Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I believe they try, but I'm not sure how effective it is if those values are not promoted at home.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child is only in first grade so far, so I'm not sure if this approach is school wide or has just been the preference of the last 2 teachers she has had, but each Friday she is given a homework packet that is due the following Friday. It is an easily manageable amount, and I appreciate the flexibility that having a week to complete it affords our family. I feel it is effective at reviewing and solidifying what she is learning in the classroom (as well as giving us an idea of what she is currently working on), and the week's due date allows a gentle curve for her to learn how to manage her time and complete something by a deadline.

My oldest has attended this school for 2 years. We have been very happy with every member of staff we have come in contact with. The communication has been excellent, and my child is doing well academically. She truly enjoys attending and I feel it is a safe and positive environment. I have no hesitation about enrolling my next child when they reach kindergarten age.

My two kids have attended this school for the past two years and we have been very impressed with the professionalism of their teachers!! My spouse and I have both volunteered in the classroom and have been very happy with the teachers, staff and school facilities. They have a strong PTA that puts on various family activities throughout the year as an added bonus.

This is a great school! I am active in PTA and as a volunteer at the school. The staff is top-notch and my child is thriving. I am so happy to have my child at Frederickson.

The school is brand new (2 yrs), but being brand new I expected a lot more. The school building itself, offices, library, and classrooms are beautiful, clean, bright, and state of the art. However most of the office staff, and teachers I had contact with left a lot to be desired. My child was brand new to the school last year and had a very disappointing experience. I know we couldn't have been the only new family to the school but found the communication and organization relating to not only the day to day classroom activities but also the scheduled "events" to be terribly lacking. My child had a substitute teacher what seemed like once a week without any explanation as to why, and when the regular teacher was in class it was obvious it was only for the paycheck. Coming from another scool and district the academics seemed to be somewhat lacking as well. Hoping that the next school year will be better with a new teacher, if not I will be moving my child.

This is a new school (only two years old), but we have been impressed with the level of organization and professionalism among the staff. Our kindergartner loves her teacher, and we feel she is getting a good education there.

Last modified Frederickson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.