Renton, WA
Students enrolled: 1,225

Posted April 28, 2014
My school is really good with challenging my son academically. Very good, proficient teachers who really care. Administration is open to feedback and acts on it. The campus is brand new and will be completed next year. My son is a bit of a different kind of guy, and he has never been bothered by his peers. It is a family-like atmosphere. The things I would change: Extracurricular activities and clubs are seriously lacking. I would like to see more different clubs and activities outside of school. All in all, we are having a great experience at Liberty HS.....

Liberty Sr High School 3

Posted August 26, 2011
Classes are too large. Some teachers are fabulous. Others maybe not. Some really great teachers have been wooed away to high-paying schools, which is sad. If I had the money, I would choose private.

Posted January 30, 2011
As a senior at Liberty I have witnessed tremendous growth in just the last 4 years. Liberty is rapidly becoming a more affluent community with the growth in attendance, largely from Newcastle. Most teachers are well-educated and have a variety of real world experiences that they can use to enhance students' learning. From the newly installed solar panel to the award winning culinary arts and jouralism classes, Liberty has become a school that rivals the best in the state. With continually successful sports such as the football and soccer teams as well, I have really grown to love Liberty and its open, accepting student body. Liberty has the affluent community base without the pretentiousness of its neighboring high schools. If you seek a quality education within the highly sought-after issaquah school district yet without the distant, disconnected feeling that some of the wealthier communities can bring, definitely consider Liberty. I couldn't imagine a better school to prepare me for my post high school educaiton.

Posted February 02, 2010
There have been big changes at Liberty the last few years especially with the new administration, taking a tougher stance, and making sure students are working hard to succeed. Liberty is in the planning stages for a major remodel that will benifit students in the next decade. Im proud to be a parents of a student at Liberty High School!

Posted April 30, 2009
I am happy with teaching and support of teachers to my child.Their encourgment has helped my child to go further.I would also like to thank students for their cooperation.

Liberty Sr High School 0

Posted April 12, 2009
I am a parent of a senior and freshman and I think Liberty is an excellent school. We are known for the quality of teachers, the Sr leadership of the administration, the kindness, dediciation. high achieving and down to earth student body and parents who care passionately about their families and their childrens' education. We are committed to Liberty and believe that due to the strength of our community our school is, by far, the best in our region.

Posted April 10, 2009
I am a parent of a senior and I could not be more pleased with the quality of education at LHS. The AB schedule allowed my son to take a wide variety of classes that have given him areas to explore as well as areas to focus on. He has been able to participate in band, language, video production, foods, ceramics, photography and journalism while also allowing adequate time to pursue 6 AP classes over his years as well as honors classes and college in the classroom. His teachers have taken an active interest in his education and have provided opportunities for growth. In sports, he was involved in everything from track and cross-country to swimming, tennis, and baseball.LHS is a close- knit community where a diverse group of students are given opportunities to pursue their areas of interest and where teachers work hard to meet the needs of all students.

Posted April 04, 2009
I graduated from Liberty In 2005. Since then, I have really valued my educational experience from there. This year, many of my peers from Liberty are graduating from the UW. I have consistently noticed that Liberty students boast some of the highest scores on exams at the UW (usually in the top 10%), and are well prepared in the sciences, english literature and mathmatics. High school was amazing and Im glad to see that the school carries on some traditions we started! Its a great day to be a patriot!

Liberty Sr High School 4

Posted March 26, 2009
I am a Liberty alum class of '04. I felt my years at Liberty were well spent. The teachers are above average and the school goes out of the way to offer students every advantage. The extra curricular activities are quite varied. Although the school had some telling moments of conservative behavior towards teachers, I believe overall they do a great job of presenting a fairly balanced education for a public school. I feel proud to have attended Liberty.

Posted February 22, 2008
I graduated from Liberty in 2006. I don't believe that there was a better school for me to attend. The teachers were wonderful and really challenged the students to push ourselves and enjoy learning. The student body as a whole was inviting to everyone who attended, and I was friends with many different types of people. The school traditions are the best of it's kind (Senior boys dressing up as the drill team during Homecoming week?). I cherish the memories I have of Liberty. I wish everyone else the experience I had.

Liberty Sr High School
16655 SE 136th St, Renton, WA  98059
Last modified Liberty Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top