White Bluffs Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2014
Complacency. It is pervasive in a majority of parents and some teachers. When I read assertions of greatness, all pros and no cons, in these ratings at this site, I think complacency. Public schools do not get enough of the funds to the classroom. It all starts and ends with us taxpayers - if we don't force the Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), www.k12.wa.us to greatly up its game, the public schools will continue damaging for life its students, our children. The classroom teaching materials stemming from OSPI are lousy and contain material created solely such that only public school students would know the secrete code, forcing the teachers to teach to the standardized tests, making outsiders test poorly as if Washington students are superior. They are not. Akin to a police officer incapable of writing citations, I found Ms. Stredwick a teacher unwilling or unable to grade children's work, and worse. Ms. Stredwick as not unique. We are not adequately represented when the politicians sit down at the bargaining table with the most powerful unions in the US - the teachers unions. Let's start talking up to our students rather than down.

Posted April 20, 2012
White Bluff is an amazing school and expierience to endure. Although other schools in the district have fair quality, WBE is by far the best.

Posted November 03, 2011
Have had children attend White Bluffs since opening day. Great school with lots of energy! Don t let negative comments on the Principal discourage, they are dated to prior administration. New principal started in Fall 2010 and is FANTASTIC. Very energetic and has great communication with both parents AND students. Not enough words to describe the wonderful teaching staff; my experience with classroom and specialist have fantastic academically. White Bluffs has a great culture of supporting social awareness as well as community involvement. Including Anti Bully Week, Drug Free Week, support to Cancer Center families during the holidays; Coats for Kids; fundraising for the local food shelter and national relief organizations to name a few. PTO is another story. As indicated in other postings their financial expectations of parents are too high for a public school.

Posted July 25, 2011
Our son attended this school for 3 years, up until we had to move out of state, and it was an amazing experience! The teachers and administration at this school are just stellar, the new principal has revitalized the school. The teachers allow kids to be kids, to learn and make mistakes, and to challenge themselves. My son s reading level accelerated in first grade and then continued to soar above elementary level in 2nd grade. The specials teachers are outstanding! Wonderful parental involvement and commitment to education We will truly miss White Bluffs and everyone there!

Posted September 29, 2010
great parent support and good teachers

White Bluffs Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2010
Wonderful school! If you are lucky to get Mrs. Lipp for Kindergarden, you're in for a soecial treat! My child left Kindergarden with a mid level first grade reading capability. Amazing opportunities at this school including Spanish for all grades, after school. I was a bit taken back by the income levels, and people were a bit snobbish. However, I was willing to get passed this because of the education provided. Over all.....a great school!

Posted May 17, 2009
White Bluffs Elementary is a fantastic school! My kids have had outstanding teachers there for the past two years and have been challenged academically. The support staff is also top rate. I would highly recommend this school above any others in the Richland School District.

Posted February 09, 2009
We are fortunate to have such a loving and supportive faculty and staff for our children. The teachers are excellent and showcase their talents with great special projects. My children receive individualized education, in a safe environment. The activities- music programs, circus club, chess, etc, give ample opportunity to all students to feel involved. The pricipal is fantastic and dedicated to student achievement. We couldn't be happier.

White Bluffs Elementary School 0

Posted August 18, 2008
My child was much more academically challenged at her previous school. I was very disappointed at the cirriculum and have felt the need to supplement at home with additional work. I also felt uninformed on what was happening at the school, my child was even allowed to go on a field trip that I knew nothing about.

White Bluffs Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2008
Very poor principal leadership. Would rather pass children who weren't ready for the next grade despite parents concerns. High financial expectations from teachers due to economic status of neighborhood. Don't expect any extra support for children with ADHD and or learning disabilities...you will need to enforce your students rights. If your child has below average scores or learning disabilities, be diligent and put every request in writing or it will not be followed through with.

White Bluffs Elementary School
1250 Kensington, Richland, WA  99352
Last modified White Bluffs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Bluffs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top