Redmond, WA

Posted February 26, 2015
We appreciate that the education our daughter receives at The Bear Creek School is one where the teachers can teach the whole child... mind and spirit. We love that all subjects are taught through the lens of a Creator which is consistent with what we teach at home.

Posted February 12, 2015
Bear Creek is a special place- not only for our children, but also for our entire family. It is a place where we are all personally known and loved by teachers, administrators, staff and other families. One of the things that impresses me most (besides the amazing academics and faith-based character development) is the school's desire to continually improve. Parent feedback is always welcome and often incorporated as the school continues to grow and stretch to the next level of excellence. The school takes seriously its partnership with parents in raising up our kids!

Posted February 06, 2015
While attaining academic excellence is a given, it's the entire community that truly makes a difference. Our teachers and staff love our students and challenge them to achieve all that they can, both academically and personally; small class sizes make that possible. School friends and families share in one another s joys and sorrows, and God s love provides the cornerstone of it all. Students are well-prepared for further study and are making positive contributions after graduation. Delighted!

Posted January 07, 2015
Bear Creek is an exceptional school. We have one child in 3rd grade and the other in 2nd grade. They have both attended since Pre-K. We love this school - the administration, staff, teachers, students and parents share a unique and special community. The teachers are nurturing and genuinely care about the students. The school is highly academic and challenging. We continue to be impressed with the school on all aspects. Our kids are happy and love to learn.

Posted October 09, 2014
This school is very special. They are in process of building a separate campus for the high school students which is very exciting. We've been amazed at the caliber of teachers here at the school and how much they care for our children. Not only academically but socially, emotionally and spiritually. We found the administration and teachers to be highly receptive to feedback about our children and willing to partner with parents to make sure the children's needs are being addressed. No wonder it's #1 rated!

Posted July 30, 2014
Horrible, they wouldn't let me advance in my studies, even though I could do the work well and got A's on my tests, I was even on the honor roll. They also wouldn't stop any of the kids from bullying my brother (physically), since the kids were rich (we weren't) and were also donating to the school, which is why we left, since my family didn't want the bullying to escalate like when I was in first grade there. When we brought these issues up to the principle, she did nothing! When we brought it up with the head of school and the teacher, they did nothing! Actually, when we brought some of the issues to the head of school he yelled at us! So with these issues and responses I wondered, why are we paying 15k for this? This isn't even a Christian school any more.

Posted July 14, 2014
My wife and I have had all of our children graduate from the program at Bear Creek after going all the way from K through 12. All graduated with honors (as does about half of each class with a 3.5 or better ) and are attending very competitive universities around the country. It's a small school so while it does not offer the breadth found in large public institutions it delivers excellence in its chosen areas of academics, sports and the arts as evidenced by the breadth and strength of the Universities its students attend and the consistent success at state level competition in both sports and the arts. Our students have been well prepared and continue to demonstrate success at the college level. It's important that parents understand that choosing an independent school does not guarantee a trouble free journey from childhood to graduation but it's hard to imagine having made a better choice for our students.

Posted February 10, 2014
SO disappointed..... Started off the school year with our daughter getting bullied for about three weeks before they got caught by a teachers aid. The students had to apologize via note. Total lack of supervision in all areas of the school. Basically a bunch of children of entitlement acting as such. No teaching of life skills or what it means to be a good student. Young teachers in disparate need of mentors. The school looks great on paper and it is a beautiful building too bad they don't spend as much time on curriculum and student development as they do on the facility.

Posted January 23, 2014
Now that I am in college, I have realized that I am at a disadvantage compared to peers that went to the public schools in my area. They had significantly more class choices and are overall much better prepared for life after highschool. Even while at Bear Creek I was dissatisfied with my education and the atmosphere. Many of the teachers are not providing students with the tools they need to succeed and problems of bullying and depression are shockingly prevalent. The education I received was not worth the very high tuition and if I had the chance to redo my highschool experience I would have taken advantage of the highly ranked public schools in the area.

Posted October 17, 2013
EXCELLENT VISION AND PHILOSOPHY! Head of school very genuine and clear. Teachers AMAZING!!! My children are thriving and very challenged academically here. They tailor their reading and math program to where the kids are at. There are amazingly very bright gifted children here yet there is something for every child. Sports, music, arts, drama....each child is unique in their gifts and talents and love that Bear Creek offers something for each child. They are eager to recognize children's gifting as early as preschool in a very nurturing environment. ALL the teachers are taught to work with different learning styles and different abilities within the classroom. Having volunteered since preschool I've seen it in action and it's really WONDERFUL! Was at another "prestigious" school and when my kids were reading at 3 years old they said to us "we expect them to teach the other kids and read to them" Should have been a red flag right then as we see now children's minds are eager and ready to take on challenges if they are ready! Wished we knew of Bear Creek then and they had been under the guidance of great wise teachers at Bear Creek. The teachers go above and beyond for the children!!

The Bear Creek School
8905 208th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA  98053
Last modified The Bear Creek School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Bear Creek School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top