Puyallup, WA

Posted August 10, 2014
I was a student on the SEAL, Rainer and Zentih teams and couldn't have asked for a better expirence in jr high. These are supposed to be the best years of your life and they were thanks to the supportive and helpful staff MINUS the TERRIBLE vice principal Jim St George

Glacier View Junior High School 1

Posted July 28, 2013
My daughter did not like going to GV so much that we enrolled her in Ferrucci after three months into her 7th grade year. She remained at Ferrucci and was very happy. My daughter suffered from a documented & chronic medical condition that caused her to be absent on more that a couple occasions. GV was unwilling to work with us or offer any help to keep my daughter from falling behind. I even received a harassing call from a teacher while I was in line at our pharmacy after an ER visit asking me what I intended to do! But when I asked her what her plan was to help my daughter stay on track she didn't have one and said that was not why she called. I reported her to admin & I was told that they ask their teachers to call parents of absent students. That was the first call I had ever received from a teacher or have since. Sorry to be negative but the majority of the students and parents seem to have uppity attitudes and are not that friendly to each other or welcoming. The teachers just didn't seem that experienced or mature. It's a fairly new school w/all the bells & whistles but if the teachers and staff are only mediocre what difference does it make to have all that technology.

Posted April 10, 2012
Glacier View is an excellent school! I have gone here for 3 years and love the learning environment. All the teachers are kind and helpful and push you towards goal attainment. The school is very involved in Spirit Assemblies and events that help students prepare for a better future. I am personally involved in many school activities, including the HEROES Team (Spirit Team). Glacier View is also one of the most technologically advanced schools in the district in terms of what we have available to us. I will miss Glacier View when I move to Emerald Ridge High School next year. Go Avalanche!

Posted June 19, 2009
This has been my first year in junior high, and Glacier View has been so welcoming! They have (mostly) amazing sports teams/records, great teachers and curriculums, the ASB is very involved, and there are many after school activities! Also, the student body is comprised of great kids! They also incorporate school spirit into a lot of things at GV, but thankfully not everything. I would definitely recommend this school to somebody new looking for a school with great academics, sports, and students!

Glacier View Junior High School 4

Posted March 17, 2009
The school just opened this year, My Son loves the school and finds the block schedules are better than the traditional Jr. high scheduling which prepares them for Emerald Ridge High School which is also on block schedules. It's very focused on guiding students through and beyond high school.

Glacier View Junior High School
12807 184th St East, Puyallup, WA  98374
Last modified Glacier View Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glacier View Junior High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top