Posted May 20, 2012
Southridge does an excellent job of providing a solid education for the core cirriculum which is reflected not only by high MSP scores but also by success in acedemic competitions. For 2012, SR 4th grade team placed 4th in the state math competition and the 6th grade team placed 3rd ! The teachers are excellent and care about student's progress. They have a "HC" program to challenge gifted students. The only improvement that I can think of is to establish a program for advanced math but this is more an adminstrative decision. The recent bond approval will improve the facilities and hopefully free up some funding for more challenging programs.

Posted August 15, 2011
Southridge Elementary has proven to be an outstanding school! The staff and teachers truly care about every student and do above and beyond to help each child succeed. My son enjoys this school and is returning this year as a 2nd grade student. The curriculum is appropriately challenging and I have watched my child blossom since he has attended school here. Friendly staff, happy children, and above all, the passion to educate is why we love Southridge!

South Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2010
Our family had mixed reviews of this school our children attended during fall 2010. The physical plant is somewhat depressing with old equipment and buildings that aren't in the best repair. Some systems are in conflict with other S.R. systems. For example, classroom teachers have policies and procedures about how to communicate about absences and how the kids get home that don't always jibe with "the office." Staff and principal say they are interested in questions and concerns, but when brought to their attention are not discussed - just dismissed. Our kids did have good instruction by their teachers, although they struggle with high class sizes and lack of in-classroom assistance. Specifically not impressed by the new principal who has not demonstrated leadership. Also not with the over-the-top response to last year's child safety issues elsewhere. All children now leave the school as soon as the bell rings, leaving a ghost town.

Posted December 15, 2009
South Ridge is a great school, I went there K-6th grade and I absolutely loved that school. My son will be starting Kindergarten next school year. All of the teachers are fun and nice. I still keep in touch with a few teachers.

Posted November 19, 2009
five stars great school great teachers great people the lady who directs traffic dailyis great i appologize for not knowing her name but she is awesome! & the principal & teachers cross with each kid to there parents car to ensure their safety. way to go southridge!! love you

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted October 30, 2008
My son is in the first grade at South Ridge. The leadership is so great that the teachers are happy and it seems like the staff works like a well oiled machine. When you walk in you see everyone smiling and enjoying the day.

Posted May 27, 2008
I am a very satisfied parent. My son is learning so much in a short amount of time.

Posted January 03, 2008
Love the principal. This is our second year at South Ridge. We are overall very happy. Amazing parent participation.

Posted December 11, 2007
This school is fantastic, my daughter started kindergarten this year and has enjoyed every minute of learning. She enjoys doing her homework and learning to read. I volunteer in the kindergarten class and have seen how well the kids interact with eachother and their teacher. There is always a positive learning atmospher with lots of room for growth and positive renforcement. I'm very pleased with the teachers and principal at this school.

South Ridge Elementary School
502 NW 199th St, Ridgefield, WA  98642
Last modified South Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top