Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school has declined in recent years due to an administration change.

According to this website Sierra Heights does not have the best reputation. As with any school/event in life there are going to be bad experiences. So as a parent of a soon to be kindergartner I thought I would do my homework. I visited and researched this school. I interviewed everyone and anyone who had children who attend/attended Sierra Heights or knew children who attended Sierra Heights. I understand that everyone will have their own personal experience but I find a responsibility in promoting the good here. My son just started kindergarten at Sierra Heights this year and he LOVES it! His teachers are encouraging and supportive and have created an environment which he feels safe AND excited to go back to everyday. I am blown away by the communication between the staff and parents as well as the involvement of the parents with the school, either day to day or with after school programs and events. We are just a few weeks into our school year but the decision we made to send our child to Sierra Heights was the right one for us.

My daughter just finished 2nd grade and we're making plans to move so we can get into a better school. K - 1 was all right and then 2nd grade took a nose dive and I watched my child's self esteem tank. My first parent/teacher conference the teacher actually told me she hated teaching this year. I tried very hard to collaborate with the teacher to help my child succeed and found myself coming up with all the ideas and the teacher only shooting them down and then not coming up with any other ideas. Involvement with the VP pretty much felt like lip service. There were meetings to listen to me, but I kept getting pushed back to the ineffective teacher to work it out. Many of my requests for information or questions went unanswered by the VP despite multiple repeated attempts. By the end of year my daughter was crying in bed at night on a weekly basis because of school.

My son really enjoy this school and his teacher is very caring. PTSA is great.

Last modified Sierra Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.