Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I'm not sure on this. We haven't really dealt with it.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The special needs team has been wonderful. Absolutely great.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The school runs well. I haven't had much contact with the administration but it must be pretty good or the school wouldn't work as well as it does.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has started doing monthly awards for things like responsibility and fairness and such. I feel like they've stepped up on it this year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Awesome teachers! I have never had a complaint from any of my girls about any teacher or staff member which is pretty remarkable.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework slowly ramps up over the years in preparation for middle school. Very good idea.

This school has been so great. The teachers care so much about the students. Ms. R the fifth grade teacher has done a great job preparing her students for middle school. The Sped teachers, office staff, specialists, fourth grade teachers and more have made our journey through the beginnings of special education foray middle daughter so much easier and have been just wonderful with her. When a teacher was tragically lost last year the whole thing was handled with so much care and compassion. We have decided that we won't move until the girls age out of this school. We appreciate them so much.

Develops character: Neutral

I believe they try, but I'm not sure how effective it is if those values are not promoted at home.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child is only in first grade so far, so I'm not sure if this approach is school wide or has just been the preference of the last 2 teachers she has had, but each Friday she is given a homework packet that is due the following Friday. It is an easily manageable amount, and I appreciate the flexibility that having a week to complete it affords our family. I feel it is effective at reviewing and solidifying what she is learning in the classroom (as well as giving us an idea of what she is currently working on), and the week's due date allows a gentle curve for her to learn how to manage her time and complete something by a deadline.

My oldest has attended this school for 2 years. We have been very happy with every member of staff we have come in contact with. The communication has been excellent, and my child is doing well academically. She truly enjoys attending and I feel it is a safe and positive environment. I have no hesitation about enrolling my next child when they reach kindergarten age.

Last modified Frederickson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.