Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 31, 2016
The staff plays favorites. They want the kids to be robots. They are not robots. They are kids with lots of different personalities. I am not impressed at all.

White Pass Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2016
They don't really care about the kids there. Some of the teachers are cold and unfriendly. I have had issues more than once with my son's 2nd grade teacher. She likes to pick on certain students. My son being one of them. He can't breath wrong without her getting him into trouble. I really hate that we have no other school here. The test scores are low. And that is because of the lack of attention the teachers give the students. They hand out work and expect the kids to just do it. So many kids at this school struggle with reading and spelling. Lots of parents I've talked to feel the same way I do.

Grateful to: Student

Posted May 31, 2016
I would like to say thank you to my child and all the other children for putting up with that school. I would also like to say I am sorry they have to put up with that school.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 31, 2016
They get homework. Sometimes the math (common core) is too much for my son. Things his grade isn't ready for. The spelling words are big words that I think 3rd graders would do better. The only study time for spelling is at home. So most spelling tests are failed due to parents working and truthfully some parents in this town don't care enough to help their kids. We study everyday after school and he still has trouble.

Posted May 13, 2016
Great school! Always works with me to do what's best for my child. All of us parents work together to help out where we can. Great community!

Posted November 23, 2014
It is a shame that the kids in this district have to attend such a poorly rated school. My family planned to move to the area, then checked out the school. We were very disappointed to see the consistently low test scores across every subject. Most of the parents of students in White Pass Elementary , I have asked about the school , have had negative things to say and would not recommend it for our elementary school student. We have decided not to move into the area because we want our child to have a great education and its not offered in White Pass district.

White Pass Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2013
The parent involvement was outstanding this year, tons of volunteers on field trips, on the playground, and helping out the teachers with making copies, working on fundraisers, PTO meetings have a great group of those teachers and Parents coming. The curriculum was not being taught to all the students, send it home if undone at school, if a child doesn't participate in P.E. at school please assign exercises they can do at home to make up the grade. Don't fail our children because you can't get them to learn at your school, Give our children the chance to show you they can do the tasks on their terms not just yours. I know there are some new faces this year in the staff but please don't make this a rookie mistake not keeping communication and parent involvement open, this is a public school open to public involvement to better our children's education, use us parents as much as you can we want to see our children succeed.

White Pass Elementary School 1

Posted November 20, 2011
I moved here from a much larger area. This school is a joke, and not even a funny one. The staff is incredibly unprofessional, and the curriculum is 2 years behind national standards. The teachers have called my children insulting names, sent them home on the wrong bus, and cancelled conferences without notice. We also got zero help from them regarding a 14 year old bullying my 9 year old. I am removing my children from the school in favor of home based instruction.

Posted October 02, 2008
We may havae a small school, but it is a great school. The school encourages parents to be involved in the education of their children. We have a great after school program for our kids to attend which benefits both kids and parents. My children love their school.

Posted October 04, 2007
This school has been a wonderful experience for my child and with the after schhol program it helps parent out with our childrens needs for supervision, help with home work and activities to keep them off the street and out of trouble. Thank you for providing us with the needed help to keep our children safe and under the watchful eye of adults. I would like to see more parents involved in their children's education and show more concern for the schools wonderful efforts in the way the teachers try to reach out to the children and show more support for these efforts.

127 Kindle Rd, Randle, WA  98377
Last modified White Pass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.