Talbot Hill Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2014
Children are not listened to or trusted at this school. Damage and extreme emotional trauma has been placed on my child and it can't be replaced Some staff forget they are dealing with children at an elementary level who have some innocence left in them. The children can't trust the staff to protect them or have their best interest at heart due to the bad weeds.My eyes have been opened. I have learned that school staff are human too and just like in our everyday life adults lie, cause drama and are just miserable. Career choice doesn't change this. I apologized to my child for putting so much trust in this school. I don't expect perfection but there can always be improvement and we must raise awareness and hold school staff accountable for their actions. I feel really bad for the staff members who work here and truly have a good heart and really care for our Children because the other staff members give this school a bad reputation. Parents always remember you know your child as a parent and everyone else in life will try to convince you of something different to benefit themselves. Signed Raising awareness to raise the standards

Posted April 25, 2014
An out of the box thinking school. Teaching kids "real world" skills to help them solve real world situations.

Posted October 12, 2013
My daughter has been going to Talbot Hill for the past four years. During this time, she's had terrific teachers that I feel really pour everything into helping all their students learn their best. The school maintains a safe and respectful environment. The Microsociety program is interesting and I feel is more beneficial for the older kids especially. If you child has the opportunity, then they should at least run for student government. It's a good learning experience. The PTA is super active and many other parents volunteer time to help out in the classrooms. Talbot Hill is also one of two Renton school district elementary schools with the Discovery Program classes.

Posted July 10, 2013
Our two daughters attend Talbot Hill Elementary School. From K through 3rd this school has been outstanding and we expect the excellence to continue in grades 4 and 5. The faculty and administrators are top notch. Mr. Hanson (1st grade) and Ms. Hutt (2nd grade) deserve special mention because their passion for teaching and love for the students creates an enthralling learning environment.

Posted June 12, 2013
My husband and I are both local business owners in Renton and we debated on sending our children to Talbot Hill because we always dreamed of sending our kids to a private Christian school. I am so happy we gave Talbot Hill a chance because I am very impressed by my kids' level of learning and progress that they achieved in one year. The Microsociety program is a FANTASTIC program that I feel more schools should offer. Not sure what the fuss is all about and why parents would ever question a program that would benefit their child's future. My husband and I loved being a part of a Microsociety school because our children learned a great deal about how the real world operates. They are ending the year with the basic understanding of how our postal system, currency, economy, & government works. As a business owner, I appreciate that my kids are learning things other than dinosaurs and addition. I love the innovative and creativity that goes into making learning FUN! Makes my heart smile! Big shout out to Ms. Teung and Ms. Hennessy for being such great leaders and role models. A school is what you make it, parents. Be active, present, and involved and your child will inevitably succeed.

Talbot Hill Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2012
If you really care about your child's safety and emotional health, then don't send your child here. I failed my baby terribly by sending him here after I found out what was happening. The principle doesn't care. The micro society is a strange thing that I didn't see much benefit to. There are other more efficient ways of having students learn. At such a young age, the bullying my child experienced has left a scare too deep. It's been few years and he still remembers and talks about it with hurt. He also talks about how his teacher and principle didn't protect him. He went to another school finally to learn how a good school operates.

Talbot Hill Elementary School 2

Posted September 16, 2009
I was really excited when my daughter started at this school in 2nd grade, since then I have had my bubble popped. Their MicroSociety program is the highlight of the school and pretty much the focus. The parents seem to work really hard on getting and making money for this program, but there is no real learning in it for the kids. It sounds like a really interesting project, but they put so much of their effort into it instead of reading and math skills which are lacking in this school. They really need to drop the program and concentrate on what is important. I have not been impressed with the teachers either, but her 3rd grade teacher was excellent. Ms. Billings cares. She provided an after school tutoring which changed my daughter's reading.

Talbot Hill Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted June 13, 2008

Posted September 09, 2005
Best school my child has ever attended. It has the Microsociety Program & the Discovery Program for gifted children. My son enjoyed being in both. The teachers are excellent.

Talbot Hill Elementary School
2300 Talbot Rd South, Renton, WA  98055
Last modified Talbot Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Talbot Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.