PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 23, 2016
There isn't a better Montessori school in the area. We have experience haing our children in the program from infant through primary so far and have only felt lucky to be part of such a wonderful community of educators and administrators. The educators are passionate about care for the children and their Montessori based learning approach is an organic way for the children to learn per their individual needs. I was so impressed when my preschooler was reading at advanced levels so quickly and more importantly had great confidence in his ability to learn new concepts. The administrative staff is exception as well, having a hands on approach with families, with clearly great love and passion for the work they do and the families they are supporting. This is a wonderful community to be a part of and we highly recommend it.

Posted November 21, 2014
Our family has had some difficulties with the social growth of our youngest. The teachers and support staff at Arbor have been wonderfully supportive and we are seeing great progress in our child's social, emotional and academic aptitude

Posted September 26, 2012
We love being part of this school. Everyone has been very welcoming to our family. The teachers and administrators have done a great job explaining the Montessori philosophy of student based learning as well as explaining the curriculum guidelines and expectations for the coming year! We are very excited.

Posted August 07, 2012
My two sons are starting their second year at Arbor. I can't imagine sending them anywhere else! Both of their teachers pay very close attention to my boys and know exactly what they need. I am amazed at how quickly my older son has learned to read and how much he loves school. My toddler has learned to put on his own shoes and wash his own dishes - and clean up after himself! He is so proud of himself, and I am happy to see toys put away at home. The teachers are also potty training him at school! Most of all, I very happy with the culture of kindness and supportive community at the school. The students are taught to care about each other and their environment. They learn to help and to be responsible. The older students read to the younger students and teach them how to work with the math manipulatives. I can see that my boys are thriving here, and that the teachers care very much about them.

Arbor Schools 1

Posted November 13, 2011
Avoid this school at all costs. You will spend equal to the tuition to tutors in order to fill in all the gaps the school leaves in education. Any local public school is better.

Arbor Schools 4

Posted August 22, 2011
This is our family's 4th preschool on the plateau and BEST one ever. Every teacher knows the name of every student and in the classroom he was understood by his teachers. Only disappointment came from his teachers not responding well to my request to push him out of his comfort zone a bit more (thus the 4) thought Montessori would probably support their choice to leave him. I was concerned about the negative reviews but actually found a few current parents who had thorough, positive attitudes toward Arbor before we joined and glad we did. The older, lower reviews have been outgrown and corrected.

Posted January 27, 2011
Arbor School has been a fabulous alternative to public school for our elementary school aged child. He can focus and excel in core academic subjects taught by highly educated, respectful teachers. We are pleased with the fine arts and social responsiblility he has learned at Arbor, too. The school puts emphasis on teachers in the classroom with a low student to teacher ratio. Our child is recieving an excellent education at Arbor School.

Posted December 08, 2010
Our family has had a very good experience with Arbor - I personally like the small class size and think this is very good for kids. This school really cares about the kids and we have gotten tremendous support. I myself have seen a great deal of individualization. I also applaud Arbor's emphasis on true respect for others as well as the academics. I am happy the original director is back and glad to hear the junior high program will be managed by excellent teachers next year.

Posted December 03, 2010
My child is Thriving at Arbor. His confidence has grown in a short period of time and I'm amazed at how well he has progressed academically. Arbor is a fantastic school with individualized attention, strong teachers and a caring atmosphere. I couldn't be happier.

Arbor Schools

Posted February 25, 2010
I am very pleased with the direction the school has taken with their new director. Academic programs have been redesigned, excellent enrichment activities such as a string orchestra were introduced along with additional after school clubs and sports. I feel that the respect and acceptance taught to Arbor students is rare in private schools let alone public schools. I couldn't be happier and will be re-enrolling my daughter all the way through 9th grade.

Arbor Schools