6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As a student at Eastside I have seen and experienced many things I am going to be brutally honest. 1 Yes the education is good but I wouldn't say it is worth 22k+ a year especially if you already live near a fairly good high school. 2. Yes the football recruiting is a huge issue. A lot of school funding is directed toward football, and athletic scholarships are routinely given out. The lack of fair funding for other small sports is astonishing. Also, football players are not held to the same academic standard as other students. Even using grade manipulation in order to be eligible for games or teachers ignoring the fact that a player walked in late to class. 3. The students here are EXTREMELY cliquey and if you don't go here for middle school it is very hard to find your group. With that being said Even though I did not enjoy my experience I cannot deny that Eastside prepared me for college, with a few not all fantastic teachers.

EC has the potential to be a great school but it is mismanaged and disappointing. They have lost the head of school, vice principal and several board members in one year. The current principal is leaving with no replacement in sight. Tuition is over 20k-- more than any other catholic school. Lots of money goes toward football recruiting, basketball recruiting and tutoring athletes. This school gives a lot of money to kids to play sports, and does not require athletes to meet the same academic requirements as non athletes. pros: good teachers, mostly nice kids, some religious education. Cons: can't maintain a strong administrative staff, big donor catholic families have undue influence over how the school is run, over emphasis on football and basketball.

As a student of various public and private schools, I can easily say EC is my favorite. I have had the best, most dedicated, and engaging teachers, and the sense of community at the school is very strong. People are very friendly and generally accepting, and although some of the rules are strict, the experience is worth it. Drug and promiscuity problems have definitely gotten much better since 2011, and this school really prepares kids for college . I'm so proud of our opportunities at this school, and to be a Crusader!

Eastside Catholic is a pronominal school that offers a perfect blend of academic excellence and a rich high school experience. The environment truly embodies the meaning of "family" as each unit goes over and beyond to assist. I cant imagine another school being better in providing inputs into my child's life. Some consider Lakeside, Seattle Prep, ODea and others; but, none compare with EC.

While EC has had its share of challenges since its move from Newcastle to the Plateau, it has remained a rigorous, spiritual, connected community that allows students to thrive. We have two graduates from EC and both earned the highest merit scholarship amounts to private Catholic colleges and both have had highly successful high school experiences. Our youngest is about to enter EC as a freshman and we can't wait! Yes, we make many financial sacrifices to be able to have our children at a private school, but as a public school teacher, I wouldn't and couldn't dream of a better gift and legacy to have our kids be a part of. I am very proud to be pat of EC and feel strongly that we have made the right choice for our family.

Eastside Catholic truly teaches the whole person. Our daughter is in the middle school and we are thrilled by the caliber of her education. Teachers are involved and interested in each student, challenging them and providing them with opportunities inside and outside classroom time to learn and grow. The focus on ethics and moral character is wonderful. Our student has become a more engaged member of our community, concerned about those around her and a happier child to be with. We're very thankful to Eastside Catholic!

Eastside Catholic (EC) is a fantastic school. The entire community (Students, Faculty, Administration, Board and Parents/Alumni) is focused on maximizing the talents and capabilities of each student. Everyone is accepted for who they are and the unique gifts they bring. EC is academically rigorous, provides leadership opportunities and encourages all students to participate in extracurricular activities. It truly a hidden gem, that I hope you will discover.

This school is a miserable joke of "catholic" education the fact that there is a wide spread amount of recruiting for football is insane that the parents that value education and their hard earned tuition is being spent on football and their athletic scholarships that they give out so freely and believe me its widespread. Its astonishing how the direction of this school has changed in a few years from a school that values its students education to a "football school" thats education is no better than the schools down the road (Eastlake & Skyline). Very disappointed at the direction of the school, which is handing out athletic scholarship after another to students that only provide to the football program at the school rather than striving the Academic Excellence like their touchstone says. What ever happened to the old Eastside Catholic that strives to be a top college prep school in the east-side? This school has some serious management issues and needs to go back to its fundamentals rather than the new found persona of the school.

As a parent of a graduate (2011) and a current junior (2014), I am thrilled by the level of passion from the teachers, athletic coaches (eg Lacrosse), clubs (eg DECA) and administration.

Eastside Catholic is everything you could want in a school. I have done a trial day in middle school (6th grade) and been there on several occasions, but I can't go there because of the tuition. That's really the main issue with EC. The tuition is about $17,000, and financial age lowers it only by a couple thousand. It's truly a lovely school, but tuition is enough to kill you.

Last modified Eastside Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12