Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Let me start by saying the neighborhood parents and community are good! The PTA is wonderful. Parents are very involved with every activity. The reason I rated Bad, I have been a parent at this school for years, the newest principal doesn't do much about bulling or helping kids feel like they can tell him if there is a problem. I know in every school there are such a diversity in teachers at this school it seems there isn't much of a closeness in the teachers and principal. My daughter has done pretty good at this school however she doesn't feel she can voice a problem. Favoring certain kids is popular in this school, maybe because it's a small school I am not sure. There are some nice teachers in this school I must say.

Excellent elementary school, smaller in size than others in the area. Wonderful teachers, active PTA, and strong community involvement. Music and science programs have been especially good all through the years that our child attended. There is an onsite after school care program run by the YMCA (we found the after school care provided at the YMCA was not consistently good over the years, but it is run independently from the school). WA state MSP scores have been good to excellent. Highly recommend Sunrise elementary.

Sunrise is an excellent school with a strong, cohesive community supporting it. My kids' teachers have been wonderful in engaging their desire to learn and grow. The library is fantastic, as is the science program and music program. I am really pleased with this school and neighborhood.

Teachers make all the difference! We relocated to the area and looked at a lot of schools to find ones with good ratings and also had onsite after school care. We've been very happy with Sunrise. The school could do with more funding compared to the school district we came from, but that goes for all public schools in the area. The PTA is very active and does a lot of good work to make up for it. The teachers our daughter has had so far have been excellent. She loves going to school here.

This school is horrible! The principal and teachers have very negative attitudes(you can tell they hate their job). It's a bad environment for any child to learn in. The only good teachers I've seen at this school are the P.E. teachers and the music teacher. The only reason the students at this school tend to perform well on standardized tests are due to the high level of parental involvement. I would not recommend this school to anyone!

My kids love the school. Staffs are great and know their kids very well. PTA is very active. I think that the school buildings need to be bit more updated.

Wonderful staff and exceptional parent involvement. The PTA goes above and beyond to supplement programs and keeps the school a close community through activities all year long. I'm so proud to have my children attend this school. I know they are getting a great education with their approach to current curriculum. Sometimes we forget it is a public school, with all the parent volunteers, etc.. The low teacher: student ratio is always a top priority as well.

This school is useless for special education students. If you have a special needs child run in the opposite direction. Principal is uninformed and likes it that way.

This is a great school, with great kids and involved parents.

This is a good community school with actively involved parents and PTA. PE, Music and Science instruction are great, as is the library program. There's also an excellent before and after school care program onsite through the YMCA. Leadership from the principal's office is lacking. Curriculum could be more rigorous and communication between teachers and parents could be better. Some of the teachers are excellent, the rest are unfortunately not. Due to budget cuts, the nurse and counselor are only part time.

Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6