Posted May 06, 2014
MCH is a haven for my daughter to grow into a confident, competent young lady. She has been at the school since she was 2 years old, through toddler, early childhood (3-6 yrs) and now elementary (goes through to grade 6). Not only are the teachers wonderful, but they communicate. And if you have a concern, they are ready to talk it through with you and find solutions. My daughter is happy there and the parent community is amazingly supportive also. We could not have found a better place to nurture our girl. :-)

Posted April 09, 2014
My experience with Montessori Children's House has been full of positive feelings. My youngest is currently in the Toddler program and has blossomed with the encouragement of his teachers. He loves going to school and I love that he has teachers who celebrate his unique qualities. I have two other children who attended MCH for 3+ years as well, and I am excited by the growth and expansion of the school. The teachers are well-educated and certified by American Montessori Society. The staff is supportive and encouraging. I am excited to be part of such a vibrant school. Based on my experience with other schools and childcare centers with my oldest child, I can confidently say Montessori Children's House is an excellent school.

Posted April 02, 2014
We have been part of this school for 5 years, MCH has been a safe, loving and nurturing haven for us and our kids for the last 5 years. Such is the love and responsibility we received from all the wonderful people. We love every single detail about the school, the unique classrooms, the playground, the goats and most importantly the teachers. We feel very fortunate to have been part of this loving, positive and constructive looking community. Both our kids have grown into loving and independent kids because of MCH. We hope to continue our association in any possible way.

Posted March 20, 2014
When you have 2 children -- whatever you do for the first one you typically do for the second. When it was time for my son to go to preschool, I assumed the school I put my 1st child in was good enough. After putting my son in that same school for 2 months, it did not work for him. He needed to be outside for more than 10 minutes & needed the freedom to express himself within the boundaries of a school environment. I visited almost every school in Sammamish and was losing hope. Then I discovered Montessori Children's House. Not only is it a gorgeous facility, there is a feeling of love there. He has been at MCH for two months -- the same amount of time he was at the other Sammamish-located school. He is calm, he is happy; he loves to sing and draw (which he wouldn't do at the other school).MCH has all the 'fun' things you want from a preschool -- performances and celebrations; they celebrate all cultures and beliefs. MCH has brought out his sweetness, his curiosity and his joy for learning. Daily, they celebrate him for who he is, not who they EXPECT him to be. I am so grateful for finding MCH. Now I need to transfer my first child there!

Posted March 03, 2014
This school is very special. Besides the fact that they provide a wonderful environment for children, have the highest quality teachers and make you feel like an integral part of their community, they truly care and have immense compassion. I recently lost my job, my house is in pre-foreclosure and I need to leave the area to live with family until I get back on my feet. I met with Jennifer Wheelhouse in hopes of being released from my year long contract. Not only was this not an issue she told me that it was most important to make sure my daughter had stability and that I need not worry about tuition for my remaining time there. Needless to say, I was speechless and her kindness was overwhelming. This is a great school, run by fantastic people, staffed with the best teachers out there. I will be forever grateful that my daughter had such a wonderful start at Montessori Children's House.

Montessori Children's House 2

Posted September 24, 2013
My kid attended here for about 2 years. We often felt the impression that they really go after money instead of quality of education. There are tons of fees and all that. I don't understand whey they would have wish list when we are paying incredible amount of money for tuition. Why my kid didn't get that wish listed item for their education unless parent buy them? As someone mentioned, they are focusing on growth not the kids. It is also noticeable that so many teachers quit while school year and does not feel like teachers likes the school. It is probably just a job for them. Overall, money chasers and unstable teachers.

Posted May 17, 2013
We are very happy with the school, we've seen a lot of growth in our soon (3yrs), he became more independent. The teachers are beyond kind, they really focus on the kids feelings and personal growth. And noticing how my son is noy only known by their teachers, but also by the whole staff, not only by name, but by how he is..... that shows the involvment from everybody. So glad to have found this great school.

Montessori Children's House 1

Posted March 20, 2013
Everybody at this school is avid of money. They build a new school which explains their rush. $125 just to have the honor of filling a piece of paper and to schedule a so called "family interview". Write a check one day and 24h later no chance of getting it back, it's nonrefundable. This intransigence translates for me in easy money and very little human involvement. $125 is almost 10h of hard work, for them is 5 min. of...talk! I wished I'd be hired by this place! Besides 3 times nonrefundable fees of $125 dollars you pay a nonrefundable deposit worth a month of school and God knows what else you will need to pay. People, don't be fooled by the fake reputation of this place! Montessori education is about humane spirit and I am glad it cost me only $125 to stay away from this school. New parents are enchanted by the ahurissant information about how great Montessori education is, not the place.The rooms lack natural light and are very small. There is a strong smell of gasoline at the school site. The money is so easily made that they will have enough to build even more. My question is: for whom?

Montessori Children's House 1

Posted July 12, 2012
Our experience with MCH was very disappointing. We encountered numerous issues with quality of care and when brought to the attention of the administration, they were unable to resolve the issues. In fact, with the last, most severe, incident our child was severely injured. While the school administration spoke about wanting to come to a resolution going forward, they offered zero options to remedy the situation to ensure it would never happen again. In fact, they said that they were unwilling to change anything. Our child was not safe at this school, which should be their number one priority. Instead, their priority seems to be expansion, defending their school and their teachers and relieving themselves of any liabity when their staff was in the wrong. I would never recommend this school to anyone. Our child is at another facility now and is thriving, learning a lot more and genuinely seems much happier.

Posted April 19, 2012
My son has attended MCH during 4 years (pre-school to K included). The teachers and staff of the school, the settings, the learning environment have been amazing.We deeply appreciated the community and the way children were taught to be nice to each other and caring kids. My son still has that sense of community and sharing that make MCH so special to us. And transition to a regular public scholl went very well, he was prepared and ready thanks to a nice team work with his teacher on his 2 last years at MCH. I strongly recommand that school !

Montessori Children's House
5003 218th Avenue Northeast, Redmond, WA  98053
Last modified Montessori Children's House is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Montessori Children's House Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top