Rivers Edge High School

Public | 6-12

Posted Saturday, July 26, 2014

I am a student at River's Edge. I feel you should know River's Edge is a second chance or great starting school. Many of the students are very polite and greeting. I honestly feel this school is like a second home to me. The teacher's focus on students individually and also work as group to make every student feel welcome and accomplished. I recommend this school for everyone!

Posted January 10, 2010

My daughter had the privilege of participating in 'We the People'. The teachers, Denise and Jackie, set high expectations for their students, while providing an intense, structured, fast paced curriculum. The students learned self discipline, leadership skills, teamwork, and knowledge of our government. The curriculum was so well organized that the students went on to state debate placing 2nd! Watching the students engage in intellectual debates with government officials and attorneys was amazing! It was evident that each student not only studied the text, but they understood the importance of government and were excited about sharing their perspectives. Thank you Denise and Jackie, for encouraging my daughter to expand her knowledge, never give up, and push herself to be the best she can be. You changed my daughters life!

Posted January 21, 2009

I just recently Graduated from REHS. I never understood why the teachers there pushed me to do my work... and now i know. College has been in my mind since i was young. The teachers are REHS helped me realized and search for colleges i can get into. They DO PROVIDE A SUITABLE EDUCATION ONTO COLLEGE. Do you know that most everything they teach in the school is from college books? They put it into terms we can understand but most everything they teach is college level. They prepare you for the real world and prepare you for college. They have several teacher who can sit down with your 'student' and talk about college. Even the counselor does. This school helped me realize my strengths and weaknesses. Ii give everyone of those teachers credit for my graduating. Each one of them has a special place in my heart.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 15, 2009

This school is a alternative school to the 'traditional' high schools (Hanford, and Richland) of Richland. The curriculum is significantly easier when compared to RHS, or HHS. Students may be prepared for the 'real world', however REHS does not provide a suitable education to continue onto college.

Posted September 18, 2006

GREAT! That's just a start. The staff is wonderful. The curriculum geared to LEARNING. Parent/teacher relationships great as are student/ teacher relationships. My daughter actually LOVES school now since she is at River's Edge High. I had doubts about the school till I visited and am now so glad I did. REHS is the BEST>

Posted September 11, 2003

I graduated from River's Edge in 2000. The principal and the teachers were great. I learned more at this school then when I was at Richland High. River's Edge is less focussed on sports and more focussed on their students and the real world. They care about their students. They realize that not everyone's life is easy, I worked two jobs and went to school. The school is really set up to help students who have important things going on in their lives, but really want to finish high school. They have really good programs and a lot of different options to help kids to jump ahead of the normal high school students. You just have to take advantage of them.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the Measurements of Student Progress (MSP) to test students in reading and math in grades 3 through 8, in writing in grades 4 and 7, and in science in grades 5 and 8. The MSP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 69% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 65% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 94% in 2011.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 99% in 2011.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 97% in 2011.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 100% in 2011.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used End-of-Course (EOC) examinations to assess students in Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Math I, Integrated Math II, and Biology. The EOC tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 82% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 97% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 99% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 97% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 99% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 54% in 2013.

12 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 82% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 93% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 53% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 96% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 22% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 66% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 28% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 61% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 19% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 35% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 35% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 30% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 23% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 15% in 2013.

16 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 34% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 20% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 18% in 2013.

All Students0%

Male0%
White0%
Not special education0%

Math

The state average for Math was 42% in 2010.

43 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 50% in 2011.

35 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 85% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the High School Proficiency Exam (HSPE) to test students in reading and writing in grade 10. Math skills are tested by the End-of-Course (EOC) exams. The HSPE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

All Students71%

Special education 113%N/A13%
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 245%N/A44%
Source: 1 WA OSPI, 2009-2010
Source: 2 NCES, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

975 Gillespie