Renton, WA

Maplewood Heights Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
My son is attending his first year at this school. He completed his grade requirements in the fall and have done nothing to challenge or teach him since, despite my many emails and meetings with Staff. I am extremely disappointed with the way tthis school yea has gone.

Posted November 08, 2013
I have 2 boys attending MWH and they both love their teachers and the school. They look forward to going to school everyday and come home happy. I have attended many events organized by the school and PTA, it's clear the great level of effort paid by the teachers, principle and the parents. The teachers work hard to accommodate different level of learning and very supportive. The principle is capable, professional and enthusiastic. The facility is a bit old, but it's the people make the feel of welcoming and beautiful. This year we change to new teachers , seems more new students moved in, also new teachers, hopefully they will be as good as before.

Posted September 23, 2013
I love teachers, staff, PTA, and parents at Maplewood Heights. Everyone is committed to make student's lives better. I am thankful that my kids attend at Maplewood Heights.

Maplewood Heights Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2011
This is our child's second year at MWH and we are pretty happy. Of course, much of a child's experience depends on the teacher they have, and we were lucky two year's in a row. Both "our" teachers were/are very caring and seem to enjoy teaching and making learning fun for their students whenever it's approriate. The school has a wonderful music teacher, who made the recent Veteran's Day assembly a truly enjoyable event. Thank you!. The office staff is very nice, and the school offers extra-curricular chess and karate classes, for a very reasonable fee. On the downside, the food in the cafeteria is not exactly health food: Chicken fingers, hamburgers, pizza - no whole grains and little fresh fruit. But I suppose that is a (sad!) district issue. - One thing that I am missing is a larger scale "Accelerated Reading" Program. At our old school children would stay in from recess to take AR tests or stay after school to take them, because the best readers (those reading the most books and earn the most points) were able to get rewards at the end of each trimester, plus have their name on a plaque in the office. - Maybe the PTA could fund some more computers to extend AR at MWH?

Posted November 03, 2011
Teachers, administrators and parents work together to make Maplewood Heights the best public school in this area. Go check out the happy faces!

Posted March 18, 2006
- a former student

Posted January 18, 2006
I think Maplewood Heights is a good school with great parent involvement and a strong PTA. The academic aspects seem sufficient. I would like to see a system in place that allows parents to go online and find out about specific assignments and whether they were turned in,etc. Maybe that's only available in upper grade levels. I know that Kent school district has it. I think that would be a great tool for parents to be able to stay on top of what their child should be doing, as getting information from MY son is like pulling teeth sometimes! I also would love to see before and after-school care for kindergartners especially. One more note is that I would like to see a little more warmth from our principal. I think that's important to kids at this age level.

Posted November 03, 2005

Maplewood Heights Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2005
My oldest child has gone here for two years. I find the quality of academic programs above average. The avail of music is great. They did have a extracurricular Art class last year, and I believe the sports acitivites are league, not school related. The district offers sufficient sports activities. I particularly like that they have a no bullying policy, and teach all grade levels about ways to prevent it. The level of parent involvement is very high. PTA is very active, and has a very good relationship with the Teachers and Staff. They work together, hand in hand, and it shows in everything around the school. The principal is exceptional, and easy to approach. Very sensible when you bring your concerns to her. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 05, 2005

Maplewood Heights Elementary School
13430 144th Ave SE, Renton, WA  98059
Last modified Maplewood Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maplewood Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top