiver. The only reason we didn't move her is cause of her friends, she already knows this school and we do love certain staff members. The PTA is fantastic! Mike the principal now will be dearly missed. Though he's doing what he loves and we commend that.

Posted January 18, 2013
This School has been GREAT for my kids. A year ago we moved from a Spanish-speaking country to Sumner WA and my kids were in K and 1st grade. Teachers were excellent with both, they were able to learn English quickly and do well in all school aspects. The principal is great and motivates kids to be "self managers" "show respect" "make good decisions" and "solve the problem". They recently got a full school renovation and they have all new equipments and kids are extreamly happy.

Posted February 09, 2011
Fabulous teachers and staff, a lot of parent involvement. I have nothing but great things to say about Maple Lawn!! It's been such a positive experience for my kids!

Maple Lawn Elementary School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
I could not more pleased with this school. We were lucky enough to waiver our child into this school from out of district and it has been a great experience both intellectually and socially. One of the 4th grade teachers, Mrs. Robinson is amazing....I cannot say enough about her and the superior job she did.

Maple Lawn Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2009
Great school, but high student to teacher ratio because it is so desirable. You need to decide if you child can thrive in a 1/24 class. I've got one that does great and one that struggles. I think they allow to many transfers. The school and teachers are great, and do their best to compensate.

Posted November 12, 2008
The best school ever! The sense of community and the quality of staff at Maple Lawn make it the best elementary around!

Posted March 26, 2008
This is an awesome school! Very good teachers and the there is so much pride in this school. We just love downtown Sumner and Maple lawn is doing a wonderful job for our childrens education!

Posted February 25, 2006
Three of our children have attended McAlder and we have been very pleased with the results. The staff and teachers are very able and caring providing a safe learning environment. They have given the kids the skills and attention needed to progress to middle school.

Posted September 30, 2004

Posted July 27, 2004
- a former student

Maple Lawn Elementary School
230 Wood Ave, Puyallup, WA  98372
Last modified Maple Lawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Lawn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top