Renton, WA

Posted August 11, 2014
Excellent teachers and staff! They care about every child! Coaches and athletic program are outstanding!

Posted June 30, 2014
NW has excellent leadership, not only at the Principal level, but the teachers, staff and students. The communication is great and as a parent, I am confident in what my student learned from her experience at NW and look forward to when my youngest attends the school.

Posted June 24, 2014
As a parent, I have been very happy with Northwood Middle School, our son was happy here and it felt like a safe place for learning. Our daughter will be there in the not far off future!

Posted June 21, 2014
My son went to different elementary school so when he came here, he didn't have any friend. He had no trouble making friends and feeling right at home. Teachers are great, too. His 7th grade math teacher in particular, is always eager to help when asked. Looking forward to 8th grade!

Posted June 20, 2014
Nothwood Middle School and the staff has simply amazed me as I have watched my son through 7th and 8th grade as he has struggled through rumors, friends and grades while these rumors and friendships changed day to day. Everything child faces strategies and very hard times in the transition from elementary school to high school. This is where they learn to become so they are. Nothwood has taught or son to put his knowledge from his brain onto paper. With all the drama from kids who are simply just growing up and learning, to the parents getting involved and causing drama, our son overcame all of that and started listening to the teachers and ended up with some very incredible grades! My husband and I give a huge applause to Northwood Middle School and the staff for constantly being involved in his education and always encouraging him that he was smart and can do it. The teachers, even if they were at home, always were there to answer his emails as soon as they were sent out. What a TEAM! Without the support from Mrs. Nelson, staff and resources at Northwood, we wonder who our son would be today.

Posted June 20, 2014
Northwood is the best school for my kids. They loved to go everyday. Great leadership, great teachers, great staff. I can see how much my kids enjoying it every single day. They keep saying that two years there were too short...

Posted June 20, 2014
Words cannot express how amazing this school is. My daughter moved around for much of her younger years thanks to the military and we finally settled here. I was so impressed with the staff. They truly care about their kids. Luckily for me my daughter picked a great crowd to hang out with and all of her friends were so positive and supportive! I did hear tales of a few bad eggs in the student body (drinking, drugs, sex) but any follow up questions I had for my daughter were always answered with the teachers are working with the student, the student is/was suspended/expelled, they gave a talk today about ______________ because of ___________________. Mind you these stories were few and far between but the staff was always a step ahead. My daughter loved going to school every day and really shined!

Northwood Middle School 4

Posted June 19, 2014
This school is open and accepting of many different types of individuals and learning styles. This faculty assists students to be successful learners in a positive environment. The course work assigned is level appropriate and still challenges students to think and grow to meet expectations. We look forward to sending our younger student to middle school at Northwood.

Posted June 19, 2014
I wouldn't have picked a better school for my children. All of the staff show concern towards the students and take an interest in their progress. From calling to emailing when the my children have done an exceptional job. Kids need to know someone is on their corner and Mrs Nelson and Mr Smith emphasize this daily. I was trying to rate the principle leadership and parent involvement as 5 stars but it would only let me click 4.

Northwood Middle School 4

Posted June 19, 2014
I am consistently impressed with level of communication and teacher involvement Northwood offers. Both of our kids have had positive middle school experiences, and have been very well prepared for their high school careers.

Northwood Middle School
17007 SE 184 St, Renton, WA  98058
Last modified Northwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top