Posted September 10, 2013
The teachers and principal of Briarwood are amazing! Extremely supportive learning environment. My daughter attended a private school until 3rd grade and we decided to put her back in the public school system. I would say the education she received for the past 2 years from Briarwood far exceeded my expectation. The school was total rebuilt in 2011, it is now a state of the art school building. I am extremely please with the school. Issaquah School District is one of the best school district in WA.

Posted January 24, 2011
I grew up in the area and went to Briarwood and my two siblings as well. Now my son goes to Briarwood, I have always been very happy with the staff, programs and curriculum. I also love the principal he knows all the children on a first name basis!

Briarwood Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2010
Last year my child was in Full Day Kindergarten, the academia was great. We are very involved in our son's schooling & when we are told that the teacher & school supports our involvement we expect that to be the case; which was not the case. While volunteering in the class the assistant teacher made a comment stating that "these kids are so needy it's irritating", not acceptable behavior by any teacher regardless the age or behavior of the child.Later in the year for snack our child received small doughnuts as a treat for being well behaved, to our astonishment the teacher chastised our child in front of the class stating that he needed to make better food choices. My son continues to ask whether or not what he is eating is healthy & going to make him fat. Lastly our withdrawal was handled poorly and complete uncouth.

Posted March 31, 2010
Amazing school with outstanding teachers! Briarwood will begin construction next year on a new school and our family is looking forward to the new facilities! Overall, we are very pleased to have sent out kids to an amazing school. Way to go!

Posted November 30, 2008
Both of my children attend this school and we have been very pleased with the teachers, overall academic curriculum, support the children receive. The small classroom size allows for a lot of one-on-one with the children. It is a great school!

Posted September 06, 2008
I love this school. We have attended other districts and, by far, the Issaquah district has great standards that the schools must live up to. My children are well cared for at school and their teachers seem to truly care about each student. The classes sizes are respectable here, too. I applaud our bus driver too, for caring for her passangers as we would as parents!

Briarwood Elementary School
17020 SE 134th St, Renton, WA  98059
Last modified Briarwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top