Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son goes to Kindergarten here. It has far exceeded my expectations for a school. I never thought I would feel so safe having my child go here and taken care of. Mrs. Benjamin is excellent. The office staff and PTA go above and far beyond. THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!

My daughter has been attending this school for 3 years. Every year that goes by, it becomes more and more apparent that this school is going downhill. The staff seems disinterested in accommodating the needs of the students, and they are slow to intervene. Today I had a meeting with the principal about enforcing discipline and consequences about my child's negative behaviors and deteriorating grades. I was told that it much can be done and that I need to focus on her positive traits. I even discussed the "no touch" school policy to which the principal replied," unless it's an assault" we don't get involved. Communicating with administration/teachers is a waste of time. I know of many mothers that have removed their children from this school, for the same reasons. Carson is over populated with over 970 students. The students are getting lost in the process. That being said there are some exceptional teachers at this school, but unfortunately the positive are outweighed by the negatives. - A parent looking for answers

We recently moved to the area and enrolled our daughter in a 2nd grade class at Carson. She is so happy with her teacher and with her new school. They find great ways for parent involvement. Fun learning activities, rather than the typical cram style teaching we were used to dealing with. Our daughter is loving her new academic journey and is now eager to learn. The staff has been so friendly and so welcoming to us newcomers. We are more than pleased to have our child attending Emma Carson.

So far we are very impressed with Carson. Both teachers my Daughter has had have been excellent!. Besides that, I volunteer in her class room and get to see first hand why this school excels. The office staff is friendly and caring. They are also very thorough with checking ID's when you pick up your kids. The priciple is very involved and seems to connect with the kids and staff on a personal level. He is often seen walking the school grounds and interacting with the kids. He has a very positive disposition and seems well liked. The PTA is far above standard and should be regonized for their constant involvement in improving the school and the kids experiences.

Ive gone to Carson for 7 years and for the last 2 years there has been a new principal hes great are old principal was not good at all he would just sit in his office and never came out are new principal knows every kids name remembers who says what hes the best principal ever! there is a lot of kids at that school but there's lots of things and clubs to join and do.

I never thought a school could do more damage than good, but I have been enlightened. The new principal is good, but I've never met worse teachers in my life. My son was starting to read when he started Kindergarten at Carson, now, he's in 1st grade at another Puyallup school and I have to do damage control. He's EXACTLY where he was starting kindergarten or farther behind. My daughter's math skills have dwindled to from being above grade level to being below grade level after 2 years at Carson. Her reading is fine, but thankfully, her reading was great before she got there. We have since moved away and the school is 150% of the reason why. We went school shopping when looking for a new home. VERY GLAD I rented a house rather than bought a house in this neighborhood. The new principal (from last year) is making changes, but there's only so much single administrator can do. It's going to be a LONG slow process for him.

My chid plans on attending Carson next year. It seems like a great-looking school, however when i am on the website I notice a lot of pictures of kids - and teachers!- holding up the victory sign backwards. This is perceived as a gang sign and the pictures should not be up for public viewing. Come on, Carson admin! Let's show some respect from our kids and staff!

Carson is a really good school. It does have a large population, but it only serves the Silvercreek neighborhood. My husband and I have four children attending Carson in the grades of K, 1st, 4th and 6th. If your kids live in the boundaries of Carson- your kids walk to school (either by themselves, with parents, or parent volunteers via the walking school bus system) or get dropped off. However if you have a child in Kindergarten- they are given an option to take the bus depending if on AM or PM schedule. AM is offered afternoon drop off via the bus, and PM is offered pickup services. Wed is a short day and 'K' attendance is on an alternating schedule. I volunteer in my kids classroom every week, and the staff/faculty are very caring, dedicated and wonderful. The PTA can always use more participants, but a wonderful choice for a school. Get into this area- you won't be disappointed. Great school, huge park with views of Mt. Rainer, grocery stores and pharmacy within walking distance. This year weekly cooking classes were offered to grades 2-6. My oldest two have been going and LOVE it! There is also Coyote choir, yearly Veterans Day tribute assemblies, and Track for 5-6 grade.

The Vice Principal seems unaware of how thing are run in the school. I never see the Principal nor have had any correspondence with him, even after e-mailing.. Education here is sub-par. For this school being as large as it is, it has very, very little to offer for after school activities and academics.

The school and/or PTA try hard. Movie nights, Restaurant nights, etc. Parking is a bottleneck though. Cross-guards are out there in the mornings almost religiously which is a good thing with soooo many walkers. The Principal Gonzales should be a bit more involved and smile more to the parents. This school has great teachers and is a great place for students. I noticed they have recently setup a surveillance system or it will be going up soon. Sounds safe.

Last modified Emma L Carson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.