No rating

Medina Academy

Private | PK-6 | 172 students

Posted October 15, 2014

Different rules between English teachers and Arabic teachers made kids very confusing, Arabic teachers and assistant teachers had favoritism on kids, even principal did not give fair treatment on the kids, example : 2 kids were playing on lesson time at their desk while principal was observing in the classroom and he did not talk with both kids, he chose one kid to give a lecture instead of both kids. Terrible management, disorganized and teachers are not getting along each other instead of helping each other or team work. Teachers were criticizing each other, so sad to see that. Now I hired the Arabic teacher at home to teach my kids and put them in public school, they were very happy and they could tell the different between medina and public school because they got to go to advanced class in public school which Medina did not have that option. Arabic teachers, Assistant teachers made kids to become low self esteemed and I am so glad that my children were out of this school and I saved money and not wasted at this school.

Posted November 6, 2013

at the very least this school teaches Islamic studies along with the regular subjects. School staff is disorganized. No active communication b/w parents and teachers

Posted September 10, 2013

Medina Academy is one of the best schools I have ever experienced for my child. My daughter is going there and I wish they had enough room to accommodate my son as well. May Allah give all of the staff at MA more strength and patience to succeed further in serving the Muslim kids.

Posted March 17, 2013

This so called Islamic school kicked out my child because he is mildly autistic. They also allowed parents to ridicule a child with undiagnosed aspergers. My son was denied an Islamic education, and lost his friends (and friends are hard to come by for those on the spectrum). I offered to pay for an aide, work for them for free, or to "school him myself" in the hallway with a desk so that he could remain in the Islamic school and play with his friends at recess. They also denied him this. My son today prays every prayer, urges me to be kind, helps others, and has memorized several Suras IN SPITE of being deemed unworthy of an Islamic education. The children in the school also lost the opportunity to learn about differences, develop compassion, and understand that Allah/God created us all, even those people deem "not perfect". I pray that the school has changed. My son will live with the scars from Medina for the rest of his life.

Posted June 13, 2012

What a blessing this school is dedicated teachers sound morals it is a gift from God 3 kids attending ( 1st began in 2003)

Posted April 13, 2012

Great school and WONDERFUL staff. My sn loves waking up and seeing ALL the staff at Medina. He is excited everyday to school. I did the best decision and enrolling him in Medina preschool. He has memorized Quran surah's, dua'as, and songs thst I couldn't teach him. Totally recmmend Medina!

Posted May 12, 2011

my kids love going to Medina Academy the teachers are so great and they learning very fast make a big difference

Posted September 3, 2010

My daughter has gone to Medina Academy for three years PreSchool,Pre-K and Kindergarten. The academic level of this school has proven to be excellent so far. The WASL scores on the website www.medinaacademy.org give an idea about the academic standing of the students. In most areas they exceed state standards. Kids get to learn Arabic and class rooms are multicultural. Most parents who pull their kids out opt for free public schools since it can get expensive when there are more than 2 kids attending private school.

Posted March 15, 2010

Fantastic school. My son loves going to Medina academy, he looks forward to it each and everyday. The teachers are wonderful, caring and attentive. They develop really strong relationship with the children and makes such a big difference. The Islamic and Arabic knowledge is heart warming, the school is doing exactly what it says it will and more. I wish it went beyond the 6th grade though, or else, I would've kept my son enrolled till he graduated from high school

Posted March 12, 2010

My daughter went to medina academy last year and we're very impressed. She learned sooo much in a short time. The teachers are great and the environment is wonderfully Islamic. May allah continue your success.

Posted November 4, 2009

My son was in a private preshool and was playing all the time, when he moved to MA he can write,read,and even do homework without any help. I'm so proud of him.

Posted December 18, 2008

Our experience at Medina Academy has been very positive. Against all the odds the school is growing and severing the needs of our community. My daughter is doing very well and I will definitely enroll my other Kids to Medina Academy. Keep up the good work Medina Academy. MRA

Posted November 26, 2008

Very nice environment. Caring staff. Solid curriculum. My son went to Medina Academy for several years prior to going to public schools. Medina Academy prepared him very well for Junior High academically, socially and emotionally.

Posted October 13, 2008

This was a Muslim based private school on the Eastside of Washington State. Their is about 70 kids in the K-6 part of the school. What I noticed is enrolled children came MAINLY because of the religion basis but many were disappointed in the lack of organization, application to Islam in their daily lessons and the lack of response to families concerns as time went on.... When comparing this school to other schools both public and private in the sorrounding area many families moved on last year~

Posted April 3, 2007

There is a lack of organization in everything. There are no innovation in class methods, there is lack of physical spaces, the children materials are a mess.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 78% 7%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 2682