Sammamish, WA

Posted November 12, 2014
Eastside Catholic is a pronominal school that offers a perfect blend of academic excellence and a rich high school experience. The environment truly embodies the meaning of "family" as each unit goes over and beyond to assist. I cant imagine another school being better in providing inputs into my child's life. Some consider Lakeside, Seattle Prep, ODea and others; but, none compare with EC.

Posted July 19, 2014
While EC has had its share of challenges since its move from Newcastle to the Plateau, it has remained a rigorous, spiritual, connected community that allows students to thrive. We have two graduates from EC and both earned the highest merit scholarship amounts to private Catholic colleges and both have had highly successful high school experiences. Our youngest is about to enter EC as a freshman and we can't wait! Yes, we make many financial sacrifices to be able to have our children at a private school, but as a public school teacher, I wouldn't and couldn't dream of a better gift and legacy to have our kids be a part of. I am very proud to be pat of EC and feel strongly that we have made the right choice for our family.

Posted June 14, 2014
Eastside Catholic truly teaches the whole person. Our daughter is in the middle school and we are thrilled by the caliber of her education. Teachers are involved and interested in each student, challenging them and providing them with opportunities inside and outside classroom time to learn and grow. The focus on ethics and moral character is wonderful. Our student has become a more engaged member of our community, concerned about those around her and a happier child to be with. We're very thankful to Eastside Catholic!

Posted April 11, 2014
Eastside Catholic (EC) is a fantastic school. The entire community (Students, Faculty, Administration, Board and Parents/Alumni) is focused on maximizing the talents and capabilities of each student. Everyone is accepted for who they are and the unique gifts they bring. EC is academically rigorous, provides leadership opportunities and encourages all students to participate in extracurricular activities. It truly a hidden gem, that I hope you will discover.

Eastside Catholic School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This school is a miserable joke of "catholic" education the fact that there is a wide spread amount of recruiting for football is insane that the parents that value education and their hard earned tuition is being spent on football and their athletic scholarships that they give out so freely and believe me its widespread. Its astonishing how the direction of this school has changed in a few years from a school that values its students education to a "football school" thats education is no better than the schools down the road (Eastlake & Skyline). Very disappointed at the direction of the school, which is handing out athletic scholarship after another to students that only provide to the football program at the school rather than striving the Academic Excellence like their touchstone says. What ever happened to the old Eastside Catholic that strives to be a top college prep school in the east-side? This school has some serious management issues and needs to go back to its fundamentals rather than the new found persona of the school.

Posted December 13, 2012
As a parent of a graduate (2011) and a current junior (2014), I am thrilled by the level of passion from the teachers, athletic coaches (eg Lacrosse), clubs (eg DECA) and administration.

Eastside Catholic School 4

Posted July 24, 2012
Eastside Catholic is everything you could want in a school. I have done a trial day in middle school (6th grade) and been there on several occasions, but I can't go there because of the tuition. That's really the main issue with EC. The tuition is about $17,000, and financial age lowers it only by a couple thousand. It's truly a lovely school, but tuition is enough to kill you.

Eastside Catholic School 1

Posted July 03, 2012
The Middle School did not meet expectations set during the admissions process. The majority of teachers this year consistently did not return our emails. Sixth grade doubled in size this year over last year, the demographic was over 2/3 male, and the school places great value on sports. Administration did not effectively plan for this student population. Curriculum was good, not great, with a few star teachers. I found their fund raising tactics and donor favoritism modeled poor values to the students and was in stark contrast with the school s spiritual mission. Overall, I have serious questions about how well the school is managed.

Posted January 30, 2012
My son began attending Eastside Catholic in the 9th grade this past fall. He is so proud to be a part of this school, and to let others know that this is his school. Every day is a great day for him there. I've never seen him so happy to go to school. I was surprised how quickly he made friends and bonded to the school. A key factor in choosing a high school for us was to find a school that would develop the whole child - socially, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually, and Eastside really addresses all of these. As for those who would criticize student behavior, I respond that all high schools have these issues, and you wil never find a school that doesn't. The difference is how a small, caring school like Eastside responds to work with the student and family to help the student.

Posted January 25, 2012
We love Eastside Catholic! My son graduated from EC last June and he was more than prepared for college. He had 25 college credits from all the AP classes he took. EC Teachers are fabulous! Eastside Catholic introduced him to his passion (Economics/Poli Sci) and he is now thriving in college. We recommend Eastside Catholic highly!

Eastside Catholic School
232 228th Avenue SE, Sammamish, WA  98074
Last modified Eastside Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Eastside Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top