Renton, WA

Posted January 05, 2015
We have been at Ridgegwood for around 6 years now. This year is the worst as far as organization. We are planning on moving to get the kids out of Ridgewood and out of the Kent School District. After sitting back and watching my friends and family's kids flourish in their schools for the past few years, I'm finally getting them out. The new principal is nice, but inexperienced and now with no Superintendent, I don't want a part of it anymore and I don't want to wait to see if it will get better.

Posted June 28, 2013
Ridgewood has kept the love of learning alive for both of my children. Like any business, experience of the staff (admin & teachers) can vary drastically. With few exceptions, our family has had a positive experience moving through the grades.

Ridgewood Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2012
My son attended this school for two years. The first year his teacher was horrific. I had to take my child to a tutor. The second year his teacher was phenomenal. There is a huge focus on the highly capable program. For average students, it's hit or miss. Don't expect much from the administration- they are pleasant, but are just going through the motions and are worthless.

Posted February 28, 2011
I never see School like this. I have 2 boys there and I am so happy for this privilege. All people there are amazing, respectful, sweet and the best of the best. Thank you for love my boys

Posted September 16, 2009
My son has never been in a school like Ridgewood before. The teachers are extremely committed to helping each child reach their potential. Ridgewood also has different structured classes, which was not the case in Michigan; which is where we moved from in 2006. Ridgewood is set up, so that students spend two years with the same teacher. This, I believe, the best way for a child to get all they can from their teacher(s). My son has been attending Ridgewood since Kindergarten. Even if we were to move out of the distrrict that Ridgewood is in; I would either have him ride the bus to school, or I would drive him myself. That is how much I believe in the school; the curriculum; and everyone on the staff at Ridgewood!

Posted March 23, 2009
Ridgewood is an awesome school! The staff is hard working and they really care about the kids. The school's PTA is supportive and goes the extra mile for the teachers and the students. The areas where the school could improve is the services if offers students who are struggling. All academics are taugth by the teachers because Ridgewood does not employ Instructional Assistances or a Lap program. This can be difficult if your child requires extra assistance.

Posted March 12, 2008
My children attended Ridgewood through. The quality of the teaching is hit or miss. The school district's agenda seems more important than anything else-including meeting the needs of the student. Kent's priority seems to be on the superficial-not substance. I'm disappointed with the school and the district.

Posted June 21, 2006
Both of my boys have attended Ridgewood. It's the best grade school around. Not only have I been impressed with the staff and teachers but I know other parents who have praised them as well.

Posted April 27, 2006
Ridgewood Elementary has a dedicated staff and supportive PTA.

Posted April 18, 2006
Both my children have gone to Ridgewood since they were 5 years old. Ridgewood is a school where the school district comes first. Each child is encouraged to do their best to support the school agenda. The teachers are whipped by the school district. The principal is an administrative patsy and serves no valuable purpose for the children. The Kent School District and Ridgewood have been a complete disappointment.

Ridgewood Elementary School
18030 162nd Place SE, Renton, WA  98058
Last modified Ridgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top