Renton, WA

Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2015
No PTA meetings available. The office looks disorganize probably do to the lack of staff. The school as a lot of trash bags and papers rolling around I think they could clean it up a bit. I don't think kids are properly challenged in their education. I don't feel my child is getting the education our tax dollars are paying for. I'm going to look into moving my child to another school.

Posted May 16, 2011
I have found this school to be a good one for kids of all types. Staff are always willing to make families to feel comfortable and to give knowledge of how to be more involved with your students work and capabilities. Yes test scores may be down a bit but the teacher quaility is 100% effort there! Teachers bend over backwards to help you(as the parent) and your student(s) to succeed!

Highlands Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2009
While I enjoy getting weekly updates on my child;s performance, I am angry at the fact that my 4th graders curriculum is well below the standard for what fourth graders should be learning. My child is struggling in math, and it seems there is no emphasis on building strong foundations in learning. The school is more concerned with their 'Class meetings' and time outs, and less with providing a curriculum that is in line with what children should be learning. I am investigating having my child put into a different school now, and will not enroll my second child here.

Posted August 17, 2009

Highlands Elementary School 5

Posted August 26, 2005
In my sons last school year, he had a daily review. Each activity/hour he was graded on, it allowed me to see how my child was doing daily. That was really great to see.

Posted August 20, 2005

Highlands Elementary School
2720 NE 7th St, Renton, WA  98056
Last modified Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlands Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top