9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted July 07, 2016
The counselor has no follow through and the Admin staff bring out the worst in a frustrated parent. Teachers seriously lack feedback. Communication by staff is poor unless you chase them down. Even when counselor put out email for teacher feedback, she didn't get a response until the second request and then it was only one teacher who responded. For us, the school sucks but I am sure there are some who think its great.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 07, 2016
The teachers can not effectively implement a Federal 504 program. Another parent raised concern about teacher performance with me when I was having my own issues with Delta. Discouraging!

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 07, 2016
Again, when the admin staff can't display "respect" even after a parent discusses concern, then I find it hard to believe they model it for the students.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 07, 2016
When admin staff can't even model "compassion, caring, and empathy," then I find it hard to believe the school strives to develop it in the students.

Posted July 07, 2016
After two years of my child attending Delta, I can say that I and another parent are very disappointed. We would not recommend this school.

Posted June 16, 2016
I like the STEM school program and I love how small it is. With about 500 students it's easy for me to walk down the hallways with confidence. And with the endless presentations it gives me coragae. MOST of the teachers love there jobs and try to help you in any way they can. Also I feel as if the things I am learning are helpful and that I'll be using it in the future. But.. the actual staff at delta is a different ball game. I've been sent to the office twice, and I'll tell you why. The first time was because a staff member decided to lie and tell my teacher and the front office that I told her to "screw off". Let me tell you, I am not an angle but I would NEVER say that to someone who could possibly get me kicked out of this school, I like it here, I don't want to leave. That was the first time now here is the second, I was in class and I was actually being a little distracting by taking pictures, the sub. Told me to put that away, so I turned off the camera but kept it in my hands, I took no more pictures after that point. Like I said before I am a loud person (not too loud, but loud) and I kept on giggling with 3 other people at my table. The sub was standing at my tabe while the nurse was talking (we were having a free day and she came it to teach us something we already knew) I took another person's paper and decided to take some notes, I wasn't in class in the beginning, I came in the middle due to taking a test, so I didn't get the memo on what we were doing, so taking notes was something I just wanted to do. While taking notes I continued to laugh and got yelled at (in front of the whole class) and got told that I'm being sent to the office. I said okay and started packing my things. After being told to hurry about 4 times I finally got out to the hallway when I hear the nurse talk to the ENTIRE class about how the way I was acting was unnormal and that I was "on something" I just left after hearing that but then what's even worse is the sub criticized the way I walked and proceeded to tell me that the world wasn't revolved around me. I then told him that I never even mentioned anything about me, I was just telling him that we already learned that course. But he still fought me saying that I only thought about myself. I had to sit in the office the rest of the day. The office was parshly nice and parshly mean. But you know, whatever.

Delta High School 5

Posted May 22, 2013
Delta High School is NOT a private school. This STEM school has students from the Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland schools enrolled. The incoming class is picked by a lotto system each year.

Posted August 29, 2012
the school has a good concept in plan; a STEM school; science, technology, engineering, mathematics are what they focus on, modeled after a a STEM school in Seattle, but the space is WAY too small and the principal makes your life miserable, class mates of mine were always transferring and i transferred to three rivers home-link and i love it there! the teachers were good when i was there, but some left and some new ones came in. btw this school is not private, it is a public school and students get in via off of a lottery drawing.

901 Northgate Dr, Richland, WA  99352