Richland, WA

Posted July 26, 2014
I am a student at River's Edge. I feel you should know River's Edge is a second chance or great starting school. Many of the students are very polite and greeting. I honestly feel this school is like a second home to me. The teacher's focus on students individually and also work as group to make every student feel welcome and accomplished. I recommend this school for everyone!

Posted January 10, 2010
My daughter had the privilege of participating in 'We the People'. The teachers, Denise and Jackie, set high expectations for their students, while providing an intense, structured, fast paced curriculum. The students learned self discipline, leadership skills, teamwork, and knowledge of our government. The curriculum was so well organized that the students went on to state debate placing 2nd! Watching the students engage in intellectual debates with government officials and attorneys was amazing! It was evident that each student not only studied the text, but they understood the importance of government and were excited about sharing their perspectives. Thank you Denise and Jackie, for encouraging my daughter to expand her knowledge, never give up, and push herself to be the best she can be. You changed my daughters life!

Posted January 21, 2009
I just recently Graduated from REHS. I never understood why the teachers there pushed me to do my work... and now i know. College has been in my mind since i was young. The teachers are REHS helped me realized and search for colleges i can get into. They DO PROVIDE A SUITABLE EDUCATION ONTO COLLEGE. Do you know that most everything they teach in the school is from college books? They put it into terms we can understand but most everything they teach is college level. They prepare you for the real world and prepare you for college. They have several teacher who can sit down with your 'student' and talk about college. Even the counselor does. This school helped me realize my strengths and weaknesses. Ii give everyone of those teachers credit for my graduating. Each one of them has a special place in my heart.

Rivers Edge High School 1

Posted January 15, 2009
This school is a alternative school to the 'traditional' high schools (Hanford, and Richland) of Richland. The curriculum is significantly easier when compared to RHS, or HHS. Students may be prepared for the 'real world', however REHS does not provide a suitable education to continue onto college.

Posted August 27, 2008

Posted February 29, 2008

Posted September 26, 2007

Posted September 18, 2006
GREAT! That's just a start. The staff is wonderful. The curriculum geared to LEARNING. Parent/teacher relationships great as are student/ teacher relationships. My daughter actually LOVES school now since she is at River's Edge High. I had doubts about the school till I visited and am now so glad I did. REHS is the BEST>

Rivers Edge High School 1

Posted August 16, 2005

Rivers Edge High School 4

Posted September 11, 2003
I graduated from River's Edge in 2000. The principal and the teachers were great. I learned more at this school then when I was at Richland High. River's Edge is less focussed on sports and more focussed on their students and the real world. They care about their students. They realize that not everyone's life is easy, I worked two jobs and went to school. The school is really set up to help students who have important things going on in their lives, but really want to finish high school. They have really good programs and a lot of different options to help kids to jump ahead of the normal high school students. You just have to take advantage of them.

Rivers Edge High School
975 Gillespie, Richland, WA  99352
Last modified Rivers Edge High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rivers Edge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top