Redmond, WA
After care: No

Posted October 09, 2014
This school is very special. They are in process of building a separate campus for the high school students which is very exciting. We've been amazed at the caliber of teachers here at the school and how much they care for our children. Not only academically but socially, emotionally and spiritually. We found the administration and teachers to be highly receptive to feedback about our children and willing to partner with parents to make sure the children's needs are being addressed. No wonder it's #1 rated!

Posted July 30, 2014
Horrible, they wouldn't let me advance in my studies, even though I could do the work well and got A's on my tests, I was even on the honor roll. They also wouldn't stop any of the kids from bullying my brother (physically), since the kids were rich (we weren't) and were also donating to the school, which is why we left, since my family didn't want the bullying to escalate like when I was in first grade there. When we brought these issues up to the principle, she did nothing! When we brought it up with the head of school and the teacher, they did nothing! Actually, when we brought some of the issues to the head of school he yelled at us! So with these issues and responses I wondered, why are we paying 15k for this? This isn't even a Christian school any more.

Posted July 14, 2014
My wife and I have had all of our children graduate from the program at Bear Creek after going all the way from K through 12. All graduated with honors (as does about half of each class with a 3.5 or better ) and are attending very competitive universities around the country. It's a small school so while it does not offer the breadth found in large public institutions it delivers excellence in its chosen areas of academics, sports and the arts as evidenced by the breadth and strength of the Universities its students attend and the consistent success at state level competition in both sports and the arts. Our students have been well prepared and continue to demonstrate success at the college level. It's important that parents understand that choosing an independent school does not guarantee a trouble free journey from childhood to graduation but it's hard to imagine having made a better choice for our students.

Posted February 10, 2014
SO disappointed..... Started off the school year with our daughter getting bullied for about three weeks before they got caught by a teachers aid. The students had to apologize via note. Total lack of supervision in all areas of the school. Basically a bunch of children of entitlement acting as such. No teaching of life skills or what it means to be a good student. Young teachers in disparate need of mentors. The school looks great on paper and it is a beautiful building too bad they don't spend as much time on curriculum and student development as they do on the facility.

Posted January 23, 2014
Now that I am in college, I have realized that I am at a disadvantage compared to peers that went to the public schools in my area. They had significantly more class choices and are overall much better prepared for life after highschool. Even while at Bear Creek I was dissatisfied with my education and the atmosphere. Many of the teachers are not providing students with the tools they need to succeed and problems of bullying and depression are shockingly prevalent. The education I received was not worth the very high tuition and if I had the chance to redo my highschool experience I would have taken advantage of the highly ranked public schools in the area.

Posted October 17, 2013
EXCELLENT VISION AND PHILOSOPHY! Head of school very genuine and clear. Teachers AMAZING!!! My children are thriving and very challenged academically here. They tailor their reading and math program to where the kids are at. There are amazingly very bright gifted children here yet there is something for every child. Sports, music, arts, drama....each child is unique in their gifts and talents and love that Bear Creek offers something for each child. They are eager to recognize children's gifting as early as preschool in a very nurturing environment. ALL the teachers are taught to work with different learning styles and different abilities within the classroom. Having volunteered since preschool I've seen it in action and it's really WONDERFUL! Was at another "prestigious" school and when my kids were reading at 3 years old they said to us "we expect them to teach the other kids and read to them" Should have been a red flag right then as we see now children's minds are eager and ready to take on challenges if they are ready! Wished we knew of Bear Creek then and they had been under the guidance of great wise teachers at Bear Creek. The teachers go above and beyond for the children!!

Posted June 06, 2013
While I was educated in the public school system and felt somewhat indifferent as to public vs. private, I cannot begin to explain how glad I am that my son is at Bear Creek. He is now completing 1st grade and comes home every day excited about school. I can assure you this is partly because he is an energetic 7 year old but is is also because of the incredible environment (both qualitative and quantative) he is exposed to. The administrators truly have this process figured out and it is evident in the special events, performances, and organization of the day to day activities. Never have I been to a school special event or performance that is as well thought out and put together as they are at Bear Creek. The teachers; these people have personalities and truly care. Their interest in my child, his success, and development is very apparent and is shared by every instructor I have interacted with (not just those who have my son in their class). Bottom line: there may be other schools that do as good of a job, but I am extremely pleased and most importantly...my son LOVES it. You absolutely must make it a consideration.

Posted June 04, 2013
Before landing at the Bear Creek School, we tried both Bellevue public schools & classical Christian home schooling. Both were good in their own ways. However, we have found our school home starting in 5th and 6th grades at Bear Creek! Both our kids say they wished they had started in kindergarten! They each had fabulous teachers who connected with, nurtured, and challenged them exactly the way they each needed. We have seen amazing personal growth and learning. Quote from my child: "I didn't know teachers could care so much!". The academic bar is high, but the teachers bring out the best work and gifts in each child as they model the love of Christ to each one! It's well worth the drive & is an invaluable and eternal return on your money.

Posted February 01, 2013
While we are relative newcomers to The Bear Creek School, both my husband and I are extremely pleased with the caring environment and the standards of academic excellence. Upper School teachers inspire and challenge. We are so pleased in fact, we are now enrolling our younger son. I would highly recommend this school.

The Bear Creek School 3

Posted May 27, 2012
Wrong assumptions, 9/2/10. High performing talented students with kind caring dispositions and their families can and do experience the negative issues described in many of these reviews. There's many good families and staff with integrity and commitment to Jesus Christ, but also everyone else in between. Christian schools certainly should strive to put the kingdom of God first and truly prioritize Gods agenda through the infrastructure to build up relationships and build up the children in the process of educating them. A genuine community in the name of Christ should be undergirding academic and athletic achievement. The priority of God's purpose for the school should not be eclipsed by what is temporary success as much as we do want to support our children to grow, do, and serve well. May it not be at the expense of genuine Christianity and the eternal perspective. We're missing out on true excellence.

The Bear Creek School
8905 208th Ave NE, Redmond, WA  98053
Last modified The Bear Creek School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Bear Creek School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top