Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school hires individuals they are embedded with who have poor training so it allows the administration to get away with a lot , due to the staff being ill-educated and they practice poor diversity inclusion practices which enables them to show biasness towards students of color.

From my experience with this preschool "Maple Valley Preschool and Childcare" in Renton, Washington, I would caution parents to deal with this school. My son had an awful experience here and it involved getting the Department of Early Learning involved and DSHS involved which led to a substantiated claim against this school. After dealing with their negligence, seeing my son's defiant behavior escalate after being in their care and sending my 3 year old son to the doctor due to conflicting stories about incidents involving him from their entire staff and him consistently being placed alone with the female director without us receiving a single phone call, even after we demanded that they notify and never leave him alone with her again. It did not stop and raised our suspicion. I would ensure that you, as a parent, receive daily reports about your child, challenge the information you are being told and ultimately listen to your children and how they behave. With our son we witnessed sudden changes to include frequent urination, hurting privates, hiding, hives, removing clothes and trying to do grown up stuff that's not conducive to his everyday environment or TV programming. I listened early to my son and paid attention to his sudden behavioral changes and when he started throwing tantrums when we mentioned school- we listened to his behavior and observed his classroom environment everyday only to see discriminating practices. We even had a neighbor who was an educator go in place of our absence when our schedules conflicted with work. We learned very quickly the staff was ill-educated and had no real training. They were hostile towards us and uncooperative. The staff showed a great deal of unprofessionalism and we started holding them accountable for their treatment towards our son. When trying to report this school we were sent on a wild goose chase due to their false advertisement of claiming to be a Christian school when they were nothing more than a public preschool so we called CAPE, SOPI, OCSI, U.S. DOE, AG's office, Senator Fain. They all helped get the right reporting agencies involved. My advice- listen to your kid(s) especially if they deem your child a problem child and demand that your child is not left alone with an adult isolated and watch for signs of indifference in your child's overall behavior. Discrimination was a factor also. Check DEL

Amount of homework: Disagree

It was definitely not enough, my son never had any. I would advise parents to pick another school.

While the teachers are very nurturing and do care deeply for your children, the level of education is by far not superior to other private schools in the area for the cost. As a parent, you have to do your own research for schools,therefore I encourage you to view their national assessment scores. They also have had numerous issues with their financials and multiple changes in their administration within the last few years.

Rainier Christian school provides a very high level of education in a friendly, safe and faith-based environment. The teachers and administration strive to make each student the very best they can be by taking an active part in each student's education, adjusting their teaching style to address each student as a unique individual, but at the same time building a cohesive class that works together, plays together, but more importantly achieves together. Students are supportive of each other, and show the highest degree of respect in and out of the class. The faith-based structure imbues each student with respect and care for others, creates an awareness of those in need, and promotes an overall positive learning experience. The academic program is challenging and inclusive, and we feel that by having our child attend Rainier Christian Schools will give her the greatest opportunity for success in her future academic pursuits.

This is our second year with RCS Maple Valley Elementary and we are looking forward to a long relationship with RCS as our children grow. Our daughter has grown and flourished since enrolling for her kindergarten year in 2012. We are so very appreciative of the warm, supportive staff at this school and within the entire RCS district. Our daughter speaks highly of all the teachers and support staff and we can see that this Christian education is having a deep and lasting effect on her young life. She thoroughly enjoys every aspect of her school; even the bus ride to and from school is a positive experience. We are so grateful to RCS Maple Valley Elementary for investing in our daughter's life in such an amazing way in the past couple years. We are looking forward to enrolling our son in a couple years when he is ready for school. We strongly recommend Rainier Christian Schools to anyone in search of a Christian education where children are challenged, loved, encouraged, supported and so much more. RCS provides an excellent education with a close-knit community feel. -Ben and Laurel

My grandchildren go to this school and I am amazed over what they are learning!!!!!!!!! I love the passport club, Pi night, Creative Fair to name just a few. The teachers are incredible - kind but still firm. They are focused on helping children learn! I marvel over some of the techniques they use to make subjects interesting. I am so impressed how the students interact with each other - no bullying, or making fun of someone that doesn't do everything perfect. Lots of respect displayed by the teachers, by the administrative staff and the students. We love this school!

The Principal and Staff at Rainier Christian Elementary - Maple Valley are SUPERB! They love the kids and care about excellent education, but more importantly the heart of the child. My children are taught a Christian worldview which I am so thankful for! Besides the great education my kids are getting, they are also having fun while learning! Class size provides for great one on one with the teacher. Field trips, PE, and Orchestra/Band are just a few of the extras that my kids love.

I have been blessed to be a teacher at Rainier Christian for over 15 years. We have an amazing principal that is a Godly leader for our students. We offer outstanding academic programs, as well as a strong music program with both band and orchestra. We also offer intramural sports, PE, computer class, library class, and more. I say with confidence that Rainier Christian Schools-Maple Valley Elementary is an amazing school to be a part of. We have supportive and involved parents, awesome students and teachers that are totally dedicated to teaching academics and Jesus Christ!!!

Rainier Christian Schools- Maple Valley Elementary has amazing teachers, a Godly principal and outstanding academics. They also offer many "extras" like intramural sports, band, orchestra, etc. Not only do they offer excellence in education but they teach Jesus Christ! I couldn't imagine a better place to send my boys to school.

Last modified Rainier Christian Schools-Maple Valley Elementary is a Private school that serves grades PK-12