School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My name is Barbara Deming and I have been serving as the Principal at Faith Lutheran School since the 2006-2007 school year. I want to thank you for your interest in Faith Lutheran School! We are glad to know you are dedicated parents who are thorough in conducting research to find the best fit for your child s education. At Faith the individual students needs come first, and we want each child to be successful and know they are valued. Our programs continue to evolve, affording the best opportunities to provide quality education to meet the needs of the whole child; academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. Therefore, we are so pleased to receive your feedback as we thoughtfully consider our curriculum starting with Toddler Two s up through our elementary grades. Over the past five years our programs have been enriched in a variety of ways. For example we have added a community oriented PE program. By utilizing the skills of local community health and fitness experts, we are able to provide a program that teaches children how to utilize resources in their community to maintain a healthy lifestyle. At Faith our traditional curriculum and instructional strategies provide academic development through individualized instruction. Teachers use multiple strategies to assess and gather information regarding student learning, which in turn drives daily instruction. We teach and support basic Christian virtues that reinforce the development of integrity. Our staff established high standards for behavior and teach problem solving strategies. Our students are engaged in hands-on community service projects to model compassion for our neighbors. Our parents are actively involved in the partnership of educating their children. We are thrilled to offer a welcoming, friendly, and family oriented school community, and we welcome you to come and visit to see for yourself!
February 04, 2011

Posted May 13, 2015
Both my children have gone to Faith Lutheran School in Redmond and I can't say enough positive things about it. If you are looking for small class sizes, warm environment, where kids are encouraged to succeed . Where they get to work ahead and not be held back by the "grade that they are in" This is the school for you. It is a "family" school meaning you will feel like family. They staff stays on top of new curriculum and is always willing to listen. Anytime that I have needed to talk to a teacher I just send an email and it always has been answered right away. I love the communication and that I can go into the classroom and help out. LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted December 04, 2013
Faith Lutheran School is a hidden gem on the east side. This is my daughter's second year attending the elementary school and we couldn't be happier. She is receiving a quality education. The smaller class sizes mean that she is being taught at her ability level - rather than at her specific grade level. More than that, she is receiving an incredible character education. Weekly chapel is the highlight of her week. The students are amazingly supportive of each other. As a parent, I have found the staff and administration very responsive and proactive in terms of communication. The music program is amazing, the Japanese teacher is great, and the PE options are interesting and fun. I couldn't recommend FLS enough.

Posted September 18, 2013
Faith Lutheran Elementary in Redmond WA is a small school that provides quality individualized instruction. Teachers work towards students success in a very caring environment. Even though it s private, I like the fact that it s a humble atmosphere: students are taught to care for others and respect all cultures, backgrounds, etc. We are very pleased with the progress our youngest son has made academically after he joined Faith Lutheran. He s always happy about going to school and even about doing homework! At Faith he has found the joy of learning.

Posted September 17, 2013
I have all four of my children enrolled at Faith Lutheran School of Redmond. I love having one drop off and pick up time. One of the reasons we chose Faith as our children's school is that not only do they have an amazing academic program with students testing scores much higher than the national average they teach virtues and I honestly feel it is something the public school system is lacking. I feel like my kids are better well rounded human beings because of the skills and virtues of kindness, self-control, love, kindness, patience etc. I highly recommend Faith Lutheran.

Posted September 17, 2013
Faith Lutheran School in Redmond is a superb school to take your children. Their academic program is stellar which their test scores prove. Being a smaller school they offer the opportunity to provide advanced education for children who are more advanced and can also take the time to help children who need more time to learn subjects. They also spend time teaching moral and social skills.

Posted September 09, 2013
We started at Faith Lutheran Redmond for preschool and were so impressed that, despite plans to change to public school in kindergarten, we have stayed. The small class sizes, the amazing teachers and the incredible sense of community that Faith Lutheran offers have been so valuable to our children's learning. They are excited to go to school everyday and have excelled academically. Their unique emphasis on virtues has supported our goal of raising children who will love and participate in their community.

Posted September 06, 2013
Faith Lutheran School in Redmond has been nothing but exceptional since my children started in the preschool program four years ago. We are constantly impressed with the entire staff, the quality of teaching and the education that our children are receiving. The staff at Faith Lutheran treats every child like their own with high quality instruction and support that is tailored to each child. The staff doesn't just focus on their own class they know all of the students from preschool children up through 4th grade. We have two kids attending Faith Lutheran and can't wait for our third child to join the Faith Lutheran family in a few years.

Posted September 05, 2013
The only thing left to be desired at Faith Lutheran is updated facilities, and this will be happening soon. Faith meets all the requirements for education of the whole child. If you are looking for a school you can entrust your beloved to where their educational and emotional needs will be met, and you can be sure they will learn the important skills they need to be successful in life, then send them to Faith Lutheran School in Redmond! I predict the student population will increase rapidly so get them enrolled now so they can grow with the school and benefit from small, mixed age classrooms.

Posted September 04, 2013
This is our fourth year at Faith Lutheran! Our family never planned on our Kindergartner attending a private school. We are so happy we made this choice. Our child LOVES her school and teachers. Faith is a family, we really are. The best decision we ever made for our daughter was to walk through those doors. The level of attention and commitment to my daughter at Faith is unmeasurable. The kids have fun learning, this school is a joy.

Posted September 04, 2013
This is our fourth year as a Faith family, and I couldn't have asked for a better place for my children to learn. The early education curriculum/teachers is hands down one of the best on the eastside. My daughter went through their kprep program last year and is now breezing through kindergarten material at her new school. The environment is loving, nurturing and academically challenging which produces well rounded children in our community. We love FLS!

Faith Lutheran School