Redmond, WA

Posted May 12, 2015
Stella Schola has a fun curriculum with a strong emphasis on humanities (history, classical literature and latin). Overall, there are a lot of writing assignments and project based work where students are assigned to work in small groups. Time management and working as a team are some of the skills that students can expect to acquire. At Stella, students remain with the same teacher all day, which could be outstanding or not-so-great, depending on your child's chemistry with the teacher. The head mistress Mrs. Tennis also teaches the 8th graders as well as 7th grade Latin, and is a charismatic bundle of energy. The unspoken consensus among parents is that a year with her alone is well worth enrolling your child for the other three. Having said that, all of the teachers my child had at this school were at the very least well-intentioned. The teacher : student ratio is roughly 1 : 30 as of 2015. Given the fact that the teachers also offer their after school hours for student tutoring, there is no denying that these are some of the most hard working teachers you will ever come across in a public school environment. Sadly, owing to this fact, teacher turnover is not that rare.

Posted April 15, 2015
I am a 6th grader at stella, which means it is my first year! This is by far the best school in the entire universe. The 8th grade teacher got an award for one of the 5 best teachers in AMERICA! My teacher is one of the best teachers I have ever had. She's nice, funny, but also makes sure we succeed. If your name gets drawn to go here, you wont regret saying yes! Our field trips are the most amazing things i've ever experienced. I have no words for this except, BEST. SCHOOL. EVER! If you have band/ orchestra, you can stay in touch with old friends because of the field trips (As well as making lots of new friends too!)

Posted November 17, 2010
Stella Schola is a fun, engaging program that drives its students to do their best and deeply learn the subjects. The staff is the hardest working group of teachers I have met, and does everything possible to ensure that all students have every opportunity to learn the material. Most subjects are deeply integrated together providing context that regular classes seem to miss. I highly recommend this school. My child loves it so much, she wants to go even when she is sick!

Posted May 12, 2010
Stella Schola is an amazing school with a tough academic curriculum based on History and Classic Literature. I credit Headmistress Tennis for teaching my daughter the desire of high academic achievement, a passion for studying and the drive to never stop asking questions.

Posted August 04, 2009
Amazing and a great school with wonderful hard working teachers. The teachers really put time into their job and teach us well.

Posted July 13, 2008
I love this school! My children are challenged and the teachers help each student reach his/her highest potential! Lots of field trips, hands-on learning, and good old hard work all mixed together with an enthusiastic attitude! Wish there was a school like this when I was in middle school!

Posted December 09, 2006
Stella Schola is a great hands on school with teachers who care about your child's future. The students study something until there good at it not just move on once htey learn it.

13505 NE 75th St, Redmond, WA  98052
Last modified Stella Schola is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stella Schola Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top