PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Hi, My son used to go to spectrum academy till we had to move our residential location. I have not yet found out a school better than this , we are planning to move back to Bellevue just because of this awesome school. In one sentence I can tell you that -- "This school works for overall development of the child" Your child when joins main stream kindergarten will be ahead of his/her classmates because of this school. I love the dedicated teachers and even better principal of this school. If anyone wants to get more info about this school i will vouch for it & ready to share my email id with anyone. Kudos to the founder of this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There are many day to day examples where the child learns honesty & integrity. It is part of daily life skills that the child learns there as a student.

We came to US in 2012 and we were not sure how my kids will pick up the US education system as they were not native English Speakers. But after going through lot of research, we found Spectrum Academy , Redmond is best suited for us. My daughter was shy and don't speak much. Soon I found that Teacher at this Redmond location are well trained they have good sense of humor, and focus on overall all development of kids , creativity , concentration , innovation in small small things , not like just academics . She opened up so well and now she is doing very well in Public School . She was there for 2 years. We loved this school , So my son also went to same school for 1 year and we found he enjoyed this school. We changed this time to Bellevue location school So he can go till 3 PM , and you know what I found he loves this location as well . This shows that Owner of Spectrum Academy loves to have similar process and high quality teachers, She has awesome teachers . Some teachers are in school for more than 10 years. Overall we recommended this school to many of new friends who come from different location. - Parent

We have been with the school for a year and had a good experience. My 3 yr old son is an early reader and they have been able to cater to his academic and social development. They have great teachers who care about the well being and balanced development of the kids. The director is very friendly, listens to feedback and prompt with response. They have a clean facility, restrooms and playground.

My daughter was a student at Spectrum Academy for past two years. She has had a wonderful experience. It is due to all the efforts of the staff and management that my daughter not only performs well academically but also socially. She is shy by nature but at spectrum she learnt to be assertive. It's been an awsome journey for her. She was fortunate to be at both the centers with zero transition issues. All these progress has helped her to be qualified for early entrance to grade1. Thank you staff and management for playing such a vital role in my child's life. I highly recommend Spectrum for all those looking for a preschool with all round development for their young children.

All I can say is that both my children, who are now 4 and 6 years old, haved enjoyed their learning experiences at Spectrum for the last 10 months. We started with summer school last July and have been here since then. The curriculum is engaging and well-balanced with time for phonics, reading, math, art, nature studies, music and movement, etc. Spectrum has great teachers and a well-designed facility. My 4 year old will continue to attend the coming year too. We feel lucky to have found this program!

My son was 4 1/2 years when we enrolled him in Spectrum in Sept. 07. Not only is he already reading ( he did not even know any phonics previously), his confidence and people skills have really improved. We give credit to the teachers and the teamwork that we see at Spectrum. The teachers and the director greet my child with a smile every morning. My son learnt here how to share and get along with others by expressing his feelings appropriately. We are grateful we found this school for our child.

We have had our three children attend Spectrum Learning Commuinity one after another, since 2002. I just enrolled my third child in September 2007. Both of my older children were alreading reading at a 1st grade level by the end of their preschool year! The Director and teachers have a systematic reading program that motivates children to learn phonics and then reading in a fun and hands-on manner. I certainly think Spectrum Learning Community engages the children in a balanced way. Our children are exposed to many different kinds of activities, and they are very proud of their work! My bother's child has also attended this school, and we have had similar experieces.

We are pleased at the Director's leadership and the teavhers. Discipline is positive, and other parents have shared their children's confidence has grown. Concepts are taught in a hands on manner. A certifiedteacher was found to replace one who was repeatedly sick. We have been sending our children, one after another, to this school and teacher turn-over is typical in Bellevue schools due to teachers moving, changing careers, etc. Our older son goes to private grade school, where it happens too

We pulled our child out of Spectrum because of a continual lack of demonstation of the educational philosophy she claims to have, as well as ongoing disorganization in the school, and very high teacher turn over. The way in which the director speaks to the staff, as well as the children is disrespectful and against everything she says she stands for. But anyone can talk the talk, only the truly dedicated and nurturing child care providers can keep their teachers and families.

Last modified Spectrum Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-1