Renton, WA

Posted March 25, 2014
I have 2 kids at RCS and have been there for over 6 years. The School provides an outstanding environment where the students excel and are taught from a biblical point of view. The parent involvement is outstanding and is a big part of the success of the school. Our kids are learning at an advanced pace and will be better prepared for high school and college. My kids are learning how to learn and building studying habits that will last forever. They are building a moral compass that other schools avoid altogether and recognize that this is a great country with more opportunities and freedoms than any other. They are taught that we honor those who gave their lives for our freedoms and we do not take them for granted. I love the small class sizes and the fact that our kids are held accountable for their work. Investing in my kids is the best decision I could have made, and RCS was the place to make it.

Posted October 03, 2013
I have three daughters who attend RCS. One of them is in fifth grade and has attended since Kindergarten. The other two are in Kindergarten and attended PreK with Mrs. Krogh. The school lays an incredible foundation of faith for the children. Parents are strongly encouraged to be involved and at the school on a regular basis. The small class size allows much more one on one time with each student. I have found my 5th grader is much stronger academically than many other 5th graders who attend other schools. I have been thoroughly impressed with the school, the leadership and the family involvement! I also feel like RCS is very diverse and accommodating. I would highly recommend spending some time doing your research and visiting the school prior to making any decisions. RCS is an incredible school!

Posted July 17, 2013
My children love attending RCS. The students behaviors is much better than public schools, the parent involvement is amazingly high, and the children's test scores on standardized tests are always above grade level and at the high end for all subjects. Because RCS is affiliated with New Life Church, it has access to great facilities and amazing youth pastor programs.

Posted July 16, 2013
My children have attended RCS for the past 5 years and we absolutely love it there! The Bible is incorporated into all aspects of the curriculum and the teachers provide spiritual guidance, helping my children grow in their relationship with Christ. I feel my kids are receiving the best education both academically and spiritually! Once you get plugged in to some of the activities or volunteer opportunities, RCS feels like one big family. I'm so grateful that God has led us there! There are tons of ways to be involved with the school from helping in your child's class, going on field trips, assisting in the lunchroom and even helping facilitate field days. Not to mention, we have some amazing annual events like the Jogathon, Book Fair and an Auction fundraiser. We've seen so many awesome campus improvements over the past few years including a covered playground, new technology in the classrooms, a first class theater/chapel plus an upgraded gymnasium!

Posted June 24, 2013
My sons both attend Renton Christian School. One just finished K-Prep with Mrs. Krogh and the other just finished 1st grade with Mrs. Fiedler. Talk about wonderful teachers. I just can't get over how dedicated the staff is to the kids. More importantly I can't get over how much my children have thrived while attending the school---they are learning so much both academically as well as socially and about others in the world. Their awareness of others and empathy for peers/charity has been such an amazing bonus. My Dad is a veteran and attended the Veteran's Appreciation Chapel and was so touched to have been acknowledged. He has watched the development of my kids and commented that, "Sending the boys to RCS is the best money you ever spent". High Praise. I feel so grateful to have found RCS and we absolutely LOVE it. Take a tour and you will see what I mean. RCS is amazing.

Posted June 09, 2013
All of our children have been attending RCS since they've started at K-Prep, one has graduated. The teachers are wonderful, especially at the early elementary grades. They are nurturing and truly care and love their students. They have high academic standards and provide a good Christian education from a Biblical world view. Good small class sizes and great parent involvement makes this a positve place for our kids. I highly recommend RCS!

Posted March 02, 2012
My daughter has attended RCS for four years. At first I was willing to overlook the lack of compassion and diversity, but I have since come to my senses. They claim to teach Christian ways of compassion and forgiveness, but that only seems to apply to the families that provide extra donations. I have been repeatedly "urged" to join a church and find a husband in order to be a "good example" to my daughter. I'm a single mother, working full time and pursuing a Master's degree, but that's not acceptable? Where is the compassion they preach? The education is excellent, but the narrow minded, exclusionary approach of the faculty is damaging my daughters worldview, and I find that unacceptable. My daughter will not return to this school. I urge anyone considering this school to take note of the many reviews which state a lack of diversity and compassion. We can't all be wrong.

Posted January 14, 2012
This school is 1 star too much. They dazzle you with their wonderful facilities, however when you do start the school year, you start to notice a strange sense of non-christian values from staff. It is definitely exclusionary and appearance based to be culturally diverse over the years, but there really is no true embracement of cultural diversity at all. It all comes down to money. I would not recommend this school to anyone, but I would say they have a great educational program, just was not a good fit for my family and kids. No kids should have to come home from school each day and be misearble, but mine did. They were not welcomed or embraced in a christian way and our kids have attended only private schools their entire life. We immediately pulled our kids out of the school and enrolled them in another private school where they are now doing much better with a strong educational program that is christian based in values.

Renton Christian School 4

Posted April 20, 2011
My children have been going to RCS for 2 years and I've been very impressed with the quality of teachers. Incredibly loving, engaged, and the education that my kids are getting is priceless. However, I feel that the admin staff are not as inviting. Not that one needs to feel valued but I don't feel that they practice what they are preaching. Nonetheless, the fees/price you pay to have your kids educated here I believe is worth every penny. It's a loving environment and my children have learned so much about Christ and it's evident that this school has instilled this on many levels --but again, it's because of the wonderful TEACHERS they have that created this culture there not the administrative staff. Afterschool program is fabulous (minus the bookeeping errors) which can be bothersome if your not watching every entry. Bottom line, it's a safe, and wonderful school if you are thinking about going the private route. My kids have really advanced, and have a lot of options/resources/tools that the public schools can no longer support.

Posted September 03, 2010
Our family was so discouraged the past 3 years our child was there. It has christian in the name, but by no mean do they practice what they preach. Also many errors in fees that caused delays in receiving our childs report card and test results. Very exclusionary as another has posted. Tryed our best to work with school, but they aren't interested in change, just money. Very sad.

Renton Christian School
15717 152nd Avenue Southeast, Renton, WA  98058
Last modified Renton Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Renton Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top