Posted August 14, 2014
This is not where you want your children. How they talk to kids, how they treat kids they feel are too much work or just don't like personally is very very sad. I saw very poor care given in childrens feelings even calling kids names. Very sad.don't trust your kids to a small town minded place with no standards in place.

Posted October 14, 2012
I am very disappointed with this school. There is a lack of commitment from the teachers and administration to the children. In some classes teachers are not interested in teaching and don't care about the well being of the students. I transferred my child to another daycare/school, after spending almost two years at Children's Garden, and she is extremely happy and is developing very nicely with her peers. I cannot imagine what she was missing.

Posted July 18, 2010
I have a son who has attended for 3 years now and I am all around pleased with the quality the teachers who are giving my son the best pre education anywhere, with the constint feedback i have received from the teachers along with the staff about my son progress and my involvement. Just watching my son interacting with other kids his age even years older who don't attend Childrens Garden showes me I made an EXCELLENT choice.

Posted October 06, 2009
I was disappointed with the average quality and narrow minded approach of the teachers. I am rating 1 out of 5

Posted August 23, 2009
School offers year-round, all-day care for kids aged 12-months through 2nd grade. Toddler rooms are more intense Montessori program; remaining rooms are a nice blend of Montessori and traditional programs. Primary rooms combine preschool, p-K, and K kids in classrooms of about 20 kids each, with some separate activities for different ability groups within each room. First-2nd grades are combined in a room of about 20-25 kids total. Each room has multiple teachers. Terrific program.

Posted September 05, 2008
I have two daughters at the school -- both of whom have been there since age 1. My eldest is now a kindergartener and is in both a morning public school bi-lingual program (very difficult to get into) and the afternoon program at CG. She was used to this very stimulating environment, so when she entered another after school program, she was bored. I've figured out a way to transport her across two towns to get her back to CG in the afternoons. The staff and administration have been VERY supportive. My girls love learning, their teachers and their CG friends. It's wonderful. If you can get your kid in, you'll almost certainly love it (and if you don't love it, it's probably [and I'm guessing here] because your kid is hard to manage and the administration/teachers have blamed it on you).

Posted August 01, 2008
I have three children that have attended this school, all the way from the toddler room to the primary classroom. The environment created by the teachers and support staff is the best I have encountered compared to public classrooms or industrialized childcare. While the administrative staff do run a dictatorship over enrollment procedures and school policies that are at times ludicrous, it is worth the inconvenience to have the best education for my kids. It is also the only full time, full year private preschool in this area to accomodate working parents. With 5 different preschool rooms for 3-6 year olds, it's easy to find one to suit every child. The primary classroom for 1st and 2nd grade has exceeded all of my expectations this past year as my son finished 1st grade. He is reading beyond his grade level and genuinely enjoys school. I can't ask for more than that.

Children's Garden Montessori 2

Posted May 06, 2008

Posted April 02, 2008
My daughter has been attending the Children's Garden for two years now, starting in preschool. The teachers are knowledgeable, caring, and willing to adjust to the individual levels of each child. I have had issues with the lack of communication between the administration staff and myself. The office help rarely understands how the school functions and therefore cannot provide clear information to the parents. The Kindergarten Director works part-time and is difficult to reach. The wrong registration paperwork was provided to me and therefore nearly caused me to miss first grade registration. With more notice I could have planned accordingly for the registration process... standing in line, overnight. For a school that has been in operation has long has this school has been, I would have assumed they would have a smooth running office who keep their staff informed.

Posted February 21, 2008
Our son positively loved his experience here! The teachers are wonderfully caring. The best feature of the school is that it fosters a sense of excitement for (and a love of) learning. It is as good or better than Montessori programs in much more metropolitan areas. It's the best of the best - a truly special place!

Children's Garden Montessori