Richland, WA

Chief Joseph Middle School

Posted January 23, 2010
i go there and i love the teacher and most of the students i enteract with on a day to day basis

Posted October 01, 2009
My son attended this school in 6th grade and it was wonderful. Academically the school pushed him to excel, he now attends a school where they don't expect much unfortunately. If we didn't live so far away he would once again attend Chief Joe, and if it wasn't 300 miles away I would gladly drive him there!

Posted September 05, 2009
I love my school it's awesone. : ) have the best teachers ever.

Chief Joseph Middle School 2

Posted December 16, 2008
Two of my kids went to Chief Jo. It is an Ok school. There is a number of very good teachers there. Few extracurricular activities are missing compared to two other middle schools in the district. There is no math club or chess club. The school's test performance is not high, which makes me think that the principal leadership is not spectacular. The new discipline 'Make your day' program is a disaster. Kids waste at least 90 min every week of instructional time on grading their behavior in each class in front of their peers.

Chief Joseph Middle School 4

Posted May 27, 2005
This school has a great staff that cares about the students and does a fantastic job of supporting the kids from all different academic areas. The students with good grades are given opportuninities to learn and grow in the classroom with enrichment activities and a variety of extra-curricular programs while the students that need extra help are supported, encouraged and provided with teacher assisted homework clubs and study skills classes that will assist them in keeping up.

Posted August 01, 2004
Chief Jo is a great school! Both of my daughters will be attending this year. My son went to Charmichael... we had nothing but problems with teachers and other students. Gang wanna be types were in abundance. I would never put a child through that again! Thank You Chief Joe Staff and great kids! Only one area I feel things should be changed... I dont see why 6th graders can not participate in sports.

Posted May 13, 2004
This school is incredible! My child has succeeded in so many subjects and she is an average kid. When she went to Carmicheal she failed most courses and was over stressed with to much homework on her shoulders. At Chief Joe she has achieved a lot, and though they still give homework it isn't that hard for the kids to get it done, and it isn't beacuse the homework is easy it is because at Chief Joe they look for an understanding, and the teachers accomplish that greatly. Once my daughter had an understanding for her school work she did awesome in her homework, school work, and major projects. If you are looking for a school for your child to succeed in pick Chief Joseph Middle School. Where your child's future is in great hands.

Chief Joseph Middle School
504 Wilson, Richland, WA  99352
Last modified Chief Joseph Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chief Joseph Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top