Bad
Good

My Daughter goes to this school for Kindergarten. The Class teacher is excellent. Since then my daughter has gained good communication and social skills. She has also gained good grip over math and reading. Overall, i'm satisfied with the school environment. The STEM activities they do in school and at home, is awesome. The Teacher gives extra attention to students who are interested. Teacher is very softly spoken and very brilliant and able to handle kids well with love and care.

My children have since moved on from this school, and I now have a perspective of how much they gained from their overall learning experience. I can compare based on our current school, and I share that Talbot Hill has amazing staff and is a wonderful learning environment. It is a MicroSociety school and this specialized program taught my kids how to be leaders, public speakers, how to manage their own bank accounts, to be civically-minded. If you live in this Renton neighborhood and can send your child to this school, do it and value this experience!

Children are not listened to or trusted at this school. Damage and extreme emotional trauma has been placed on my child and it can't be replaced Some staff forget they are dealing with children at an elementary level who have some innocence left in them. The children can't trust the staff to protect them or have their best interest at heart due to the bad weeds.My eyes have been opened. I have learned that school staff are human too and just like in our everyday life adults lie, cause drama and are just miserable. Career choice doesn't change this. I apologized to my child for putting so much trust in this school. I don't expect perfection but there can always be improvement and we must raise awareness and hold school staff accountable for their actions. I feel really bad for the staff members who work here and truly have a good heart and really care for our Children because the other staff members give this school a bad reputation. Parents always remember you know your child as a parent and everyone else in life will try to convince you of something different to benefit themselves. Signed Raising awareness to raise the standards

An out of the box thinking school. Teaching kids "real world" skills to help them solve real world situations.

My daughter has been going to Talbot Hill for the past four years. During this time, she's had terrific teachers that I feel really pour everything into helping all their students learn their best. The school maintains a safe and respectful environment. The Microsociety program is interesting and I feel is more beneficial for the older kids especially. If you child has the opportunity, then they should at least run for student government. It's a good learning experience. The PTA is super active and many other parents volunteer time to help out in the classrooms. Talbot Hill is also one of two Renton school district elementary schools with the Discovery Program classes.

Our two daughters attend Talbot Hill Elementary School. From K through 3rd this school has been outstanding and we expect the excellence to continue in grades 4 and 5. The faculty and administrators are top notch. Mr. Hanson (1st grade) and Ms. Hutt (2nd grade) deserve special mention because their passion for teaching and love for the students creates an enthralling learning environment.

My husband and I are both local business owners in Renton and we debated on sending our children to Talbot Hill because we always dreamed of sending our kids to a private Christian school. I am so happy we gave Talbot Hill a chance because I am very impressed by my kids' level of learning and progress that they achieved in one year. The Microsociety program is a FANTASTIC program that I feel more schools should offer. Not sure what the fuss is all about and why parents would ever question a program that would benefit their child's future. My husband and I loved being a part of a Microsociety school because our children learned a great deal about how the real world operates. They are ending the year with the basic understanding of how our postal system, currency, economy, & government works. As a business owner, I appreciate that my kids are learning things other than dinosaurs and addition. I love the innovative and creativity that goes into making learning FUN! Makes my heart smile! Big shout out to Ms. Teung and Ms. Hennessy for being such great leaders and role models. A school is what you make it, parents. Be active, present, and involved and your child will inevitably succeed.

If you really care about your child's safety and emotional health, then don't send your child here. I failed my baby terribly by sending him here after I found out what was happening. The principle doesn't care. The micro society is a strange thing that I didn't see much benefit to. There are other more efficient ways of having students learn. At such a young age, the bullying my child experienced has left a scare too deep. It's been few years and he still remembers and talks about it with hurt. He also talks about how his teacher and principle didn't protect him. He went to another school finally to learn how a good school operates.

I was really excited when my daughter started at this school in 2nd grade, since then I have had my bubble popped. Their MicroSociety program is the highlight of the school and pretty much the focus. The parents seem to work really hard on getting and making money for this program, but there is no real learning in it for the kids. It sounds like a really interesting project, but they put so much of their effort into it instead of reading and math skills which are lacking in this school. They really need to drop the program and concentrate on what is important. I have not been impressed with the teachers either, but her 3rd grade teacher was excellent. Ms. Billings cares. She provided an after school tutoring which changed my daughter's reading.

Last modified Talbot Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.