Sammamish, WA

Eastside Catholic School 3

Posted March 11, 2015
EC has the potential to be a great school but it is mismanaged and disappointing. They have lost the head of school, vice principal and several board members in one year. The current principal is leaving with no replacement in sight. Tuition is over 20k-- more than any other catholic school. Lots of money goes toward football recruiting, basketball recruiting and tutoring athletes. This school gives a lot of money to kids to play sports, and does not require athletes to meet the same academic requirements as non athletes. pros: good teachers, mostly nice kids, some religious education. Cons: can't maintain a strong administrative staff, big donor catholic families have undue influence over how the school is run, over emphasis on football and basketball.

Posted January 10, 2015
As a student of various public and private schools, I can easily say EC is my favorite. I have had the best, most dedicated, and engaging teachers, and the sense of community at the school is very strong. People are very friendly and generally accepting, and although some of the rules are strict, the experience is worth it. Drug and promiscuity problems have definitely gotten much better since 2011, and this school really prepares kids for college . I'm so proud of our opportunities at this school, and to be a Crusader!

Posted November 12, 2014
Eastside Catholic is a pronominal school that offers a perfect blend of academic excellence and a rich high school experience. The environment truly embodies the meaning of "family" as each unit goes over and beyond to assist. I cant imagine another school being better in providing inputs into my child's life. Some consider Lakeside, Seattle Prep, ODea and others; but, none compare with EC.

Posted July 19, 2014
While EC has had its share of challenges since its move from Newcastle to the Plateau, it has remained a rigorous, spiritual, connected community that allows students to thrive. We have two graduates from EC and both earned the highest merit scholarship amounts to private Catholic colleges and both have had highly successful high school experiences. Our youngest is about to enter EC as a freshman and we can't wait! Yes, we make many financial sacrifices to be able to have our children at a private school, but as a public school teacher, I wouldn't and couldn't dream of a better gift and legacy to have our kids be a part of. I am very proud to be pat of EC and feel strongly that we have made the right choice for our family.

Posted June 14, 2014
Eastside Catholic truly teaches the whole person. Our daughter is in the middle school and we are thrilled by the caliber of her education. Teachers are involved and interested in each student, challenging them and providing them with opportunities inside and outside classroom time to learn and grow. The focus on ethics and moral character is wonderful. Our student has become a more engaged member of our community, concerned about those around her and a happier child to be with. We're very thankful to Eastside Catholic!

Posted April 11, 2014
Eastside Catholic (EC) is a fantastic school. The entire community (Students, Faculty, Administration, Board and Parents/Alumni) is focused on maximizing the talents and capabilities of each student. Everyone is accepted for who they are and the unique gifts they bring. EC is academically rigorous, provides leadership opportunities and encourages all students to participate in extracurricular activities. It truly a hidden gem, that I hope you will discover.

Eastside Catholic School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This school is a miserable joke of "catholic" education the fact that there is a wide spread amount of recruiting for football is insane that the parents that value education and their hard earned tuition is being spent on football and their athletic scholarships that they give out so freely and believe me its widespread. Its astonishing how the direction of this school has changed in a few years from a school that values its students education to a "football school" thats education is no better than the schools down the road (Eastlake & Skyline). Very disappointed at the direction of the school, which is handing out athletic scholarship after another to students that only provide to the football program at the school rather than striving the Academic Excellence like their touchstone says. What ever happened to the old Eastside Catholic that strives to be a top college prep school in the east-side? This school has some serious management issues and needs to go back to its fundamentals rather than the new found persona of the school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 13, 2012
As a parent of a graduate (2011) and a current junior (2014), I am thrilled by the level of passion from the teachers, athletic coaches (eg Lacrosse), clubs (eg DECA) and administration.

Eastside Catholic School 4

Posted July 24, 2012
Eastside Catholic is everything you could want in a school. I have done a trial day in middle school (6th grade) and been there on several occasions, but I can't go there because of the tuition. That's really the main issue with EC. The tuition is about $17,000, and financial age lowers it only by a couple thousand. It's truly a lovely school, but tuition is enough to kill you.

Eastside Catholic School 1

Posted July 03, 2012
The Middle School did not meet expectations set during the admissions process. The majority of teachers this year consistently did not return our emails. Sixth grade doubled in size this year over last year, the demographic was over 2/3 male, and the school places great value on sports. Administration did not effectively plan for this student population. Curriculum was good, not great, with a few star teachers. I found their fund raising tactics and donor favoritism modeled poor values to the students and was in stark contrast with the school s spiritual mission. Overall, I have serious questions about how well the school is managed.

Eastside Catholic School
232 228th Avenue SE, Sammamish, WA  98074
Last modified Eastside Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Eastside Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top