9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers at the school are alright in being effective at actually teaching, but most teachers that we've had have struggled in handling social disruptions.

Delta High School is a STEM school, (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) yet, the school hardly feels different compared to an actual school, sure our schedule is in blocks (A block, B block, etc) and those blocks do change in order each day, however that isn't the point. Even our grading system, which instead of A's and B's is actually based on a, what I like to call the "Counting" system, we are graded on numbers 0-4, a 4 being a 100% or A+, and a 3 being proficient at a 75% grade. The school provides alright food at lunch and like a lot of high schools we have our fair share of questionable teachers and staff. But as a student of the school I've gotten some insight into whether or not I can recommend this school, that's a definite no. Over the past years that I've attended there is virtually no anti-bullying or harassment system in place at this school that I have seen, in the entirety that Delta has come to being, only 1 student that I know of has EVER been fully expelled. If your being harassed, the only thing you can do is go down to the office, discuss your complaint, and receive the same simple answer of, "We're aware of the issue and we're doing what we can to improve it." That statement means absolutely nothing to me and I have not seen any improvement in various disrupters, some teachers will shut it down if there are bullying going on, but there are also those that only make it worse and even cause arguments with those students. Overall, the academic system and potential for students at this school is average in my opinion, I do not feel like I have very great advantages here compared to other high schools and I'm sure being swayed by the whole social experience that I've had here. There is less of a presence of "cliques" however there is still the presence of students with disruptive tendencies who wouldn't survive at their home high school. Do I recommend this school in terms of grabbing an education? Sure . But do I recommend this school if your looking to have a great experience with the students and teaching environment? Depending on the blocks that you share with certain people, probably not.

Ignore all the negative reviews: they don't know anything. Sure some of the teachers are a pain but that's what happens at almost every single school. One review from 2012 said the building was too small but in fact we have since moved to a brand new much more spacious building in Pasco. It is a good school for anyone interested in pursuing a career in a STEM field but as someone not interested in a STEM career I personally like that it's not a big school and that I at least know everyone in my class. The staff who aren't lazy or rude due genuinely care about the students so don't let a few bad (and some rotten) apples put you off. They keep on employing better and better staff after the bad ones give up and find jobs elsewhere. It's a good school! Even if you're not sure about Delta just apply for the lottery and if you're accepted then you can make a decision.

Supports LD students: Agree

Although they may not have set classes for some of those students there is still a staff member on hand to assist if need be.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

The ASB has their ineffective moments but for the most part they're alright.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are, others are lazy and definitely don't deserve a paycheck.

Great school for the future generations. My kid had to apply in the "lotto" and got accepted and I am so happy she goes here. This school focuses on STEM but also integrates basic subjects found in high school. Only downside is students often sacrifice things. There is no gymnassium so kids have to get their own P.E credits by doing things afterschool and recording the hours. This isn't hard for my daughter as she still does volleyball and track in her "home high-school" Richland High. Another thing can be there is no arts/music classes, but I am informed there are clubs for those and again; they can still participate art/music programs like band in their home high school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My kid constantly complains about having homework from each class everyday! He still gets 3/4's but it stresses him due to sports.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers can not effectively implement a Federal 504 program. Another parent raised concern about teacher performance with me when I was having my own issues with Delta. Discouraging!

After two years of my child attending Delta, I can say that I and another parent are very disappointed. We would not recommend this school.

Last modified Delta High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12