Redmond, WA

Posted December 15, 2014
I am very pleased with Medina Academy. It is like family. Both of my boys attend Medina and it is hassle taking them home. They never want to leave. My son is above in academics. Caring and loving teachers that teach the children as their own. It will be hard to remove them from Medina Academy when it is their time to leave to public schools. Inshallah, Medina Academy will be blessed to open a high school.

Posted December 15, 2014
Over the past few years Medina Academy has provided my child with a safe, clean and nurturing environment. My child is the youngest among his peers in class and is achieving above his grade level. My child's teacher really encourages him to always put his forth effort in reading, and math and provides rewards for hard work, he received two certificates in one week for reaching his goals. He has made lots of friends and has great positive role-models from the teachers and the administration. My child also enjoys the monthly fun PTO activities. We will definitely miss this school if we have to re-locate.

Medina Academy 1

Posted October 15, 2014
Different rules between English teachers and Arabic teachers made kids very confusing, Arabic teachers and assistant teachers had favoritism on kids, even principal did not give fair treatment on the kids, example : 2 kids were playing on lesson time at their desk while principal was observing in the classroom and he did not talk with both kids, he chose one kid to give a lecture instead of both kids. Terrible management, disorganized and teachers are not getting along each other instead of helping each other or team work. Teachers were criticizing each other, so sad to see that. Now I hired the Arabic teacher at home to teach my kids and put them in public school, they were very happy and they could tell the different between medina and public school because they got to go to advanced class in public school which Medina did not have that option. Arabic teachers, Assistant teachers made kids to become low self esteemed and I am so glad that my children were out of this school and I saved money and not wasted at this school.

Medina Academy 2

Posted November 06, 2013
at the very least this school teaches Islamic studies along with the regular subjects. School staff is disorganized. No active communication b/w parents and teachers

Posted September 10, 2013
Medina Academy is one of the best schools I have ever experienced for my child. My daughter is going there and I wish they had enough room to accommodate my son as well. May Allah give all of the staff at MA more strength and patience to succeed further in serving the Muslim kids.

Medina Academy 1

Posted March 17, 2013
This so called Islamic school kicked out my child because he is mildly autistic. They also allowed parents to ridicule a child with undiagnosed aspergers. My son was denied an Islamic education, and lost his friends (and friends are hard to come by for those on the spectrum). I offered to pay for an aide, work for them for free, or to "school him myself" in the hallway with a desk so that he could remain in the Islamic school and play with his friends at recess. They also denied him this. My son today prays every prayer, urges me to be kind, helps others, and has memorized several Suras IN SPITE of being deemed unworthy of an Islamic education. The children in the school also lost the opportunity to learn about differences, develop compassion, and understand that Allah/God created us all, even those people deem "not perfect". I pray that the school has changed. My son will live with the scars from Medina for the rest of his life.

Posted June 13, 2012
What a blessing this school is dedicated teachers sound morals it is a gift from God 3 kids attending ( 1st began in 2003)

Posted May 12, 2011
my kids love going to Medina Academy the teachers are so great and they learning very fast make a big difference

Medina Academy 4

Posted September 03, 2010
My daughter has gone to Medina Academy for three years PreSchool,Pre-K and Kindergarten. The academic level of this school has proven to be excellent so far. The WASL scores on the website www.medinaacademy.org give an idea about the academic standing of the students. In most areas they exceed state standards. Kids get to learn Arabic and class rooms are multicultural. Most parents who pull their kids out opt for free public schools since it can get expensive when there are more than 2 kids attending private school.

Medina Academy 0

Posted March 15, 2010
Fantastic school. My son loves going to Medina academy, he looks forward to it each and everyday. The teachers are wonderful, caring and attentive. They develop really strong relationship with the children and makes such a big difference. The Islamic and Arabic knowledge is heart warming, the school is doing exactly what it says it will and more. I wish it went beyond the 6th grade though, or else, I would've kept my son enrolled till he graduated from high school

Medina Academy