Raymond, WA

Willapa Valley Junior Senior High School 1

Posted September 19, 2007
I'm not a parent, I'm a former student at this school. BTW, extracurricular--lots of sports, nothing else as far as I remember. (The one art class, we had to pay to take) It's okay as far as teaching you goes, although I do remember the computer lab being dark, and the typing assignments being ineffective (I learned how to type from doing it for fun).

Posted September 19, 2006
The curriculum may seem a bit tight due to the lack of staff members, which comes with a small school. Even though the number of classes offered are small, there are many reasons why Willapa Valley is a great place for children. I am in college now and what surprised me the most once I arrived here was the fact that I had more friends in my small graduation class of 38 students then many people from classes up to 500 students. I any parent wants to get involved it is very possible. A smaller amount of parents yeilds larger opportunities for individual parents to speak with staff concerning their child. The teaching staff is exceptional in that they provide a great atmosphere for the students and each teacher is thouroughly knowledgable in his/her field(s).

Willapa Valley Junior Senior High School 2

Posted May 03, 2004
My spouse and I as well as our children graduated from Valley. Like most small schools, academic choices are very limited. Some staff members try very hard with the meager resources available, others just put in their time. Also, like most schools, some staff are actually counterproductive in the way they stigmatize and catagorize children. If students are not from one of the old time families in the Valley, they can find the school a very very mean, tough, depressing place to have to spend high school. If they are athletic however, not only will the administration afford some help against the harrassment, they will recieve every break and opportunity the tiny school can afford.

Posted April 09, 2004
Two of my children attended Valley. They felt very well-prepared for college, with especially strong technology skills and research skills. The small sized school allows for plenty of opportunities for students to be involved in sports, clubs, and student government. Valley has a knowledgeable, caring staff and kids get plenty of opportunities for one-on-one help. The Senior research project was challenging, but a great experience. However, high school facilities are old, date back to 1937; they need replacing. Check out Valley's great website: www.willapa.wednet.edu.

Posted April 08, 2004
My son and daughter both attended Willapa Valley elementary, junior and senior high and graduated. They both did very well academically in a Pac-10 Washington School and in a private university. They also learned a lot of self confidence while they attended Willapa Valley. Their overall experience at Willapa Valley was tremendous. Their teachers were good and caring.

Willapa Valley Junior Senior High School 1

Posted September 13, 2003
Was a student here and the harrasment was terrible. I have been to different school districts and this was the worst.

Willapa Valley Junior Senior High School
22 Viking Way, Raymond, WA  98577
(360) 942-2006
Last modified Willapa Valley Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willapa Valley Junior Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top