Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Sierra Heights Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2015
My daughter just finished 2nd grade and we're making plans to move so we can get into a better school. K - 1 was all right and then 2nd grade took a nose dive and I watched my child's self esteem tank. My first parent/teacher conference the teacher actually told me she hated teaching this year. I tried very hard to collaborate with the teacher to help my child succeed and found myself coming up with all the ideas and the teacher only shooting them down and then not coming up with any other ideas. Involvement with the VP pretty much felt like lip service. There were meetings to listen to me, but I kept getting pushed back to the ineffective teacher to work it out. Many of my requests for information or questions went unanswered by the VP despite multiple repeated attempts. By the end of year my daughter was crying in bed at night on a weekly basis because of school.

Sierra Heights Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My son really enjoy this school and his teacher is very caring. PTSA is great.

Sierra Heights Elementary School 5

Posted December 13, 2005
Fabulous school! Great principal in Nancy Davis! Love the Reading tutoring programs in First grade!

Sierra Heights Elementary School 5

Posted December 10, 2005
We have been impressed with the leadership, staff and academics of this school. They are truely interested in the welfare and education of our young people.

Sierra Heights Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2005
I have been very impressed with our principal's leadership at Sierra Heights. The communication comes home regularly, to keep parents in the loop. There are also good tips for parents on encouraging reading and key factors for success. I have been happy with the teachers at Sierra Heights, and the parents are very involved. There are many PTSA events for families to participate in, like Family Reading Nights, Bingo Night, Science Night, Math Night, the Carnival, and more.

Sierra Heights Elementary School
9901 132nd Ave Se, Renton, WA  98059
Last modified Sierra Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.