Redmond, WA

Posted November 07, 2014
The quality of teachers ranges from fabulous to marginal. We've had two children in this school over the past eight years, with experiences ranging from wonderful to simply awful. I've also subbed in this school, so have had a chance to see some things from a teacher's perspective. I'd like to see more assertive, student-focused leadership by the principal, and a better teacher hiring process. It's a mystery to me how some of the staff was hired, because in some cases they are clearly unqualified to teach in their subject area, or to manage a classroom. I wish I could say that the excellent faculty makes up for the marginal staff, but it only took a couple of bad classes to pretty much sour the attitude of our honor student. This year, she went from loving school to hating it. I give most of the credit for this change of heart to the frustrating environment at school. If more parents speak up, perhaps things will improve.

Posted April 03, 2014
Redmond Middle School is a great school if your child is in the advanced curriculum. Otherwise, the classes are pretty mediocre. Their Algebra and Geometry teachers are amazing, and write tests, homework, and curriculum all by themselves. Their curriculum is much harder than the state-issued curriculum however, and you child may find difficulty their. But, this level of difficulty prepares your child for the End Of Course exam, and even if they fail the class they will most likely pass the EOC. The school also provides a variety of extracurricular activities and electives.

Redmond Middle School 1

Posted February 11, 2014
the best word to describe this school is bad. escpically for math. that's all u need to know

Posted June 24, 2013
This school is horrible i had to use the bathroom on my period and they wouldn't let me use the bathroom witch is a violation to my rights and they wouldn't even let me call my mom. Dont bring your child to this school.

Posted June 14, 2013
I think the teachers and staff are great but there is a real drug problem that is "hidden" in my opinion. I know they do all the can to keep it out of the school but it's still a problem and when my kid is feeling peer pressure to try these drugs I am concerned.

Posted March 26, 2013
I was on the site doing some research and decided to submit my experience with Redmond Jr. High. With much regret, we had to leave the school earlier this year due to a job transfer. It was only a few months into the new school (which is also highly rated but much less personal) when we understood how great we had it at Redmond Jr. This is hands down the best; If I could, I would put mine back there in heartbeat. The teachers and staff make this truly the "Nordstrom" of middle schools!

Posted November 13, 2010
i was a student there. When I was in 7th grade i had a teacher yell at me, i had done nothing wrong for all i knew. I asked what i didd wrong she didnt tell me. The students there are mean. If u zone them out and ignore them it gets worse. In 8th grade the principal was nice but didnt do anything when I told Him i was harassed. He didnt belive me. In the summer of 9th grade i told the new principal She cared and did somethng right away. If i had told the Vice principal He would have done something. My grades were bad. It didnt help that the teachers didnt care. Only one of them wanted to help me. I give my old school 3 stars! more then it deserves....

Posted November 04, 2009
The teachers are excellent! They have one of the best science and math programs in the state. The principal knows the students by name, and makes it a priority to know 'his kids' and do what he can to make the school a fun, friendly place where learning becomes a desire, not a chore for the students. It is an environmentally friendly school with a top notch recycle program and an energy efficient building.

Posted April 18, 2009

Posted March 14, 2009
The greatest junior high ever! The teachers are good and everyone is nice. It's a great school to get prepared for high school and college and has a wonderful academic program. Everyone is experienced in teaching and in the school system. Best school choice by far!

Redmond Middle School
10055 166th Ave NE, Redmond, WA  98052
Last modified Redmond Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Redmond Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top