Redmond, WA

The Sammamish Montessori School 2

Posted October 29, 2014
In this school, you don't have too much chance to talk to the teacher except in the parent-teacher meeting, where in my case, the teacher just shows some work the kids did at school, leaving no time talking about the kids strength, weakness and etc. The enrichment program is good.

Posted November 10, 2012
I love this school. Both of my boys attended preschool and the after school club room. My oldest son transitioned beautifully to public school for Kindergarten after the foundations at SMS. The administrative staff are extremely organized and helpful and the teachers are remarkable and seem to genuinely love their jobs. Our oldest son had attended another preschool prior to SMS and it doesn't even begin to compare to the wonderful experience we have had at SMS. Although more costly than the other preschool, there is not a single dollar I feel is not well spent on the education received there.

Posted September 24, 2012
I would highly recommend Sammamish Montessori school to any parent looking for a strong academic education, while fostering independence and developing a critical thinking mind. Both my children went to this school, in their preschool to kindergarten and elementary programs. My daughter is now a 7th grader. She transitioned in 5th grade as this level was not yet available at Sammamish Montessori School and she transitioned beautifully. Her new school requires ITBS testing. Every year since she transitioned to her new school she has scored very high on the ITBS test and every year she has been eligible for the John Hopkins Junior talent. My son just transitioned to the same school and his teachers mentioned to us a few days ago that he is already a leader in their classroom and how happy they are to have him. Both my husband and I have post graduate education in Science and Computer Science, and we value and look for the best education for our children. We also both credit Sammamish Montessori School for giving to our children the best foundation for their education, fostering their love of learning, their independence and academic success. - A very satisfied parent

The Sammamish Montessori School 3

Posted July 10, 2012
We sent our son there when he was 4 years old and 6 months later we transferred him back to Bright Horizon, which we liked a lot more. I know several families did the same thing. The main reasons are: 1. We don't like their after school program. They just put all the kids in a big room with a bunch of toys. There are several staffs watching them and chatting. 2. As parents, we don't have much chance to talk to the teachers. We were asked to drop the kid at the parking lot in the morning, and when we picked the kid in the afternoon, their teachers have been gone. When we sent the kid to the classroom, we are not welcomed to get in. The teacher said she don't have time for emails. If the parents have any questions, leave a note in the school bag. 3.They don't have nap time or quite time after lunch. My son looked exhausted every time we picked him up. 4. We didn't noticed much academic progress during that 6 months. The teacher said the first year is just a warming up and we'll see progress if we stay longer. Maybe she is right. In general, the school may be good. But I would not recommend it to the kids who need to stay there full day AND to take the after school program.

Posted May 31, 2012
Excellent school. As a certified Montessori teacher, my expectations were high and they have been met. The school is family-run (founders and administrators) so there is a clear and consistent mission. Parent volunteers are often seen reading with students. The academic standards are high, and the only parents I know who were not satisfied with the school misunderstood the pedagogical approach (as the children are not taking tests and doing worksheets). For example, when a child is working with the Montessori math materials, parents may think their child is playing with a gold block, but they are learning that a number cubed (like 10 cubed=1000) really makes a tangible cube-shape made of 10s. All of this is sequenced with geometry and leads to higher levels of abstraction, like working with binomials. After years of hands-on work, children deeply understand what is behind the shorthand of a math formula. Aside from this, I am always impressed when I hear my four-year-old daughter singing a song listing all 50 US states, telling me that Pluto was a planet but has been "downgraded", remarking that her favorite word is "coniferous", and I love seeing her smiling happily at school.

The Sammamish Montessori School 4

Posted February 22, 2012
I really like this school, it's a true Montessori unlike some in the area. The staff and teachers alike are great. However, if I could change one thing it would be the amount of work time available in the early childhood classrooms. There are 4 circle times and 2-3 recesses if your child is there full-time. That leaves only 2ish hours to do actual work. That is a big draw back for the school.

Posted August 21, 2011
The short version of my review: Sammamish Montessori School is fantastic. Excellent. Wonderful. We have three children, and two of whom have gone through the SMS program and the third starts this year. The two older kids have very different learning styles and strengths/weaknesses, but both excelled at SMS. The SMS program is great at instilling our children with a joy of learning. The academics are top notch, and the social aspects of the program are also amazing. Our kids have learned not only the fundamental facts that young learners need, but also how to interact constructively with other students and their teachers. When our oldest son entered public school (third grade), he adjusted brilliantly both academcially and socially. We have no doubt that this is in part due to his experience at SMS. Furthermore, the school has been great at working with our family when we've presented them with scheduling requests or questions about how we can best address the phases our growing children go through. So, a great education and a great learning experience. What more could you ask for? We are very glad we found this school and look forward to several more years with them!

Posted August 07, 2011
I can't say enough positive things about this school. Nurturing teachers and a strong academic foundation have given my child so much confidence in herself. My daughter approaches new experiences with excitement and wonder thanks to the way she has been educated at Sammamish Montessori. I've learned a lot from the teachers and they have even made me a better parent

Posted July 31, 2011
Our oldest son attended this school for three years, ending with his kindergarten year. The subjects he learned were incredible. He learned all the continents, states and great bodies of water. he developed a love of science and how things work. He even learned the basics of multiplication, division and fractions. This last year he started first grade at a public school, and he was reading at a third grade level. Amazing school, with passionate, caring teachers and staff.

Posted July 12, 2011
Amazing school, the partnership between teachers/staff and parents is excellent. The partnership works hard to address the needs of all children, academically and socially!!

The Sammamish Montessori School
7655 178th Place Northeast, Redmond, WA  98052
Last modified The Sammamish Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
The Sammamish Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top