K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The teachers for the most part are not very nice. (With an exception to Mrs. Greenfield, Mrs. Fredrick who they are now letting go of, Mrs Keefer, Mrs. Varela, Mrs. Lasor, Mrs. Stadmuller, Mr. Pennington, Mr. Bucheit who is not returning next year). If I could do it over again I would not send my kids here. One of my children made good friends and only disliked the teachers the others hated the whole experience. Some of the teachers have been there too long and it apparent in the way they teach and act. Overall the education is good up until about 6th or 7th grade when the teachers would rather stand out in the hallway and talk or play on their phone and hand out a packet. My students' skills were definitely lacking compared to some of their peers who went to different schools in English and History. The final thing I would like to touch on is the Olweus bullying program. From what I hear the only action being taken is having the students recite three rules. Only in one instance was one of my children ever bullied by another student however bullying behavior was demonstrated daily because the students just are not nice to each other and the teachers do not know what is going on. I do not think going to another school would be any different in this area however nothing is being done here to stop or at least improve it.

St. Anthony School is an amazing community for our family. I have had children at the school for ten years. The faculty and staff not only care for the students but challenges them to be the best they can be. The BASS (before and after school care) program has made it possible for me to have my kids at the school and know they are being taken care of until I can get to them after work. I also love their new computer lab and have been pleased to see the school's commitment to staying current in all its educational offerings (from laptops in the classrooms, to art class to after school programs like Lego RoboticsI am grateful that my kids have had the chance to learn in an environment that is academically solid but also instils their faith into all aspects of their learning.

St. Anthony school taught me so much during the eight years I attended that I came back and taught third grade for 36 years. (I recently retired.) Take it from me, I don't think any other school will love and support your child better than this school. I give it give stars!

The principal is very nice, he is very giving and awesome. The teachers are very nice too, the programs are very hard i have to admit, i heard the the 4th grade math they do, 7th grade does in public school! Teachers pay extra attention to those that need help. This is a very good school!

Being a long term St. Anthony parent with multiple children we have been there for the administrative ups and the downs but as a whole the school has been focused & consistent with it's academic offerings even better now, while still prioritizing our Catholic community & fellowship to grow all together in Christ. If you would like to be in a school where the staff cares for your child's intellect as well as a place to nourish their soul and connects families in friendship then this is the place for you. For our family we have seen our children grow up with goodness & kindness as well as us opening our hearts to friendship. It feels good dropping off our kids in a school where it is truly a partnership. Such a gift and blessing to have this opportunity.

My Nov. 2012 review is invalid. It's March now and I have a total change of heart. I've seen my child grow and everything I wanted in education. My child is still advanced and I have gotten exactly what I want in education. I am a very happy parent. I wish there was a delete button; but, I'm realizingt here is not. OH well. I hope this suffices for a recanting of the below.

While reportedly a strong school, St Anthony's is extremely inflexible when it comes to the kids that are "out of the box". Both of our very advanced children have been turned down by St Anthony's - and we are glad. One skipped two grades by now and have been a top student at every grade, and another skipped a grade by the age of five. Guess who lost on this deal? I sure hope the new principal reads my review, and makes sure that the strongest students do not get turned away by his institution.

This is an excellent school. The curriculum is challenging but definitely not impossible. As far as I can tell, it is ahead of the public schools in my area. My son has a wonderful teacher for his first year in kindergarten. When he found out I was going to meet his teacher for the first time at a parent teacher conference, he told me, 'Mom, you aren't going to believe how nice she is!' He was right - she is fabulous!

I love St. Anthony for its commitment to excellence,siperb curriculum, the great parent relationship, the act like Christ model and the love for my kids

The teachers nurture each child, challenging them to grow and with such positive values each child can excell in one subject or another.

Last modified St. Anthony School is a Private school that serves grades K-8